Hootman wins LSS championship August 27, 2021 03:06PM
Jason Hootman wins the NTPA LSS championship. He and Rex Kuhn had a great season with the Ford Commander.

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship August 27, 2021 08:47PM
I HOPE THEY DONE THAT WITH A FORD MOTOR AND NOT SOME TRANSGENDER CROSS DRESSED POWERPLANT !!! JUS SAYN

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship August 28, 2021 12:36AM
Both Jason and Mark along with Cory Forrester run a Ford engine.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship August 28, 2021 12:51AM
[ntpapull.com]

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship August 28, 2021 03:36AM
Even cooler was he had to win the last hook to end up with a tie in the points. The tiebreaker being most first place finishes, also a tie. But he won the 2nd tiebreaker with more 2nd place finishes. Congrats to the Commander team! It is fun to see something besides an IH Blackburn win. Much respect

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship August 28, 2021 05:50AM
LSS Fan
Even cooler was he had to win the last hook to end up with a tie in the points. The tiebreaker being most first place finishes, also a tie. But he won the 2nd tiebreaker with more 2nd place finishes.

That's pretty awesome!

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship August 28, 2021 03:51AM
Congratulations
Well deserved
I may be a Massey man but I think I’d have to put that tractor on top of the list

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship August 28, 2021 06:46AM
Agree, I like to see other colors win too !
It's not really a Case, Ford, Deere, IH or whatever out there on the track to me, anyway. Has no bearing on whether the original model was really that great of an "actual farm tractor".
I like my Deere's, but it gets boring if that's all that won. IH wins a LOT in high performance pulling, but I don't think much of them as a stock machine.
Sorry.....I just had to make that jab ! LOL Smiling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2021 07:02AM by JDpowershift.

!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2021 07:03AM by JDpowershift.

Hootman has been right there many times and it’s awesome to see he finally got a championship! Much deserved and was fun to watch this class all summer long!

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship August 30, 2021 03:02AM
Was it a stock block or a billet block with a cam relocation? more like the IH location

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship August 30, 2021 04:51AM
Billet block with all Ford dimensions.

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship August 30, 2021 12:03PM
That's nice to hear.

Wasn't there a couple of Ford LSS owners/builders who said several years ago they needed an IH engine or to be able to relocate the cam with a reconfigured Ford block so they could be competitive?

It would be interesting if Hootman has proved that theory wrong........

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship August 30, 2021 12:09PM
I don’t remember the cam location discussion, I just remember them wanting billet blocks, which they got. Do not believe they are allowed in PPL though, correct if wrong.

Prolly a separate discussion, but I wish they would reopen the door to V8s in the LSS.

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship August 30, 2021 01:40PM
Congrats to Rex and Jason, great to see them both finally accomplish this. It's hard to imagine a points race being much tighter. It's also kind of odd that the Detonator Red tractor was the nail in the coffin for the Detonator Black, that's a tough way to lose for the Detonator Team.

As for the "Ford" billet block in Hooter's Scooter, The Commander, and Cory Forrester's Airborne, it fits all stock ford parts, from timing gears to crank.

Some of the Ford guys do run IH blocks: Mark Filiatreau Burning Daylight, Mike Wilhite Blue Blazes and Bryan Bowles Alter Ego all run IH DT466 blocks.

Last I knew Kevin Lynn is still running 474 Ford Truck block and I believe that's what still in the Bomb and Bull Rush.

It's a little odd to me that PPL lets guys switch sheetmetal, they can run aftermarket cast blocks, but the billet "Ford" block isn't legal yet on the Champions Tour.

As for V-8's in LSS... if it came in a 2wd farm tractor it should be legal... Perkins, Cat, and the IH DV550 should all be allowed in the LSS class if they decube to 505. Just my $.02

Again, congrats to Jason and Rex, they've supported the class for a while and they did a great job teaming up for the first year.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship August 31, 2021 03:01AM
why would they need to build a billet block?
if everything is in the same location that just sounds like a waste of money. The ford blocks are pretty tough. The IH have been splitting them for some time now

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship August 31, 2021 03:40AM
There are after market blocks for green and red... I believe there are some Case aftermarket blocks out there (in fact the red guys have tons of aftermarket choices). The Ford guys wanted them for the same reason every other color wanted them... durability. The Ford guys were cracking blocks pretty darn often. Mike Wilhite could have a highlight reel all his own! I haven't been to Mark Hootman's shop lately but there used to be piles of cracked Ford blocks behind the shop. Some guys decided to invest in the red blocks in a Ford/New Holland and some guys decided that it was a better investment to re-use all their existing Ford parts and put them in a better block. To each his own.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship August 31, 2021 03:44AM
Have you ever seen a Ford block after it's been bored for sleeves on a 4-5/8" bore? There's nothing left.

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: Hootman wins LSS championship September 02, 2021 04:33PM
Congrats on the win Hootmans. To all you purist talking about Ford and IH blocks there is nothing about a Ford or ih in LSS that is brand identifying other than the hoods and most of them are not even factory. These tractors are basically Mods with replicated factory appearing hoods. It's a great class because it evolves with the times. LLSS is where the stock block discussion needs to stay. What year did a Oliver 1650 or a cockshuck have a 5.9 Cummins?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,624, Posts: 229,684, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,897.

Our newest member JD_8520