Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock December 09, 2021 07:04AM
I see a few of the guys running Farmstock in ship are 2.4 altered tractors. Was just curious if the guys are changing turbos for that? The farmstock rules are 2.3 turbo. Just curious.

Thanks

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock December 09, 2021 02:04PM
In 2018 or 2019 the rules were adjusted that ISP Too Hot To Farm tractors could run with their ISP set-ups. I do not remember all the specifics but this gives them the 2.4 charger with a smaller cube limit, compared to some of the tractors being larger cubes. They stack up pretty evenly based off results over the past few years.

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock December 09, 2021 03:57PM
ISP new rules are 2.4 turbo 2 ports water in cross over, 13mm P7100 480 cubes and 3000 rpms.

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock December 13, 2021 05:08AM
Yaaa it’s a “slug”

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock December 10, 2021 01:52AM
Ok perfect. Thanks for the info.

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock December 13, 2021 12:09AM
The 2.3 rule is a 2.3 inducer within 2 inches of the wheel. Most are sucking air around slug and though the center of the slug on the turbo in that class.

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 03, 2022 09:07AM
I have a quick question on the rules for the farmstock. This is right from the rule book.

"1. Tractors are to be stock appearing. This is a Farm Stock class and should be presented as such. "

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers, but y are tractors allowed to run aluminum rims and custom frames when tractor per the rules should remain stock appearing? Not saying I don't agree with it either way. I'm just trying to understand the rules

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2022 09:08AM by Oly.

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 03, 2022 12:57PM
Oly you brought up an interesting topic. "Stock Appearing" should never be used in tractor pulling. This isn't a tractor show or a plowing contest this is a tractor PULL, these are pulling tractors. Stock core pumps does not keep the tractors stock, 3000rpm limit without a cubic inch limit does not keep the class fair, and not allowing a cooling system aka water injection or intercooter makes it difficult from melting down these engines.

Theres no such thing as the word "stock" in tractor pulling but the closest as we can get to making these farm stock classes fair is by having a speed limit. Speed limit, hitch height, weight of class, and safety equipment are the only rules needed in farm stock pulling. It should be up to the puller on how they want to make the power to go the speed limit. Having a rpm limit just benefits the big cubic inch tractors and screws over the smaller ones but by having no rpm limit with safety equipment it gives both tractors a chance to compete competitively within the speed limit.

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 03, 2022 02:49PM
Because a guy by the name of Jason Kleppe wanted fancy rims

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 04, 2022 01:32AM
I know down the list it says aluminum rims allowed and it is what it is, but they might as well remove the stock appearing rule. I agree the speed limit helps a lot. ECI has a great class that basically limits just speed limit. I know the altered farm class around SE MN and WI runs different rules but y bend the farmstock rules in gordyville. Why not have a altered farm rules class for them?

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 04, 2022 01:33AM
They combine rules from different associations. This isn't a standard class, it's mixing rules to make as many competitors able to compete.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 04, 2022 01:59AM
I understand that. But the rules per the website, contradict themselves. I'm just making an observation not trying to ruffle feathers. I was also asking because I'm building a tractor also.

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 05, 2022 12:35AM
There is a simple reason for the name of the class. IPA has a class named farmstock. When klint added this class he took that name and their rules as a start. I pull with Illini State Pullers in the 2 hot to farm class. With our set up we run pretty competitive. Our rules are drastically different. So klint added those as well. That is the reason some of the rules contradict each other.

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 05, 2022 01:13AM
Thank you Jake Koch!

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 04, 2022 03:15AM
Most tractors that pull on any track are not Factory, the word stock has nothing to do with the rules. That's why they call it pro stock, super stock and so on. I mean people have been beating the heck out of this dead horse for YEARS. They could simply call it the Run What You want, within these rules class and some one would whine. The rules are the only limiting factor to any pull around this nation... or really the world. I remember my father telling me a guy running alcohol in a super MTA and whooping him on his 560, stock class. That was way back in the 70s and "antique" tractors. As for stock appearing, that is the biggest gray area of them all. What appears stock to me on a John Deere is going to be WAY different that what a true John Deere guy would say is stock appearing. Everyone knows that rule is there, simply to allow for judges discretion, get over it or find another pull. The worst pulls are the ones with little to no rules, those are the ones where it is the good old boys/girls club and you are at their mercy. They should have named the class, bring your 12k tractor and make rules and pull class. But everyone would have complained, about that as well. Why does no one ever complain about a pro stock or super stock class, wait better yet a super pro farm class. THATS IT Get away from warring about the class title and watch the rules.

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 04, 2022 03:28AM
I literally never mentioned the NAME of the class I referenced the rules. As far as whining I never did. I simply asked a question. Go back and read what was written before complaining, you obviously didn't read it at all the prior to acting like a fool. I'm building a tractor to run at home and was just curious what things I would or could do to adjust to fit there. I literally asked for a clarification of the rules. Take your attitude and jump off a cliff.

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 04, 2022 05:45AM
I am not sorry for what I wrote, but obviously you thought (don't think, know) I was talking about you. I was not, don't know you, prob wont ever know you. I was just saying it in general, I didn't reply to you like I am doing now. If you cant take someone making a comment about something you question, maybe you need to relax and not take it personal. I read EVERY word of EVERY comment, I simply wanted to put my 2 cents in. I was not belittling you in any way, or personally attacking you, like you have me. I would never talk to someone like you have. If you dont meet the rules currently, then you have to adjust whatever you have now to fit. That simple. I would think about calling the promoter or emailing them. Not posting for anyone to answer incorrectly and leading you down the wrong path. With that said, you should punch your tractor out to 1000 cubes, put three turbos with inner coolers on them, a massive P pump, no rops or cage, no rpm plug in and defiantly no wheelie bars. Then head there and they would surely let you pull whenever you want. Have a great day Oly and look forward to seeing you on the live stream. God Bless

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 04, 2022 09:02AM
vdm, ANGER MANAMENT CLASSES ARE OFFERED IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD, -- ATTEND, JEALOUSY ISSUES SAME VENUE, DIFFERENT DAY, A guy asks a question and wants to build and someone shut them down and we wonder why the sport is going south like the ice caps, come on people pretend to be human with a heart,even the "TIN MAN " learned to cope. Go to most any pull and watch farm stock pull and your mind will be gone with the wind, cuz --it makes no sense, one has speed limit, one has none, no rules, - the next has rpm limit, but no way to check, or implement the rules, and they only apply to a select few, or cubes don't matter, safety equipment means a hanky in the toolbox.Hope this New yr. is fun for as many that choose the positive higher path.

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 08, 2022 11:37AM
Jason Kleppe has done more for this sport than most! Richland Center sure lucky to have a national treasure like him and Jason Schultz! Pulling hall of fame material!

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 10, 2022 11:14AM
What about the guy with the 1466 and the front fenders?

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 10, 2022 02:07PM
Adam Moore. Big cubes

Re: Midwest winter nationals 12000 farmstock January 10, 2022 11:17PM
To the rules questions I believe ..ECIPA 2 hot 650 cu in no turbo rule. South West & South Central Wi & Tristate altered 466 cu in for red green 505 to 540 for other color 2.4 sxe turbo. If memory serves me correcr they ran mix class at viola seemed to be competitive. Which I think is similar to the results they have had in Gordy in past. It seems to work.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,834, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro