No NTPA Pulls Anywhere Tonight August 13, 2021 11:12AM
A Friday night in August and no NTPA pulls anywhere tonight. That is remarkably surprising.

Re: No NTPA Pulls Anywhere Tonight August 13, 2021 11:16AM
Less than a week to Bowling Green.

Re: No NTPA Pulls Anywhere Tonight August 13, 2021 01:43PM
Plenty of pulls going on in the upper midwest. PPL, UPM, Outlaws, ECIPA all have pulls going tonight.

Re: No NTPA Pulls Anywhere Tonight August 13, 2021 11:18PM
Last night used to be the night of the Erie county fair pull in Sandusky, OH which had GN Pro Stocks and Minis and a couple R2 classes, but after 2018 they dropped the GN classes and now they have a antique/farm stock pull and a garden tractor pull.

Re: No NTPA Pulls Anywhere Tonight August 14, 2021 11:00AM
Nice turnout of iron in Napoleon except in the DSS class. Breakage and priorities other than GN I guess.

Re: No NTPA Pulls Anywhere Tonight August 15, 2021 12:03AM
Greg k
Nice turnout of iron in Napoleon except in the DSS class. Breakage and priorities other than GN I guess.

7 DSS, only 4 were precommitted. Thanks to the 3 non-GN tractors to help fill the class.

Yet another data point for discontinuing the diesel SS class and going, as Jake has said, back to the original (combined) SS class.

Re: No NTPA Pulls Anywhere Tonight August 15, 2021 01:06AM
DSS deserves to be combined with the open ss. Promoters booked upteen DSS hooks and then the pullers didnt support the events. Pretty sad and the class deserves whatever happens.

Re: No NTPA Pulls Anywhere Tonight August 15, 2021 02:21AM
I think if the purses were more up to par then maybe you would see a better following, even if some are pre-committed and didn't show. Also when there is just one hook for the weekend and nothing to pair with it, it isn't too attractive for anyone to drive across the country and I'm sure some are waiting on parts. I would bet next weekend will have a better turnout.

Re: No NTPA Pulls Anywhere Tonight August 15, 2021 05:42AM
The diesel ss has one of the highest payouts in the ntpa and pullers knew that this single session pull was on the schedule so some just decided to not go. No good for a promoter that books the class.

Re: No NTPA Pulls Anywhere Tonight August 15, 2021 10:36AM
So they get a bigger pile of peanuts, wow. Still doesn't make it appealing for most to drive for one hook ( probably a NTPA issue more than anything ) and at some point in time you have to do what makes more sense. I guess i'm just happy we have pulling going on and not a repeat of last year. I'm sure everyone that pre-comitted would have loved to be there and if anything kept you happy.

Re: No NTPA Pulls Anywhere Tonight August 16, 2021 03:05AM
"Still doesn't make it appealing for most to drive for one hook"

So.....a person who signs up for pre-comit GN classes is now expecting every promoter to give them two or more hooks every where they go? Wow.....that's pretty poor. I would think that these individuals, many of whom have signed pre-comit GN many times before, would fully know what they are in for when they submitted.

I think maybe your reasoning is a bit out of line.

Re: No NTPA Pulls Anywhere Tonight August 16, 2021 03:42AM
what's the problem

So.....a person who signs up for pre-comit GN classes is now expecting every promoter to give them two or more hooks every where they go? Wow.....that's pretty poor. I would think that these individuals, many of whom have signed pre-comit GN many times before, would fully know what they are in for when they submitted.

One other option NTPA could do is only sanction events that are ar least 2 hooks, or 2 separate pulls on consecutive nights within a reasonable distance (Mt Sterling and Salem, IL for example).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2021 03:43AM by The Original Michael.

Re: No NTPA Pulls Anywhere Tonight August 16, 2021 04:35AM
The Original Michael

One other option NTPA could do is only sanction events that are ar least 2 hooks, or 2 separate pulls on consecutive nights within a reasonable distance (Mt Sterling and Salem, IL for example).

This! The money isn't great but in some cases you have to drive 13 hours for a single hook. I think every competitor would like two day hooks or single day hooks that are reasonable distance. Even Salem and Mt. Sterling are 3+ hours and 200 miles apart but reasonable and understand you can't have two GN hooks within 30 minutes of each other.

Re: No NTPA Pulls Anywhere Tonight August 16, 2021 06:01AM
I’m thinking it’s probably best to not figure a class with usual breakage problems (such as DSS) for one day AND a few days before BG. It’s a risk to make a points hook and risk breakage right before the crown jewel of pulling. Not that other classes wouldn’t have the same problem or issue, but DSS are pretty hard on parts. I’d thought it better to have a class that might not have near that risk. One day hooks are a problem as is.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,753, Posts: 229,905, Members: 3,335.
This forum: Topics: 37,091, Posts: 226,007.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM