NTPA 2022 October 11, 2021 04:33AM
Should we expect new innovated ideas, incentives, programs, events, point races from NTPA for 2022 ? Any news, rumors, wishes ?

Re: NTPA 2022 October 11, 2021 04:49AM
Greg k
Should we expect new innovated ideas, incentives, programs, events, point races from NTPA for 2022 ?

No.

Re: NTPA 2022 October 11, 2021 06:44AM
Lol, why would anyone expect ANYTHING new from NTPA??

Re: NTPA 2022 October 13, 2021 07:59AM
Just Sayin’
Lol, why would anyone expect ANYTHING new from NTPA??

Do we always need new EVERY YEAR?!

Re: NTPA 2022 October 13, 2021 10:49AM
Yes & LLSS should be a GN class Hot

Re: NTPA 2022 October 13, 2021 12:38PM
Loss should be a class , the mini sled is at most events so they should be able to get it moving!

Re: NTPA 2022 October 13, 2021 01:09PM
OUCH !

Re: NTPA 2022 October 13, 2021 01:39PM
Because if they keep doing nothing …… well, they’ll just continue to shrink in numbers in both pullers and venues.

Re: NTPA 2022 October 13, 2021 02:45PM
Make LLSS a GN class. They need more numbers and this would help.

Re: NTPA 2022 October 13, 2021 11:28PM
Llss is not and should not ever be a GN class.

Re: NTPA 2022 October 15, 2021 04:57AM
Wheeler

Where?

Re: NTPA 2022 October 15, 2021 05:30AM
Tomah winner

Where?

Depends on your perspective. From a 40,000 foot view, LLSS has plenty of numbers.

Since this thread is about NTPA specifically, if we zoomed in to just NTPA and Member states (which are WTPA and HSTPA for LLSS), he may have a point about numbers needing help (I do not think LLSS has any business being a GN class, but can be a viable State level option).

Example- Ft Recovery had a 2 day RN LLSS hook, which allowed them to hook at a longstanding GN event. One would think with all the LLSS in surrounding states, they could get a good turnout. They only had 10. Aside from the KY groups having hooks that weekend, someone posted that guys didn't want to pay for a roll cage inspection and whatever else for only 2 hooks for the entire year. Can you blame a puller who can pull Friday and Saturday within 100 miles from home and would choose that option compared to going farther away, for not much more purse, and having to pay extra fees on top of that?

On the plus side, I got to witness a Cockshutt 50 win a hook, something I never thought I'd see in person.

I will also point out the National Rules seemed to be a good compromise, yet there are still different rules with different organizations that run LLSS. It would be nice if everyone (including NTPA) could get their diesel LLSS rules in line with each other.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2021 05:34AM by The Original Michael.

Re: NTPA 2022 October 13, 2021 03:08PM
Can anyone tell us how many pulls both GN and RN NTPA had say 10 years ago. Have they lost 50% of their hooks ? Have membership fees and insurance costs decreased accordingly ?

Re: NTPA 2022 October 14, 2021 07:12AM
Greg k
Can anyone tell us how many pulls both GN and RN NTPA had say 10 years ago. Have they lost 50% of their hooks ? Have membership fees and insurance costs decreased accordingly ?

Well, we need to remember pulls like essex junction vermont and other pulls that are very far away, they probably lost them cause other associations are closer.

Re: NTPA 2022 October 14, 2021 01:33PM
Very far away from where ? Ntpa at one time had state associations in the NE like NYTPA and the east coast. There are lots of PPL affiliated pulls in those areas now but very very few Ntpa pulls. So I'm not sure being far away is reason there are considerably less Ntpa pulls than there were years ago. I would say high fees for pullers and promoters, low purses, and nearly nonexistent end of season payouts are contributing factors to the demise of Ntpa pulling in most places.

Re: NTPA 2022 October 14, 2021 07:13AM
Just Sayin’
Because if they keep doing nothing …… well, they’ll just continue to shrink in numbers in both pullers and venues.

Do you even like the NTPA? or do you want to just keep crapping on it?

