Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. August 26, 2021 11:30AM
I am currently the main promoter for a small town pull in central IL. This pull is mainly made up of local classes and CITP/UPA CLASSES. This next year (2022) the neighboring village has called upon me to provide them a “Bigger Show”. That being said I’ve reached out to a few associations for pricing on classes and sanctioning fees. I want the hear fro you my fellow pullers if you had a small town budget what classes/associations would you want to book? This will be a brand new 400’+ clay based track with ample pit parking and spectator parking.

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. August 26, 2021 12:07PM
Illiana pullers association (IPA) puts on a great show. Outlaw Farmstock Na prostock 4x4 trucks and mini rods bring good numbers to each class usually 10+ per class. Very reasonable priced compared to some other organizations.

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. August 26, 2021 01:22PM
You need to talk to Aaron Down. He was the promotor at Wyoming, Illinois for several years. Kind of did the same thing that you are talking about doing.

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. August 26, 2021 01:42PM
What's your 20 driver? It all kind of depends on what kind of classes you want. ITPA will get you the "bigger show" LSS, MODS, PROS, 2WD. Ipa will get you more of local type show with the classes the other guy said. ITPA pullers will generally travel longer distances. It will not be cheap. I don't know anything about UPA, CITPA or ISP.

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. August 26, 2021 02:45PM
So the original poster is same one that is promoting the Delavan pull. His user name is same email for this post and that pull. So where is your pull at delavan or different location. Itpa is high priced and might only get a few per class ss

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. August 26, 2021 02:51PM
This pull will be located in Green Valley Illinois right on route 29 10 mins south of PEKIN and about 10 mins north of 136. We are just wanting a good “mix” itpa I know is pricey the thing about spending that much on a class we want to know that pullers would come hook at our event. The date will be August 27th 2022. We definitely want to still have your normal local classes such as work stock pickups and farm stock tractors, but would love to have some modified tractors, llss, 2wd trucks etc. The proceeds from the event will all go to the fire department and village parks.

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. August 26, 2021 03:07PM
Smalltime puller/promoter
This pull will be located in Green Valley Illinois right on route 29 10 mins south of PEKIN and about 10 mins north of 136. We are just wanting a good “mix” itpa I know is pricey the thing about spending that much on a class we want to know that pullers would come hook at our event. The date will be August 27th 2022. We definitely want to still have your normal local classes such as work stock pickups and farm stock tractors, but would love to have some modified tractors, llss, 2wd trucks etc. The proceeds from the event will all go to the fire department and village parks.

You are welcome to come to my place anytime since I am not that far south of Green Valley, Illinois. I am a LSS puller not a llss puller. And even though the class that I pull in with ISP and ITPA might not be at your event, I would still be willing to help you get things organized for what you want at this pull.

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. August 27, 2021 01:26AM
You may look at ppl silver series. I have been told by many people that the prices are competitive to itpa and they put on a fast show and good numbers. Just what I have been told over the years. Regardless we run an 4.1 with itpa and ppl silver series. Would love some support your guys! Good luck

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. August 26, 2021 02:57PM
If the village is what i'm guess it is then it's probably an Ag of the Past pull. Which is fine, they have thier place. That would be a local pull for me. If that is the case what I would suggest until you get things figured out I would run it as a brush pull along the lines of what Weldon Il has been doing or what Deland/Farmer City pull has been doing. More open classes. Do the stock class the non cut class and the 4mph class but also do the open classes. I would love to pull Ag of the Past but they have no open class.

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. August 26, 2021 03:25PM
The antiques/ Ag of the past will be on Sunday the bigger show will be held on Saturday.

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. August 27, 2021 12:28AM
To the original poster- I am on the board of directors with ISP (Illini State Pullers), and we would potentially be interested in a pull in Green Valley. That is toward the southern end of the area we cover, but we do have some other events not far from there, like the HOI Fair in Peoria, and the Small Town Tractor Pull in Laura. One thing we offer, that is often a perk for events like yours is, unlike some other sanctioned pulling associations in the region, we will handle your stock classes. Meaning they can be covered on our insurance, use same flagmen, same everything as our sanctioned classes. We also offer a pretty wide variety of tractor and truck classes, so depending on what you think your crowd would like, and what your budget is, we should be able to put together a show that suits your needs.

You could contact our president Mike Sauter at 815-617-9375 or ISPpresident16@gmail.com if you'd like to discuss further. Our website is www.illinistatepullers.com

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. August 27, 2021 04:07AM
Thank you Ian. Yes please give me a call when ever and we can talk in more detail about the show you are after.
Mike Sauter
815 617-9375
Thanks

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. August 27, 2021 09:20AM
Thank you all for the help I hope to be able to put on one heck of a show for the first year and continue to grow this pull. The group of folks I have are extremely excited to put on a top notch pull in central Illinois. To answer the above person yes I currently do promote the Delavan Pull on Labor Day weekend. Sadly the track isn’t long enough or wide enough to grow the show much bigger than it is now. Any pro farm guys or farm stock guys who don’t have a hook next Sunday I would encourage you to come help support our small towns pull. I will be posting the class payouts on our Facebook page soon.

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. August 31, 2021 11:08AM
To original poster, if you don't mind me asking, where in Central IL would this be?
Depending on what you want to spend and how many classes you want I think ITPA puts on the best "show".
I am biased, I pull with them. I would think with 2 mid level classes and 2 premium classes would be a good start.
6850 PF, 9500 PF, 8500 LmPro, and 9500 Lim pro be an excellent show.....again depends on what your budget is. 6000 supers be great also....2wd trucks....

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. August 31, 2021 02:31PM
G705
To original poster, if you don't mind me asking, where in Central IL would this be?
Depending on what you want to spend and how many classes you want I think ITPA puts on the best "show".
I am biased, I pull with them. I would think with 2 mid level classes and 2 premium classes would be a good start.
6850 PF, 9500 PF, 8500 LmPro, and 9500 Lim pro be an excellent show.....again depends on what your budget is. 6000 supers be great also....2wd trucks....

I pull with ITPA also. AND I also pull with ISP so I am biased too. The pull that the original poster is talking about having is in Green Valley, Illinois and that is about 25 miles north of where we live in Lincoln,Illinois. And like you said, it depends on what the budget is. That date of the pull will be a big thing with both ITPA and ISP depending on the classes that you have mentioned.

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. September 02, 2021 03:44AM
I recently attended an ITPA event which was fine and an IPA event that the show was alright. But other things that took place, especially pullers being DQed for being over the rpm limit, who constantly kept on arguing with the the 2 final track officials (trackside during the pull and at times holding up getting the next puller off the line), along with other stuff, sure left me with a negative aspect about IPA.

The clear winner here in this thread, are the 2 professional response from Illini State Pullers (ISP). And the offer Ian made sounds like an easy decision to make who to choose.

Re: Best Illinois pulling association for the buck. September 20, 2021 02:40PM
Ok just to give folks an update the date will be August 20th 2022 for trucks and tractors. August 21st (Sunday) will be stock and open antique tractors. The name of the pull is “The Field of Dreams Truck and Tractor Pull”. I’ve talked to a couple of folks on what classes to book it’s going to come down to our budget.The goal is to build a nice facility that’s easy to get in and out of and has a large track and good pulling surface. I know there are some other pulls that day but we are talking about making it 2 sessions on Saturday so we can run classes either early or late for guys to be able to make 2 hooks that day. We also moved the date up a week because of schieds and the pull at Laura. If you have any comments questions or recommendations feel free to email me or call/text me 309 620 1679.

Thanks - Chris Schertz

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,620, Posts: 229,678, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,065, Posts: 225,893.

Our newest member JD_8520