Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 02, 2022 08:25AM
Pretty cool to be on network TV. Hopefully some new people watch that have never watched a truck and tractor pull take a look and even if they don't watch the whole show maybe still think "hey this is kind of cool I never knew this was a sport " and maybe they will research it more.

If I hear podium one more time January 02, 2022 09:23AM
I will preface my rant with a positive. Ppl has best pulling show hands down. IT IS NOT A PODIUM POSITION, PODIUM PLACING, number of podiums. Someone tell Stout and Mears to erase that from their jargon. It drives me nuts, track and field has a podium, wrestling has a podium, the Olympics has a podium. Motorsports, pulling included has a winners circle! So change it to top 5’s, top 3’s winner circle appearances but don’t unnecessarily reinvent the wheel with podium. Pulling fans and pullers don’t talk about getting a podium finish. If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard it on a ppl show I could buy a few spare rods.
GREAT SHOW OTHERWISE!

Re: If I hear podium one more time January 02, 2022 09:32AM
Glad I’m not the only one that it bugs

Re: If I hear podium one more time January 02, 2022 10:30AM
Oh1979
I will preface my rant with a positive. Ppl has best pulling show hands down. IT IS NOT A PODIUM POSITION, PODIUM PLACING, number of podiums. Someone tell Stout and Mears to erase that from their jargon. It drives me nuts, track and field has a podium, wrestling has a podium, the Olympics has a podium. Motorsports, pulling included has a winners circle! So change it to top 5’s, top 3’s winner circle appearances but don’t unnecessarily reinvent the wheel with podium. Pulling fans and pullers don’t talk about getting a podium finish. If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard it on a ppl show I could buy a few spare rods.
GREAT SHOW OTHERWISE!

I think that Ken Stout and Leslie Mears do a great job as pulling announcers.
Leslie does a great job with the Monster Jam events also.

Re: If I hear podium one more time January 02, 2022 10:34AM
I don't really care because Podium vs. Winners Circle doesn't bothers me at all, and the fact that it upsets you doesn't bother me either, you're entitled to your rant, I just want to point out: Motocross does podiums, I think F1 and Indy car do podiums, I think Rally does podiums, IMSA does podiums, Snocross does podiums, LeMans does too, same with MotoGP. Tons of others as well. Podiums are probably really dominant in the rest of the world compared to Winners Circles. I'd say there are as many motosports doing Podiums as there are doing Winners Circles, actually probably more doing Podiums worldwide. (I don't really follow many other motorsports so nothing I say is gospel about any of them so feel free to fact check me!)

I've seen some pulling events do podiums and I've seen others do winners circles... some honor the top five, some just the top three, and some don't give a rats behind about anyone but the winner. It's all good with me!

I didn't get to watch the PPL pull but completely agree with Bonestock, I think it's pretty cool that it followed football.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2022 12:06PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 02, 2022 09:45AM
Watching it now and it gets old hearing about the podium on every hook!

Re: Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 02, 2022 10:27AM
Nice show representing the sport of pulling.
Thanks to Forest Lucas and the staff at Lucas Oil Pro Pulling.

Nice Job by Mayhill/Petro in the 2wd class!
My favorite class in pulling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2022 10:27AM by kevinh.

Re: Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 02, 2022 12:33PM
Just tell the crowd what place the pullers finished at the last pulls. 1st, 2nd, or 3rd and so on!

Re: Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 02, 2022 12:41PM
Just thinking what pulling needs is a reality tv show like street outlaws or that mud racing show (can’t remember the name). A little drama and some behind the scenes I think it would catch some interest. Just a thought

Re: Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 02, 2022 01:25PM
Thought
Just thinking what pulling needs is a reality tv show like street outlaws or that mud racing show (can’t remember the name). A little drama and some behind the scenes I think it would catch some interest. Just a thought

Here you go: not PPL, but still pulling. I’d like to see some behind the scenes stuff with some of the big names in pulling and some of the lower budget teams as well.
[m.youtube.com]

I caught some of the broadcast this afternoon and was happy to see pulling in front of a national audience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2022 01:28PM by Stretch.

Re: Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 03, 2022 04:54AM
Leslie is so dumb. I can't stand to listen to her. She tries, time and time again, to put her two cents in, when she doesn't have a clue about how a pull works. Just my opinion.

Re: Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 03, 2022 05:05AM
This is a pretty ignorant comment to make.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 03, 2022 06:18AM
Ha Tomah, you are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is. Leslie is one of the very best in the sport. I'm sure Monster Jam, NFMS and countless others would not hire her if she wasn't one of the best. And just because you won the peddle pull in Tomah doesn't make you an expert. You are one of those that doesn't have the integrity to sign their names tells me everything about you, just saying.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2022 06:19AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 03, 2022 07:59AM
Dick Morgan
Ha Tomah, you are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is. Leslie is one of the very best in the sport. I'm sure Monster Jam, NFMS and countless others would not hire her if she wasn't one of the best. And just because you won the peddle pull in Tomah doesn't make you an expert. You are one of those that doesn't have the integrity to sign their names tells me everything about you, just saying.

Who says you are an expert either?

Re: Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 03, 2022 08:01AM
Regardless I sign my name, what about you. You slander someone and hide behind "Tomah Winner". You certainly have the right to your opinion, however calling someone "dumb" is what you would hear on the grade school play ground.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2022 08:03AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 03, 2022 08:13AM
Dick Morgan
Regardless I sign my name, what about you. You slander someone and hide behind "Tomah Winner". You certainly have the right to your opinion, however calling someone "dumb" is what you would hear on the grade school play ground.

Ok. I understand that I overstepped. I apologize. Let me correct myself. There are some things she says that I disagree with, but she stills works as hard as any other commentator trying to learn about pulling. She deserves her job. For anybody else I offended, I'm sorry.

My name is Morgan Schulte. I'm 16. My uncle owns the Binder Express super farm out of iowa. Now you know who I am

Re: Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 03, 2022 08:49AM
Thanks. That was standup. Please keep using the page with your idea's and opinions.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 03, 2022 10:24AM
I think this topic got off track I know for myself my comment was directed towards the constant talking about the podium finishes not so much the word itself
I think both series do a good job with their shows and I appreciate being able to watch them but sometimes less is more
Pulling is not just a visual but also it’s audio and I personally wish there was less talking during the pull I like to hear them spool up till they chirp out

Re: Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 03, 2022 09:34AM
Tomah winner
Leslie is so dumb. I can't stand to listen to her. She tries, time and time again, to put her two cents in, when she doesn't have a clue about how a pull works. Just my opinion.

Just so you know she's from a pulling family...Her husband and father-in-law both used to pull IH Super Stocks...She just might know more about pulling than you do...

As for the podium comments from others,calling it a podium doesnt bother me a bit.They do the podium thing over in Europe and have done it for many years..
I really enjoy PPL pulling on TV and watch every episode more than once...It helps get me thru the winter.

Re: Pro pulling league on CBS 5pm eastern January 03, 2022 09:37AM
I was very happy to see CBS broadcast truck & tractor pulling, especially on a Sunday afternoon. You have to imagine, most of the eyes that watched that program has very little knowledge, or let’s say, less than anyone posting on this site about the sport. I appreciate the fact that it can only grow and expand the sport even if it’s only minimal.

Regarding the broadcast commentary…you have to understand that the broadcast encompasses a wide range audience. Not everyone, especially for this specific network and time slot, is a pulling gear head. It’s a tough job to do and these people do a great job and should hold their heads high. I’m sure if anyone would like to critique their performance, talk to John and/or Leslie and the farm show in person in February with your bright ideas.

Twitter didn't like it... January 03, 2022 10:51AM
Regardless of whether or not we all liked it...it didn't go over well with the general public. I don't know if any of you are on Twitter, but man alive, there were some football fans who were really honked off that CBS didn't show the Chiefs game. (Yeah, I know, they don't understand the concept of a black-out.)

(And yes, I realize that the Twitterverse's opinion isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things. I just found it hilarious the way some people went mental.)

Re: Twitter didn't like it... January 03, 2022 11:59AM
Suburban Farmboy
Regardless of whether or not we all liked it...it didn't go over well with the general public. I don't know if any of you are on Twitter, but man alive, there were some football fans who were really honked off that CBS didn't show the Chiefs game. (Yeah, I know, they don't understand the concept of a black-out.)

(And yes, I realize that the Twitterverse's opinion isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things. I just found it hilarious the way some people went mental.)
Twitter is the very last place where I would judge tye pulse of the nation on anything...it seems only to exist as a means to gripe and complain within the context of a limited set of characters.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Twitter didn't like it... January 03, 2022 12:40PM
Bryan Lively
Twitter is the very last place where I would judge tye pulse of the nation on anything...it seems only to exist as a means to gripe and complain within the context of a limited set of characters.

So...Pulloff on a smaller scale? Grinning

To be fair to the ones complaining on Twitter, football is the more popular sport in America--regardless of whether the broadcast was blacked-out.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Twitter didn't like it... January 03, 2022 01:48PM
I put a lot of maybes in my post on purpose. I know more people in the general public watched the show for 35 seconds and said what the hell is this and turned the channel. There also were the other few that said what the hell is this and stayed tuned in because, this is pretty cool I've never seen something like this. Let's see what happens next. And maybe just maybe some will check it out at a actual event sometime and that's what we need to keep us going. I personally don't have a national level tractor but always welcome new people to come check our DCTPA pulls in western Ohio and eastern Indiana.

Re: Twitter didn't like it... January 03, 2022 07:41PM
John Murray

So...Pulloff on a smaller scale? Grinning

To be fair to the ones complaining on Twitter, football is the more popular sport in America--regardless of whether the broadcast was blacked-out.

Touche Young Mr. Murray...no disagreement in that...and to Ryan my response is not directed at you but directed at Twitter, a social media platform that doesn't play well with those whose thoughts and ideas do not jive with theirs. Twitter and the NFL are monoliths in comparison to pulloff and pulling but by and large Twitter is a cesspool of negativity beyond anything that might surface here. The NFL is a juggernaut that, even if you can follow their programming, yes. there comes some pushback if you're not football too. My point is that there's a faction of football consumers out there that like motorsports too and that's the audience you want to pick up. There's no F1, no NASCAR, NHRA, etc...to consume this time of year on the major networks. Gotta pick your spots and hope it works to capture the attention of that group.

In the end, are we not grateful that our favorite motorsport has a national stage that we couldn't fathom 15 years ago? I'm thankful for it no matter the Twitter "beef" that comes about.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,839, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro