Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 04:43AM
What do you all consider to be the biggest storyline from Bowling Green?

For me, it has to be Patrick Gentry piloting the Masterson’s River Rat to a first and third-place finish, and taking home the coveted ring. The first two times he has ever pulled a tractor and to have those results? Wow!

A close second has to be Abbey Leischner sweeping the Mini class to collect the $10,000, as well as the ring.

So, what was the biggest takeaway for you?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 04:48AM
Having trouble seeing results on NTPA site, glitch in the matrix or problem on my end?

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 05:12AM
Just me?
Having trouble seeing results on NTPA site, glitch in the matrix or problem on my end?

I am, as well. But I have seen people post screenshots from the website. Have you tried clearing out your cookies/browser and trying it?

John Murray

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 05:14AM
[ntpapull.com]

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 05:42AM
lutefisk and lefsa
[ntpapull.com]

Thank you for that!

John Murray

Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 12:50PM
I will list several. I was there. Watched every pass in person... Choose to comment on your own..

1. Safety:
- Mini came unhooked from sled after a rough run. Sled hook needs attention. Not the first time at BG and not the first time this season...
- I believe Boyds shredded a transmission in their mini and not 100% sure it was 100% contained
2. Pullers:
- Patrick Gentry winning the ring in the PS class. Incredible story. Hats off to Masterson's sense of team to allow him to do this. Brought tears to many eyes.
- The Ross team tried to win the ring in both DSS and OSS but suffered what I believe to be catastrophic engine failure on the 2nd pass. Great thought, tho...
- Knapp's 2 passes with the Unlimited on Friday night were picture perfect. period.
- Kristie Secrest winning 2WD on Saturday afternoon waiting out alot of good 2wd trucks and multi truck teams....
- Great passes on the mini by Abbey Leischner.. How does $10k USD convert to Euros??? Smiling
3. The Show:
- The fans suffered due to what happened with the Open Supers and the lack of a pulloff on Saturday. Even though the one tractor didn't want to start, the others could of run... I choose to leave the story line out...
- Total lack of excitement for the semis any more.............
- I will refrain from commenting on the announcers. They have a tough job and have alot of info to convey. Some of it is not 100% correct but they try..
4. Misc:
- Nobody trying to fill the shoes of the late Larry Koester for MAke-a Wish.-..
- It was very hot for all the sessions....

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 02:11PM
The other A&D tractors could have run, but running three times in a short period of time is not good on parts. Especially since there wasn't much time as they both hooked for the second time third to last and last in the class.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 02:57PM
Lets no forget in 1979 a young kid coming to BG and winning the ss class 42 years later ( and many national titles) that same guy in 2021 gets a 2nd place on Friday night, wins the Saturday afternoon class on a MONSTER PASS along with the championship ring and for the most locked up another GN title. If you know the man and who he has helped throughout his career then you might understand his place in history and and what he did this weekend. You want " storylines"from BG? I' Give you Bret Berg a bona fid legend that rewrites history everyday!!!

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 05:18PM
Agree on Bret! All 3 of his passes were really good. Sat afternoon was a perfect pass! One of the Unlimited drivers upon seeing how bad the track was Thursday night asked Bret to drive his tractor feeling Bret would get it down the track better than him! Didn't happen obviously.

Also, on a different note, I liked what Larry Richwine had to say about the national anthem with tractor pulling verses the nfl!!!

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 25, 2021 12:00PM
I would have loved to hear what Richwine had to say........LOL
I wasn't there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2021 12:01PM by JDpowershift.

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 25, 2021 12:50PM
Larry said something on the order of “This isn’t the NFL and nobody was sitting down” in reference to the singing of the national anthems.

A few years ago I was on a bathroom run when the anthems were sung. Everyone in the vendor area stopped and paid honor. The one that really caught my eye was some little guy maybe 6 years old who was carrying 4 bags of popcorn. He set them on the ground, took off his hat, and stood at attention until the songs were done. I wish I would have followed him to his seat and told his parents.

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 24, 2021 12:33PM
My biggest surprise was watching the A and D V8s make 4 passes before figuring out the weight setup!

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 25, 2021 02:57AM
You mean drawbar setup? As they don't have the weight to move on the V8's like the do the 6 cylinders. Plus it didn't take 4 passes for them to figure it out.

Brent Yaron

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 25, 2021 05:09AM
First two hooks on Saturday looked very beatable

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 05:40AM
I believe the biggest story is GALOT winning the ring after A&D didn’t come back for the pulloff and just had to bump the sled to win… also the A&D 6 cylinder tractor was hitting on all cylinders and ran great!

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 02:09PM
Motor was hot and wouldn't start. Starter started smoking and that's why they couldn't bump the sled.

Brent Yaron

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 02:32PM
So the other 2 wouldn't start either?

