LLSS in Louisville? August 26, 2009 04:32AM
could we see LLSS tractors in Louisville in the next ten year?

Re: LLSS in Louisville? August 26, 2009 07:27AM
I don't know, but I sure hope so. Hopefully sooner. I know lot's of people who LOVE this class.

Re: LLSS in Louisville? August 27, 2009 12:06AM
fast growing class

Re: LLSS in Louisville? August 27, 2009 01:59AM
ORVTPA has over 30 members not including TN tractors and Badger State tractors which are scared of spark plugs. The talk is Mid-South might pick the class up next year.

Re: LLSS in Louisville? August 27, 2009 02:22AM
Badger scared of alky's?Doesn't look that way in Gordyville.First of all this class originated in Ill. and then went into Badger.It's always been diesel only.There aren't any classes out there that have made both diesel and alky compete together so why should they screw it up!Numbers aren't an issue.As I looked it up it doesn't matter how many members you have it's how many make the track.Looks to me ORV and Badger have averaged about the same.Also if alky isn't dominant I would think your top running diesel Travis Gordon would have a win by now!So you wanna tell me Badger and other clubs are scared?Doubt that.I do believe if Badger allowed alky there would be a few of them that have been around a while that wouldn't be scared of anyone.I for one like alkys to but don't be cutting clubs down and saying their scared!Looks to me by Gordyville they have nothing to be scared about!

Re: LLSS in Louisville? August 27, 2009 04:08AM
currently 4 of the top 6 tractors in orvtpa are diesel. Diesels have won pulls this year, and although mr gordon hasnt won a pull all year he is always right there within a few feet....you tell me how that doesnt make alky and diesel competitive.

Re: LLSS in Louisville? August 27, 2009 04:12AM
what about cloverdale? FAN OF BOTH on a 300 ft. track

Re: LLSS in Louisville? August 27, 2009 04:22AM
Somethink you need to think about is, Bluegrass avr. about 12 tractors. Where ORV. get 13 tractors a night. Thats around 25 tractor pulling on the same night.

Re: LLSS in Louisville? August 27, 2009 04:46AM
It seems from what I've seen of the class that the LLSS class is a great regional "feeder" class for the LSS. If the LSS class (as awesome as it is) can't get back into Louisville (although that maybe changing) how could anybody expect the LLSS to get in?

Re: LLSS in Louisville? August 27, 2009 02:50PM
Intercoolers for 410 cubes ,So what about the 301 users , anything for them

Re: LLSS in Louisville? August 27, 2009 12:50PM
I pull llss in ky and think it would be a smart move for orv or bob to let 3x4 410- cid deisel's with intercoolers run at 6000 ibs with the rest us. It will lett alot more color,make and model tractors in and its pretty easy to police , Not like theres much policing going on any way. now lets see whos scared of who and post your opinion kyllssers

Re: LLSS in Louisville? August 27, 2009 03:03PM
Well i aint skeered . so if a 410 on diesel with a intercooler , how about giving me and the rest of the small CI motors a MAP enhanced charger or maybe a intercooler also ?

Re: LLSS in Louisville? August 27, 2009 09:55PM
Wouldn't count on it. Hell they were griping over Ted and Tony's wet rag on the 4 banger. Said it was cosidered an intercooler. I do agree though. The 312 and unders should be allowed a little something extra when you're running against decubed 466s!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2009 09:57PM by llssmoline.

Re: fan of both August 27, 2009 10:02PM
It might have originated in IL & moved to Badger, but IT WAS PERFECTED IN KY. The reason ORVTPA numbers aren't always that high is because BOB pulls pay more to win. There are pullers who come from other clubs just to have the chance to pull with the best LLSS tractors in America. Yes there are a few exceptions out there like Mark Hawthorne, but he has been working on perfecting those Deutz tractors for 20+ years. And as I seem to recall there was The Mighty White that got cheated out of his run at Gordyville! Yes, Travis hasn't won this year but is still very competitive as are Red Rush and several other diesels. That is what makes ORVTPA & BOB so great is the competition between the alky and diesel and there is not any bitterness over what fuel you choose to run between the pullers like there was in the NTPA. And for the guy that said running 410s with intercoolers would bring more color to the class, what have you been smokin? What color tractor can't make a 370 or 470 cid motor?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2009 10:34PM by llssmoline.

Re: fan of both August 28, 2009 01:43AM
Thanks for the compliment but that should go to papa Larry.I'm just lucky to be able to fallow in his footsteps over the years and be able to learn from one of the best when it comes to mechanics and driving.Next year will be his 50th in the sport with not a year off.There is a guy that truely has a passion for the sport!And yes we are very proud of making a Deutz competitive.Now if the oil pumps would hold up it might stay together!And I don't care what form of LLSS or a LSS there are.They are all awesome!

Re: fan of both August 28, 2009 03:27AM
Hey Mark just wondering if you are still running the stock pump and if you are have you ever considered going to an aftermarket belt driven pump. We have one on are Deutz that we are building. Or is it legal in Badger State.

Re: fan of both August 28, 2009 03:35AM
We went to the belt driven one this year.3 runs and it locks up.We even run the screens.Anything that gets past the screen is supposed to go through the pump.I won't mention company because they are trying to figure it out but most people run these.We actually put the stock one back on to get us by.Some oil pressure is better then done!The stock pump isn't bad with the relief valve shimed up but we have seen the higher volume pump works alot better.Sure can't complain about the factory pump.20 years and no bearing problems but then with more HP I think they have seen their days.

Re: fan of both August 28, 2009 03:45AM
I agree, the stock pump has held up on our old tractor all the years it was pulled. I just knew you were putting out a lot more HP than we ever had in the old tractor and thought maybe that it was to much for the stock pump. I hope you get it figured out, and we hope to see you at Gordyville this year with our Deutz. We are still waiting on a cam but that ia about all and hoping to come and test it out at the winter pulls.

2010 August 27, 2009 11:07AM
They said at BG it would happen next year, we'll see

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,707, Posts: 229,810, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,082, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro