Boyds December 05, 2021 11:06AM
What's going on with the Boyd's.

Re: Boyds December 05, 2021 11:53AM
Word has it, everything pulling related is for-sale. Tractors, haulers, parts inventory exc.

Re: Boyds December 05, 2021 12:07PM
We have decided after 23 years of pulling that we are ready to quit. All pulling tractors, parts, haulers and and other pulling related items are for sale. We have a lot of things to price so I don’t know for sure what we are going to be asking for things but will start advertising soon. Thanks to all the competitors and fans who we have had the opportunity to get to know over the years. Had it not been for you all, we would have quit a long time ago.

Keep an eye on Facebook and the for sale pages if you are interested in anything.

Thanks Greg

Re: Boyds December 06, 2021 02:50AM
Greg,
Will you guys still building engines at Boyd Performance?

Re: Boyds December 06, 2021 05:41AM
With the Boyd family stepping away from pulling I believe that the sport has truly lost a family that were great ambassadors. On and off the track the entire team was a huge asset to the sport. For 20+ years they raised the bar year after year. Be it the PS class or the Mini class or the Mod class they always brought their A game hook after hook. I realize that families need to make decisions that are best for them and their team members. I think it will be many years before another family comes along that will have such a great impact on the sport as the Boyd family had. I wish them well in the future endeavors and thank them for the memories they left behind.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2021 05:53AM by Dick Morgan.

Boyd's December 06, 2021 06:22AM
They will defiantly will be missed. I wish them the best in the future.

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Re: Boyd's December 07, 2021 10:53AM
A huge loss for pulling no doubt about it. But that family has gone above and beyond to entertain pulling fans. For me, I'll always remember the Boyds for the two Green Streak tractors they pulled 20 years ago in the ATPA. That's when I started following pulling. They had some great rivalries in the Pro Stock class. Thank you Boyd family!

Re: Boyds December 06, 2021 08:43AM
I heard they are getting out completely

Re: Boyds December 06, 2021 02:48PM
Greg,
While it's sad to see your family getting out of pulling it's great that we have gotten to see a class act for all of these years. From the first pass I remember your Dad making at the NFMS (on a tractor that I think he had just bought) to the monster pass he made at BG in 2019 to another PPL points title it has been entertaining. That brings me to a comment I made about Ken Veney many years ago. He is so much fun to watch but not so much fun to compete against! Your group has been very much the same, if you want to run with the Boyd's you'd better bring your A-game. Beautiful hard running pullers.

Thanks for the memories Team Boyd,
Todd Feiss AKA S'no Farmer

Re: Boyds December 09, 2021 03:25AM
Definitely sad news as a fan. I was a wee little tot in BG when they won a ring in 2003, and have been a fan ever since. The family has always treated myself and other fans with the utmost respect. I cannot thank Greg enough for all the time he has spent talking with me over the years. We've been out to see their farm, business's, and pulling operations twice and I do not think there are many families more humble than them. Also the cleanest and most professional team in the business. I've traveled all over the midwest watching this team and will be sad those days are over. My favorite Boyd memory was the days of the 3 pro stocks. The trio was extremely dominant. However, I have never seen anything more impressive in pulling than Steve's 380ft pass in BG in 2019.

To the Boyd family thank you for giving me so many memories as a kid and becoming a friend to me now. God bless, and best wishes in your retirement!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,795, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,949.

Our newest member CBeard