505 CI alcohol motor building advice ? August 29, 2009 01:12AM
I want to build a 505 CI alcholol motor single charger (i was thinking of T18A95) changing the bore and stroke to run a shelf aluminum rod and 4.5 flat top piston with stock head(flat) with spark plug inserts where injector were! I am a machinist so i planned on making spacer to eliminated side clearance on the narrower aluminum rods. What kind of compression ratio do they run ? I know alot depends on amount of boost. Anyone have any experience doing something similiar to this and what problems will arise? thanks

Re: 505 CI alcohol motor building advice ? August 29, 2009 01:33AM
shelf rods are not going to be heavy enough for a 6 cylinders torque if ur a machinest build the rods 7075-t6 1 turbo 95 not big enough for full potential use a older pro stock turbo 4.4 or so. and flat top pistons with out a combustion chamber doesnt usually work the best. bultimier makes a combustion chamber plate and attaches it to the head hope this helps

Re: 505 CI alcohol motor building advice ? August 29, 2009 11:47AM
that is awesome advice thats what i was looking for! I wish i could see a pic of bultimier combustion plate you are talking about because i hadnt thought about that before. any other idea about compression ratio? If i did built my own rods would you use a thru bolt and if so what from? I know that if you use capscrew bolt you have a certain amount thread depth and/or interference in the threads ( cant remember the term) so the capscrews wont come loose in aluminum rods! Wasnt this a problem when custom pulling rods were first being made?

Re: 505 CI alcohol motor building advice ? August 30, 2009 04:23AM
Put 4 automotive sized ARP bolts per cap intead of the 2 big ones Ag OEM's use. As long as you have enough thread engagement (I'd go with 2x bolt diameter min) you should be fine.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009