Re: NTPA 2022 October 14, 2021 10:20AM
It’s not about liking the NTPA or not. It’s about the NTPA sitting on their hands, watching it fade away a little at a time. The business model I have known is if you’re not growing, you’re losing ground. You can’t sit idle and expect everyone to just come to your circuit, your event just because it’s the NTPA. There are other, better options. I would hope, especially by now, they would realize that. I do not want to see the NTPA die off. Pullers and fans need the NTPA! I’d like see some investment in both time and money - be PROACTIVE. Sponsors CAN BE GOTTEN. You have to start yesterday and never stop. That’s a starting point. Communicating with both pullers and promoters, continuously. The list goes on and on, but it seems they do the least amount of anything and that CANNOT continue or it will die a slow, painful death.

Re: NTPA 2022 October 15, 2021 04:56AM
Just Sayin’
It’s not about liking the NTPA or not. It’s about the NTPA sitting on their hands, watching it fade away a little at a time. The business model I have known is if you’re not growing, you’re losing ground. You can’t sit idle and expect everyone to just come to your circuit, your event just because it’s the NTPA. There are other, better options. I would hope, especially by now, they would realize that. I do not want to see the NTPA die off. Pullers and fans need the NTPA! I’d like see some investment in both time and money - be PROACTIVE. Sponsors CAN BE GOTTEN. You have to start yesterday and never stop. That’s a starting point. Communicating with both pullers and promoters, continuously. The list goes on and on, but it seems they do the least amount of anything and that CANNOT continue or it will die a slow, painful death.

Well, thank you for explaining. That's all I wanted.

Re: NTPA 2022 October 14, 2021 11:28PM
Pulling is down everywhere. Especially at the GN/CT level. Look at Superfarm, Diesel Supers are two that are really down. Region2 pulling was down in all classes except mods and they had the best numbers in years.

Re: NTPA 2022 October 15, 2021 01:44AM
Super Farms are only down because so many of the pullers have gone either Limited Pro or Light Pro. Also, Champions Tour had probably it's best average number of Super Farms per event in several years.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: NTPA 2022 October 15, 2021 11:12AM
The LLSS should not be a GN class. They won't get 4 tractors to follow the circuit. They want to stay an pull local hooks.

Re: NTPA 2022 October 19, 2021 04:29AM
Tomah Whiner
The LLSS should not be a GN class. They won't get 4 tractors to follow the circuit. They want to stay and pull local hooks.

You're not wrong. Look at Fort Recovery for example. They didn't get very many, the best (opinion-wise) was the cockshutt that won.

Re: NTPA 2022 October 15, 2021 02:20PM
I am really glad you people know it all. smh

Re: NTPA 2022 October 17, 2021 08:09AM
I don't think the LLSS should be a GN class ahead of light or limited prostock. In my opinion they don't put on a good enough show. However it is cool to see the brand difference so its not a green and red show like all other classes. but that being said still not a consistent fast show because half of the tractors most nights won't hardly leave the line. The light or limited prostocks always run and put a good consistent show. Once again not bashing the LLSS just not top tier competition that belongs at the highest level venues.

Re: NTPA 2022 October 19, 2021 05:11AM
I think it would be cool to have a modified/unlimited grand championship. Take a few of the pulls that have the light and unlimited/modified classes at the same event. Combine the points and crown an "overall" champion. This could help the light class get some better numbers (at a few pulls anyway) and would add some excitement to the entire show. Just a thought so don't go all crazy on me.

Re: NTPA 2022 October 20, 2021 01:25PM
Bone stock i dont know were you have been to watch the llss CLASS or how long ago its been or if your mistaking it with the LSS BUT AROUND THESE PARTS THEY ALL RUN and PS not the lol every where they go they steel the show Grand National can be the best of the best in any class out there lots of people like me wouldnt piss in the cold rain to watch some of the classes thats already been chosen not naming any of the classes but i could LLSS is top tier just build one and go get some several big time big named SS guys have and can verify top tier competition

Re: NTPA 2022 October 25, 2021 08:02AM
Grubby
I think it would be cool to have a modified/unlimited grand championship. Take a few of the pulls that have the light and unlimited/modified classes at the same event. Combine the points and crown an "overall" champion. This could help the light class get some better numbers (at a few pulls anyway) and would add some excitement to the entire show. Just a thought so don't go all crazy on me.

I think they will get better numbers this next coming year since they eliminated the engine limits and made it more into a light "unlimited" class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,839, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro