Question about a combined Hot Farm class August 13, 2021 10:51AM
What do you think about a 466, 3x3 A pump with cooler running with a 466, 3x3 with P pump and no cooler. I am just kicking the idea around so Pa. Hot Farms can run with New York Hot farms and vise versa. The fairs seem to be looking at the Hot Farm classes more and more. Combining the 2 would give more tractors in the class and an opportunity for others to build for this class. The New York class is a good hard running group that we had the honor to run with last year brush pulling. Thanks for any helpful feedback.

Re: Question about a combined Hot Farm class August 14, 2021 08:24AM
I believe the a-pump with coolers will beat up on p-pumps without cooler same turbo, same cubic inches, and same weight. You build an a-pump about as good as p-pump just more $$$ and not going to last as long in my opinion. The pump is not the deciding factor here.

Re: Question about a combined Hot Farm class August 14, 2021 09:56AM
They got us by 20' +- at Troy this year. They run really strong.

Re: Question about a combined Hot Farm class August 14, 2021 10:55AM
I would think that cooler would be too much of an advantage, You might have to give the non cooler tractor more weight to make fair.

Re: Question about a combined Hot Farm class August 14, 2021 06:42PM
Why not just make the rule 466 3x3 or 3x4 no coolers and run your choice of a pump or p pump. These stupid a pump rules are just plain dumb. Its all about someone wanting to have their own little sandbox with some stupid rule like a pumps can have a cooler and you can't because you have p pump. Why not just save yourself some money and put on a p pump or spend the big money to get an a pump built to run with the p pumps? This whole thing of mixed rules never works. It might for a while until someone jumps out front and everyone else gets butt hurt over it then they Change the rules again. Just saying.

Re: Question about a combined Hot Farm class August 14, 2021 09:36PM
Ntpa and ppl have a hot farm class look it up
510 cid 20.8x38 9500 lbs water only in cross over pretty much the basic rules
All pretty simple

Re: Question about a combined Hot Farm class August 14, 2021 11:23PM
You are all correct but if you want to pull in your own area you have to play with the rules for that area. Just thinking out loud on how to give pullers more options. I'd love to run a P-pump etc. and it may come to that for us.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,835, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro