Boaz, WI PULL SEPT 6TH to benefit First Responders August 26, 2009 11:37AM
Having a farm pull in boaz on the 6th of september with a class for everyone. All money made is to go back to the Boaz First Responders. Call with any questions 608-475-0661.

Re: Boaz, WI PULL SEPT 6TH to benefit First Responders March 28, 2010 02:25PM
How come when I the First Responders if they got any money from this they said no and looked really confused?

Re: Boaz, WI PULL SEPT 6TH to benefit First Responders March 28, 2010 03:47PM
Funny you ask this question because I think there is quite a few other people wanting to know the same thing. When you ask the "966puller" and we all know who that is, he will tell you that it went to a family that tragically lost there little boy in a farm accident but last I heard there was no money given to them either. Hopefully Mr.Manning can set the record straight once and for all before we get going on another pulling season. Then again maybe we could just contact the Cornells and find out ourselves.

Re: Boaz, WI PULL SEPT 6TH to benefit First Responders March 29, 2010 02:42PM
To get the facts straight for everybody Justin never had any contact with the money I did!! ABC lets see if you know your 123's the costs of the pull with the food $300, INS 1080, and the cost of the sled 1400. Take 120 hooks and they payback 75 % that leaves 600. We buy the food and Justin paid for what was left out of his own pocket!! The food stand was offered to the first responders by Justin but the refused so we put the money made by the food stand back to the park. 200 went to greg dull to buy the wiring to get the lights on the track working, 150 went to the village to help pay the electricity for the year, and we have put the rest into the playground equipment. Justin and Brian have asked to take and put a plaque with the new playground equipment saying that the equipment was purchased in Tristen Cornell's name. The boys figure it would be a reminder to all the loss of a young life but to help keep other young kids safe by bringing them to the park! It is truly sad to see how much badmouthing goes on when two guys work so hard to do something good for the community! ABC why don't you post your real name!!! To the rest of the people reading this if you have any question feel free to call me at 475-0659. and feel free to come to the boaz park and enjoy the new playground equipment!

Re: Boaz, WI PULL SEPT 6TH to benefit First Responders March 30, 2010 01:31PM
Wow! Great post Julie!

Re: Boaz, WI PULL SEPT 6TH to benefit First Responders April 03, 2010 02:26AM
That was a good reply.
I see now why I could have been confused if someone may have ask me how much we received when I didn't know it was advertised somewhere that way. I believe we declined the food stand not refused. I also don't feel that benefit should be used if the ones buying and selling the food are the "benefit" people, maybe proceeds go to instead.
Just a suggestion, in the future don't use a name in your advertising if the proceeds may go to a different cause. I appreciate what you have done and understand the situation you were in as I also see the financial side of the book for this kind of event everyday.
Thinking of the responders out there in the world doesn't help save live, it's the equipment and training that does which all costs money.
Thank you.
Cheryl Dull, Chief of the Western Richland County First Responders aka "Boaz First Responder"

Re: Boaz, WI PULL SEPT 6TH to benefit First Responders April 08, 2010 01:32PM
Justin Manning and his wife are the reason that many small communities in Southwest Wisconsin are again having tractor pulls.

The two of them are doing a tremendous amount of work.

I am a little disgusted with all of this Manning bashing. I think people should be thanking them instead of all of this negative stuff all of the time. Justin doesn't make up the rules himself. There were several meetings that took place where the rules were hammered out. These are pretty good rules. People on this site have been worrying about how these rules are going to be enforced. This is Justin and his helper's problem.

So get off Justin's back.

Re: Boaz, WI PULL SEPT 6TH to benefit First Responders April 08, 2010 03:28PM
Thanks to those that have stuck up for me. I was at the point of giving up and selling the tractor but some of my close friends have stuck up for me and with me. As far as your question jd4010 this was last years pull but there will be a fathers day pull run by myself and Kevin Jasper we will be posting on here shortly with class info! Thanks again for the kind words guys!!

Re: Boaz, WI PULL SEPT 6TH to benefit First Responders April 07, 2010 03:54PM
what are the classes

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009