Cylinder head studs December 13, 2021 02:17PM
Who makes cylinder head studs besides ARP and Kenny's pulling parts?
ARP does not offer what I need. And I cant get ahold of Kenny's.

Re: Cylinder head studs December 13, 2021 02:41PM
Call Ross Castner. I believe he is actually manufacturing them.

Re: Cylinder head studs December 13, 2021 10:28PM
Fanta machine , has a good youtube series on studs too

Re: Cylinder head studs December 15, 2021 06:34AM
Thanks for the promo Patches.

Fanta-Machine.com has a list of the stud testing videos on the second page. The videos are a bit boring, maybe skip #3, but see #1, #4 and #5 especially.

Custom lengths are not a problem, we stock 9/16 from 4 3/4 to 12" long in 1/2" increments. All rolled thread. One of the videos tests the difference between rolled and cut thread. Other diameters and mixed inch and metric available.

Ed Fanta

Re: Cylinder head studs December 15, 2021 08:51AM
I watched the videos, the part that is missing is fatigue strength, which takes expensive equipment and lots of time to evaluate. Without fatigue strength it is difficult to make an evaluation of fasteners and their ability to do the job we need. High tensile material does not necessarily result in high fatigue strength, it depends how the fastener is manufactured and the heat treatment of the material. It is very common to find Grade 8 fasteners that were manufactured to meet hardness and tensile properties but have terrible fatigue properties.

Re: Cylinder head studs December 14, 2021 12:20AM
Extreme Studs.

Re: Cylinder head studs December 14, 2021 01:05AM
Ross Caster has created Optitorque. They make a great product. They had a very nice display at PRI. I have used many sets of his Cummins studs.

OptiTorque Technologies – High Strength Fastener Solutions
[optitorque.com]

Re: Cylinder head studs December 14, 2021 04:14AM
We have several lengths of 9/16" diameter ARP2000 studs in stock, and can get custom lengths of ARP2000 studs in 6 - 8 weeks. e-mail the specifics e-mail or leave a message (541) 351-8350.

Re: Cylinder head studs December 18, 2021 07:10AM
Call Phil at riverside engines. Has his brand along with ARP. Can make any length. Stay away from extreme studs .!!!! They are junk. Less money but junk. They stretch, then they snap . !!! No good from experience!

Re: Cylinder head studs December 22, 2021 10:22AM
We have been running Ed's in our DSS for years, we also sell them. DIGGIN HARD sixoeight 343 7434 Bill

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,653, Posts: 229,729, Members: 3,326.
This forum: Topics: 37,070, Posts: 225,916.

Our newest member JD_8520