turbo gas puller August 27, 2009 08:32AM
Has anybody tried turbocharged gas with A blow through carb? I think you could make good power with this setup. this would be in A llss tractor

Re: turbo gas puller August 27, 2009 08:50AM
My dad had an old 50 Cockshutt they did that with back in the late 60s. I think it run good but not sure it would be the way to go today in that LLSS class. Those tractors run pretty good.............

Re: turbo gas puller August 27, 2009 09:21AM
messed around with this about 30 years ago.it will work but not the way to go today.couple of problems were the whole carb gets hot and you have to run a solid float.a hollow brass float will collapse.throttle shaft has to be sealed tight or you loose a little boost.also getting the mixture right is a nightmare.

Re: turbo gas puller August 27, 2009 09:32AM
Dean Stummie has done it on a twin turbo big block chevie It also used twin carbs

Re: turbo gas puller August 27, 2009 10:02AM
It's old technology that we ran back in the early 70's. You will have a difficult time competing with any other LLSS club with that set up.

Re: turbo gas puller August 27, 2009 11:41AM
We ran a draw through carb set up with a local association about 7 years ago. It worked but can be hard on pistons if the air fuel ratio isnt where it should be. Gas just burns hotter and is less forgiving in some ways than alcohol.

Re: turbo gas puller August 28, 2009 01:04PM
blow through carbs have come A long way in the past few years.I know of two v8 sbc making 1600 & 1800 rwhp with twin chargers i would think 400 ci 6 cyl on gas could be capable of half or A little better with some good parts.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,695, Posts: 229,801, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,957.

Our newest member CBeard