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 02:48PM
Like Brent already said... both V-8 already made two complete passes and were hot. Putting a third run on them in such a short amount of time isn't always the best idea.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 25, 2021 12:37PM
Edson Lehn gets 2nd and 3rd at Wisner for the best over all DSS of the weekend.

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 06:58AM
How bad the track was Thursday night and all the equipment it tore up, to how good it was rest of the week! The tracks and sled settings were perfect Saturday night!

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 07:03AM
Is there a list of the ring winners?

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 08:26AM
Not sure if this are story lines or not, but heres my list
-It was great to catch up with all my ‘seat friends’ on the northside
-The blue shirts did a great job. I was only there on Fri. & Sat.
-The weather was better then I expected. Tad warm, but better then rain
-There were fewer super farms then years previous but more entries in other classes
-The only ‘hmm moment’ was last nights pro stocks…(2) green tractors broke and being they’re diesel powered, the flames seem to last longer and burn brighter then usual
All in all, it was a great weekend

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 11:44AM
I'll second Patrick Gentry piloting the Masterson’s River Rat and winning the ring, it was an awesome storyline.

Here are some other notable storylines:
  • Abbey Leischner's domination of the Mini class, two picture perfect runs with an absolutely perfect setup.
  • The absolute dominance by Josh Blackbourn on Armed & Dangerous HD was impressive as well. He may not have won Session 4 because of a broken starter but his pass to make the pulloff was one of the most impressive runs of the weekend. That tractor is just in a class of it's own right now.
  • A triple almost winning the Unlimited Mod class. When all the dust settled we had a triple in 2nd and 4th. Congrats to Bollinger and Corzine.

I completely agree with TWaite, catching up with people you sit near every year was great. There are a number of blue shirts that I only see once an year and it was great to see them and catch up on everything in life.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 22, 2021 02:55PM
10 positives, and 5 areas of growth as we say in the business world.

1. That so many people attended. The event itself was the big story.
After that, no particular order:
2. Abby L. winning $10k.
3. As others mentioned, Gentry in PS.
4. Performance of Blackbourn engines (I may include Gansemer, Spiedelberg, and the On The Edge LSS).
5. Corzine's performance in mod and unlimited, and Bollinger in Light unlimited and unlimited. The overall performance of screw blowers.
6. Involvement of PRI.
7. If people were given lineup sheets and asked to pick winners, not many would have chosen Ralph Hunt or Fred Sanders. It's great upsets still happen. Also, I don't know if David Richardson's unlimited win was an upset and I was happy he won, but I would have put money on severalother names if I were betting before the class.
8. After so much economic turmoil, Make a Wish still raised over $100k.
9. Lots of broken iron, from Timothy Rea to Colin Ross to Adam Bauer and numerous others. Some pullers will have hefty repair bills.
10. Virginia dominated the FWD class on Saturday.

Here are 5 things we can call opportunities for growth. 4 of the 5 are NTPA-specific things to improve the show:

1. We do this Every. Single. Year. It's a tractor pull, not a drag race. At no time should 2 vehicles ever pull at the same time. There are solutions that could be done, they've been suggested before.
2. I would have left the sled alone in Saturday's unlimited and let them run. I don't think it's a given that more than 5 or 6 would have made full pulls, since Corzine did not FP and wound up 4th after reset. Purser did FP but didn't come back after the reset.
3. Not sure if Denver or Steve, but one of them announced the wrong driver a lot, blaming it on looking at the wrong line on the sheet. Dan or Miles would tactfully inform the crowd who the correct puller was.
4. Thurs- run Light Un first and heavy last, instead of both at same time. Bollinger possibly got screwed out of a ring. He entered both classes but had to scratch heavy unlimited since they ran at the same time and he couldn't add the 3td engine.
5. Sat afternoon- Ran SSO, LSS, then SF. Why not run SF between the 2 alcohol SS classes? Wasn't that the order originally posted on the entry trailer?

All in all, a wonderful event. Kudos to Blue Shirts, NTPA, and pullers for making it happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2021 03:01PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 23, 2021 12:39AM
Abbey Leischner definitely had the most dominant weekend! But for Patrick Gentry to make his first two passes at BG and win a ring may be the biggest storyline.

The biggest storyline though may be that all of us in attendance were just extremely happy to have been there watching a top notch pull this year! You don't realize how much pulling means to you until you have a summer without it

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 25, 2021 05:50AM
Could not agree more! I told each blue shirt this year how much I missed them, lol! I personally spent a little more than I should on vending just because I wanted to my part to show them thanks for recognizing NTPC and hope EVERYONE is back next year!

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 23, 2021 03:45PM
The girl singing the national anthems did a hell of a job.

Re: Biggest Storyline from Bowling Green? August 25, 2021 12:59PM
Bring back Greg Whitacre as the main announcer. His excitement and knowledge is very professional. Ditch Denver. Congrats to Fred Sanders on his performance in the super semi division.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,669, Posts: 229,759, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,075, Posts: 225,935.

Our newest member JD_8520