Light Super or Pro a step down? October 30, 2021 01:25PM
Step down from the light supers is real funny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2021 01:18PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? October 30, 2021 01:55PM
Well Big DADY just were would you place it one turbo one fuel Little tires and pretty well one engine come on now explain whats so funny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2021 01:19PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? October 30, 2021 02:29PM
Maybe you should take a trip up to northeast Ohio and tell them ol boys that they are just a step down from lss, maybe you will get to see the inside of a big ol oil pan up close and personal
You are definitely out of touch of what a modern pro stock is
Leave this class alone and see what happens next bigger and better things are yet to come

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? October 30, 2021 02:52PM
Bbailey I’ll take that bet. Only thing coming down the pike for that class is less and less numbers. Oh and as far as power is concerned they are a step down from the lss

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? October 31, 2021 04:00AM
B I just told everyone without leaving my chaiir how pro stock is just what the name says SS is the next step up always has been

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? October 31, 2021 12:54PM
Little SS Re good but that class was nearly dead not that long ago. They make good H P but tourqe not close . pros may only have one turbo but it is good sized. Bette pro run more fuel than big Deisel supers . Better pros could give heavy Deisel supers a run for the money. One turbo and Deisel is one thing making hp with alcohol is not that hard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2021 01:20PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? October 31, 2021 01:17PM
Pros don’t burn the same amount of fuel 300 cc less dss would wipe the floor of any pro when bone twister beat them in Gordy he was 2200 pounds lighter an out 10plus feet on them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2021 01:20PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? October 31, 2021 01:56PM
Big Daddy
making hp with alcohol is not that hard

bwhahahahaha, Big Daddy I hope you tell Bryan Conner that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2021 02:13PM by Supertiquer.

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? October 31, 2021 11:50PM
If this is going to be a topic I’m going to clear the air on my part I’m definitely not degrading a lss these are my 2 favorite classes but my point is I don’t believe that if you set lss motor in a pro chassis that it will compete with a top notch pro and I can’t say that a big pro motor would compete in a lss chassis or not
Maybe a little less bashing of classes on here would be a good thing especially when you don’t have a dog in the fight

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? November 01, 2021 02:26AM
Not really on topic here but, i bet a pro stock motor would compete in light super, i for one would love to see it, with the tourqe that a prostock has it would be interesting to say the least.

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? November 01, 2021 06:46AM
A prostock engine in lss would be an epic disaster. Torque requires weight. Rpm’s are what makes wheel speed not torque. The prostocks weigh 10k for a reason. The 370 cube llss alky’s consistently beat the 470 diesels even giving the diesels the larger charger for a reason. This is very basic problem solving

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? November 01, 2021 04:53AM
What's a final a lite super is turning?

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? November 01, 2021 06:21AM
Yes, with the lighter weight the Pro Stock would run much higher gear and blow out the end???

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? November 01, 2021 06:48AM
Alcohol LSS prolly 15:1, Diesel LSS ~11:1 I would guess.

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? November 01, 2021 01:20PM
Pro Stocks are running 1000 to 1200 less HP then current Supers that are trying to run hard. Some guys are knocking on 6000hp Most don't push it like that. Some Supers of today are running the most RPM any Diesel that's Pulling.

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? November 02, 2021 02:03AM
Esdon Lehn ran a diesel In the light class for a while and had good success. He definitely had the power just may not have had the weight. The diesels can do it but its more expensive and tricky to get enough weight.

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? November 01, 2021 03:20PM
LSS vs Pro Stock... this isn't a "what if" hypothetical... this happens all the time:

Kevin Windsor runs his alcohol powered New Holland against Pro Stocks ALL summer long all over the east coast and has for many years now. He's been extremely successful and he runs with handicaps against the Pros and DSS. It's not a true LSS (it did win a state LSS title but it's a little heavy to have fun in the LSS class on a regular basis. All that to say it's a completely legal LSS entry. It's a 504 motor and it runs twin turbos with a big Holset HT100 on top. It's a solid and reliable setup but not as cutting edge as the GN guys because of the rules that limit alcohol tractors where Kevin runs. Even at a handicap Kevin has tons of wins. He doesn't dominate, but given the fact that he's air limited because of his turbo setup, and handicapped with weight it's still very impressive. It's also outnumbered at every event he pulls at. Given those factors it's impressive to have ANY wins, let alone all the ones he's racked up over the years.

I do think it would be interesting to run them heads up at some middle weigh (It doesn't seem fair to have one make all the weight concessions and have a homefield advantage) with the best of the best under the hood and see what would happen. However I think it would be fun to see a top tier LSS setup for 10,000 lbs. and see what it would do. I think a tractor like the Karlens (who have experience at that weight) would be pretty darn tough.

As for a Pro engine in a LSS, I think it would be fun if it was a legal option. With a tall enough gear you could snuff that engine but driving out of the hole would be tricky, but... it's pretty tricky for some of the LSS that move huge air volumes and on some tracks they shine.

What's a "step up" and what's a "step down" all depends on what metric you use. It's as arbitrary as saying what's better a car or a truck... I guess that depends on what metric you use: what's faster, what has better fuel efficiency, what can pull more, what can haul more? Whether LSS or Pro are a "step up" or "step down" just depends on what you like and what you're looking for.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Light Super or Pro a step down? November 02, 2021 01:08AM
A pro stock engine in a lss chassis won’t do much but you take a Ross/Payne/schalbach setup on the dss is would dominate the 4000hp alkys when you making 5000hp look at Kenny hale down south runs with them alkys on a two charger setup and has a couple wins

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,644, Posts: 229,711, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520