2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Pick'em Contest January 05, 2022 04:25PM
It's that time of year again and the Midwest Winter Nationals is right around the corner! Six big sessions of indoor pulling will take place at the Michiana Event Center in Shipshewana, IN January 13th through the 15th!

Join the Beer Money Pulling Team Pick'em Contest for your chance at winning $200 to the Beer Money Pulling Team store for 1st place, $100 for 2nd place, and $50 for 3rd place!

Follow this link to join the contest: Pick'em Contest

We are doing golf style this year. 1st place = 1 point, 2nd place = 2 points, 3rd place = 3 points. If your puller doesn't show up you will be award 0 points. If the puller you chooses goes on to the finals and wins, we will deduct 10 points from your score. Lowest score wins.

You have until 10am EST Thursday (1/13) to get your predictions filled out. We will try to update the standings after every session, but will make sure to have it posted after each day at the very least.

Let's have some fun with this and remember that the show starts at 11am EST on Thursday Afternoon (1/13). Support the event if you can, and if you can't make it, head over to whatssmokin.net and purchase the live stream! It's going to be a great weekend!

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2022 04:38PM by Brent Yaron.

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Pick'em Contest January 06, 2022 01:49AM
Brent Yaron
We are doing golf style this year. 1st place = 1 point, 2nd place = 2 points, 3rd place = 3 points. If your puller doesn't show up you will be award 0 points. If the puller you chooses goes on to the finals and wins, we will deduct 10 points from your score. Lowest score wins.

Brent, it seems as if some scoring modifications need to be done in regards to a puller not showing up.

Example using two classes.
Entrant A has a puller finish 3rd and a puller no show = 3 points, while Entrant B has a puller finish 2nd and another puller finish 2nd = 4 points.

Clearly Entrant A has an advantage, all because one of his picks didn't show up. I'm thinking that a no-show should add points to your total score.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Pick'em Contest January 06, 2022 02:07AM
John, you are have a point and totally had an oversight on that. What about taking the total number of entries in a class and dividing by it 2 and adding that number to the total. Say a class of 20 would give that entrant 10 points and sticks them right in the middle of the class. Does that seem fair?

Brent Yaron

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Pick'em Contest January 06, 2022 02:23AM
If the vehicle they chose is a no show...it should be tied for last place points.

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Pick'em Contest January 06, 2022 03:02AM
Don't need to screw someone over for someone not showing up.

Brent Yaron

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Pick'em Contest January 06, 2022 04:08AM
Brent Yaron
John, you are have a point and totally had an oversight on that. What about taking the total number of entries in a class and dividing by it 2 and adding that number to the total. Say a class of 20 would give that entrant 10 points and sticks them right in the middle of the class. Does that seem fair?

That's probably the fairest of all options. Doesn't give an advantage, but at the same time doesn't absolutely take someone out of the running if they have awesome picks in the other classes.

John Murray

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Pick'em Contest January 06, 2022 04:22AM
If you are going to do that then just give every competitor after 10th place 11 points...doesn’t make sense that someone that doesn’t show up gives you an advantage over someone that makes a pass. Just my opinion...

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Pick'em Contest January 06, 2022 04:25AM
And how do you know that someone isn't going to show? It's not fair to them that someone didn't show up and could easily take them out of winning. It's all for fun and you have a chance to win some BMPT gear if you do well.

Brent Yaron

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Pick'em Contest January 06, 2022 04:50AM
hahahaha award a guy that doesn't show up a better value than some of those that do. I don't always agree with you but this takes the cake I couldn't have came up with any that dumb if I tried... and I ain't that smart

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Pick'em Contest January 06, 2022 04:56AM
I would suggest 1 pt more than last place finisher

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Pick'em Contest January 06, 2022 05:13AM
Then start your own pick'em contest.

Brent Yaron

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Pick'em Contest January 06, 2022 06:20AM
You don’t know who is coming but you know who signed up and you are taking an educated guess at who will be there and who will do the best.

10 or 11 points for 10th on back doesn’t take you out of the running if someone doesn’t show. What if my pick is on a heck of a pass and blows a turbo and someone that doesn’t show up gets quite a few more points in a large class.

Im just trying to think of what is fair and be constructive with my responses. I love doing contests and pickems for pulling or racing. Just putting in my opinions. I’ve already entered this morning.

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Pick'em Contest January 06, 2022 07:42AM
Chip42
You don’t know who is coming but you know who signed up and you are taking an educated guess at who will be there and who will do the best.

10 or 11 points for 10th on back doesn’t take you out of the running if someone doesn’t show. What if my pick is on a heck of a pass and blows a turbo and someone that doesn’t show up gets quite a few more points in a large class.

Im just trying to think of what is fair and be constructive with my responses. I love doing contests and pickems for pulling or racing. Just putting in my opinions. I’ve already entered this morning.

What if everybody has their lowest placing competitor dropped?
Entrant A has a guy doesn't show up. Entrant B has a guy that didn't bring enough ether. Entrant C has a guy that loses a turbo.
This amendment would cover all bases and give everybody a mulligan (since we brought up golf scoring earlier).

John Murray

Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Pick'em Contest January 06, 2022 07:45AM
That's a good idea, John. I'll plan for that.

Brent Yaron

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Pick'em Contest January 06, 2022 09:27AM
I'm cool with dropping one lowest finisher. but a no show still needs to have a higher point value than anybody that does show up. someone who picks a no show should not benefit over anyone else's pick who showed up and pulled

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,722, Posts: 229,850, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,976.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro