Bg Services for fans with limited mobility August 17, 2021 03:11AM
Well last night had a fall on the farm and broke my ankle in two places otherwise I am unhurt and still wanted to attend BG are there any services that help fans get from gate to grandstands I am on crutches and cans go short distances but think that might be pushing it trying to decide if I can go or not

Re: Bg Services for fans with limited mobility August 17, 2021 10:29AM
They did have golf carts at the gate that would take you to where you needed to go and get dropped off at. It was several years ago when my used that method. They’re were always nice.

Re: Bg Services for fans with limited mobility August 17, 2021 10:35AM
Between the BG staff and the pullers onsite with support vehicles, I'm pretty sure you will have no problem getting to your seat.

Re: Bg Services for fans with limited mobility August 17, 2021 11:20AM
Thanks for the info just a boneheaded move later kicked out on me and down I went the ground broke my fall lol

Re: Bg Services for fans with limited mobility August 17, 2021 01:02PM
Took my 80yr dad with bad legs, walks across road thur gate, sits on bench, blue shirts pick him up, gave tour of pits, talked farming with driver, dropped off at grandstands,,asked him, when he needed picked up after pulls,,back to gate. would not take a tip, donate to make a wish . execllent dad enjoyed

Re: Bg Services for fans with limited mobility August 18, 2021 02:05AM
Back in 2016, I got hung up trying to get a t-shirt from a puller behind the northside stands, my buddies didn't want to wait and took the ranger back to the camper on the opposite end of the campgrounds.

Mind you, I've been in a wheelchair for 15 years now. I wheeled myself at 1am back to the camper through everything the campground is known for at 1am on Saturday night of BG.

So that was fun. Just thought I'd share my experience.

---

Re: Bg Services for fans with limited mobility August 19, 2021 01:11AM
Ryan, I would investigate getting some new friends, they left a Guy in a wheelchair? WTH!

BB

Re: Bg Services for fans with limited mobility August 19, 2021 05:08AM
Stormy
Ryan, I would investigate getting some new friends, they left a Guy in a wheelchair? WTH!

BB

It makes for some good stories though! I wasn't mad about it. It was probably good to sweat out some of beer from that night..

---

Re: Bg Services for fans with limited mobility August 19, 2021 01:55AM
Bob that's exactly what i was thinking,they were pretty self centered sounds like to me, geez !!!!

Re: Bg Services for fans with limited mobility August 19, 2021 02:13AM
RYAN68
Back in 2016, I got hung up trying to get a t-shirt from a puller behind the northside stands, my buddies didn't want to wait and took the ranger back to the camper on the opposite end of the campgrounds.

Mind you, I've been in a wheelchair for 15 years now. I wheeled myself at 1am back to the camper through everything the campground is known for at 1am on Saturday night of BG.

So that was fun. Just thought I'd share my experience.

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,704, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro