Diesel fuel August 16, 2021 12:53PM
Had a question on fuel

Is salenbien bio fuel for ppl good fuel for pulling .
Just wondering if it's hard on pumps and injectors
I used scheid diesel cetane boost in in the gallon can in the past .
Just wondering if the bio fuel is worth it and if it's hard on pumps

Re: Diesel fuel August 16, 2021 02:20PM
I didn't know if it would harm rubber hydraulic hoses also instantly

Re: Diesel fuel August 16, 2021 03:42PM
Yes bio will destroy rubber! It will permeate through the rubber hoses and drip all over everything also will curl your paint and eat rubber orings and seals in your pump. Very messy fuel to say the least.

Re: Diesel fuel August 18, 2021 10:44AM
Ok
I drained it..I tried and found that the bio smoked alot more and I seemed to loose lower rpm power
Went undercharger .. before I knew it
I may have gained top end ..hard to tell
But I have hydraulic hose for lines ..so I drained it
It was only in since Saturday drained it Tuesday

Re: Diesel fuel August 19, 2021 04:28AM
I was approached by a Bio Diesel supplier to run 100% bio in my 500hp IH 414 1066. On the plus side= The exhaust smelled like french fries. And it cleaned the junk out of the fuel system On the minus side my tractor was down on HP and torque enough to notice it from the stands, It cleaned the junk out of the tank and plugged the fuel filters and injectors. After the off season I has a severe algae growth in the fuel system, cleaning the system involved removing the fuel tank and steam cleaning it, Dissasembly of the fuel pump and manual cleaning of the internals, Installing new injectors. I suffered issues for more than a year after this debacle. I treated the dyno fuel with a algaecide with high sulfer and finally cured the issue.

Re: Diesel fuel August 19, 2021 05:02AM
We run Bio in a tractor and we gained hp with it from farm fuel. It can make a mess just need to be diligent with cleaning it. We winterize the tractor after the last pull. We just drain the system then fill the tank with red fuel and run the tractor to remove the remaining bio from the system. We have had no issues with it.

Re: Diesel fuel August 19, 2021 09:08AM
Did you run rubber lines ?

Im just wondering if it deteriorates rubber if run over time , or if it imidiately attacks the rubber
I'd be willing to try it for rest of the season , but don't want to send rubber from hoses through my pump and injectors .
I also have an electric pump

Re: Diesel fuel August 19, 2021 09:20AM
I quit run bio diesel years ago, Hard starting even with cetane added and too mess.

Re: Diesel fuel August 20, 2021 02:44AM
Yes we run rubber aeroquip lines on the tractor

Re: Diesel fuel August 20, 2021 04:17AM
We run a bio diesel in our to hot to farm tractor. Our supplier is colberg hi performance. We are running his Max throttle. Found a significant HP gain over farm fuel.

Re: Diesel fuel August 20, 2021 06:08AM
I tried bio-power from Salenbien and lost low end torque… can’t say if I gained top end HP though. A little disappointed but should’ve known since bio diesel BTU is lower than petrol diesel

Re: Diesel fuel August 21, 2021 02:51AM
IHRED
I tried bio-power from Salenbien and lost low end torque… can’t say if I gained top end HP though. A little disappointed but should’ve known since bio diesel BTU is lower than petrol diesel

I don’t know why so many overlook the lower energy level of bio, it doesn’t make sense to me to start with a less energy dense fuel and then treat it to gain performance when the same treatment can be applied to normal fuel.

I am really surprised by the lack of people that run the VP fuel but don’t speak about it.

I know some pickup guys that all switched from bio to VP and picked up power in an air limited class just by changing fuel.

Re: Diesel fuel August 22, 2021 04:33AM
I've run vp for years. Might be a little less power than the 40 dollar a gallon bio but no problems with injectors pumps or lines. And it doesn't gel in the winter if you do any indoor pulling

Re: Diesel fuel August 22, 2021 12:01PM
SmokinCAT
I don’t know why so many overlook the lower energy level of bio, it doesn’t make sense to me to start with a less energy dense fuel and then treat it to gain performance when the same treatment can be applied to normal fuel.

I'm no fuel expert by any means but Nitromethane has a lower specific energy than Gasoline... but there's no comparison in the power you can make with Nirtomethane. Specific energy is only one part of the equation. Oxygen content, flame speed/combustion velocity, air fuel ratio which is important in air limited classes. Some "diesel" fuels or blends may have certain advantages even if they have lower specific energy.

Again, I'm no expert but more heat doesn't always mean more power.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Diesel fuel August 20, 2021 06:52AM
Jake Koch
We run a bio diesel in our to hot to farm tractor. Our supplier is colberg hi performance. We are running his Max throttle. Found a significant HP gain over farm fuel.

I believe Mark’s fuel is made from corn oil and not soy. The corn is far superior to the bean juice

Re: Diesel fuel August 21, 2021 01:46PM
I've watch some...I could tell 70% of the tractors were running the bio..it smelled the exact same as mine when tried it .
I think..i don't know this but I was way to rich on fuel ..they looked leaned out light light gray brown.
I kept the same setting .
I guess the only way is to Dyno ..and I'll know .
Probably will get the answer I'm looking for ..for a 1000 or 2

Re: Diesel fuel August 22, 2021 09:55AM
Bio fuel, I'm not sure what you are talking about with your latest semi sarcastic post? Why do you think it will out you a thousand or 2? The answers are all listed for free above! Smh!!!

Re: Diesel fuel August 22, 2021 11:44AM
I wasn't being sarcastic..
I did get the answers ..on the rubber hoses .
It doesn't like rubber if it's left in over time .

Power wise..there isn't a clear cut answer
So before I buy any more at that tune of
20-40$ per gallon ..plus shipping .
It will be well worth the $$$ for me to go to the Dyno and find out if it's worth it .
I guess we can all make our assumption on what's worth it
I think your confusing yourself
That's all..no pun

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,704, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro