ultimate pit vehicle December 06, 2021 06:04AM
What is needed for the ultimate pit support vehicle?
tiger tail, small tool set, etc.
looking to set up my newly acquired utv with everything i need

Re: ultimate pit vehicle December 06, 2021 06:42AM
Room for a cooler and refreshments are a must.

Re: ultimate pit vehicle December 14, 2021 02:22PM
Small tool set, cordless impact, ether, cooler, fuel jug, jump pack, leaf blower, extra weights, helmet bag, jack, notepad/log book, small air compressor

Re: ultimate pit vehicle December 06, 2021 07:43AM
We just have a small toolbox we carry with ours that has some basic hand tools, a cordless impact, valve stem cores and tool, some random NPT plugs and fittings (in case an oil pressure sensor or something breaks) Cotter pins, some bolts, zip ties, some butt connectors and wire, basically just stuff for quick fixes. Anything more than that is a sign to us we shouldn't be running and will drop to the end or drop out. Its not worth rushing a potential major problem.

And extra ether of course

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2021 08:01AM by UsedAndAbused.

Re: ultimate pit vehicle December 06, 2021 08:59AM
Gotta have bar tires to match

Re: ultimate pit vehicle December 07, 2021 03:09AM
If you want to get fancier, you could add some fuel and water pumps. we use ours with extra weight, wrenches for the hitch and other wrench needs, helmet and firesuit, leafblower to cool tractor, tire gauge, cleaning supplies, extra ether, etc.

Re: ultimate pit vehicle December 07, 2021 04:33AM
what are guys doing for air compressors?
thanks

Re: ultimate pit vehicle December 07, 2021 08:28AM
Last year we used a decent sized pressure tank that we would fill at the trailer before going to the scales. This year we are going to try out one of the new milwaukee M12 inflators.

Re: ultimate pit vehicle December 07, 2021 11:31AM
I use small air compresser

Re: ultimate pit vehicle December 07, 2021 06:28PM
Yeah Tiger tail spring loaded strap
is the 1st thing?

Re: ultimate pit vehicle December 08, 2021 12:16AM
I would say it was wen I use to help Austin Ted an Ed Boyer our pit tow vehicle was the best they took to s10 pick up an made them in to 1 we had the tool box an everything on it we need it In the hot pit.

Re: ultimate pit vehicle December 08, 2021 01:57PM
We use a 2003 Chev Tracker! 4 wheel drive, 3 door, with an auto trannie, removable hardtops, It turns on a dime, only has 55,000 miles on it, and gets 35 MPG. Works great!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,738, Posts: 229,878, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,990.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM