PPL HOT Farm Cam November 24, 2021 09:35AM
Wanting some opinions on going Flat tappet cam or roller cam for a PPL hot farm John Deere build. Thanks

Re: PPL HOT Farm Cam November 24, 2021 01:05PM
I’m not 100%sure on JD motors but I know for the IH motors it never hurts to put rollers and for most open rpm classes it’s better to have it. Jerry Lagod explained it to me like this “ weight and friction are what prohibit things in valvetrain from moving so if you can take that friction out it allows for a more free reving Engine which means more power”

This was for an IH motor however I don’t believe it would be much different. My two cents would be to spend the money now and you won’t have to spend it later when trying to keep up with the competition

Re: PPL HOT Farm Cam November 25, 2021 03:11AM
Personally I have 1 non roller sbjd hotfarm and 1 roller sbjd and to be honest if I were building a new 1 I would just put the rollers in and be done. But that being said on the performance side I can not tell a difference in either 1 of them with the same fuel and air combinations. So is it a must have the answer is no.

Re: PPL HOT Farm Cam November 24, 2021 01:13PM
Put the roller in and be done

Re: PPL HOT Farm Cam November 24, 2021 04:59PM
Any recommendations on tooling to do the machining? I have the Crower tool for putting in the slots. What is the best tooling to get the bore ready for reaming to .842?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,839, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro