Model 100 Differences February 06, 2022 12:00PM
Question for you all. I've been watching a lot of videos of guys running rotary pumps because I've been debating building a "farm stock." I've noticed that some have a different sound, like a constant to to to to to to when they're going down the track. Others are just smooth and steady the whole time. They all seem to make really good power though. My question is what makes those tractors make that sound, and is it just noise or do they have a competitive advantage one way or the other? I wasn't sure if different shops made their pumps differently and that's why they sound different or what the case was. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Re: Model 100 Differences February 06, 2022 12:47PM
The sound you’re hearing is the governor working in the pump, (defueling to stay under set RPM limit) everybody sets up their governors a little differently. The tractors that you hear bouncing off the governor repeatedly have a more aggressive setup (springs and weights). Them pumps will normally fuel to a higher RPM but they have to shut down fueling more abruptly causing that sound and that action.

Re: Model 100 Differences February 11, 2022 11:08AM
Are more aggressive governor setups better suited for open or mph classes then? And who do you all recommend to buy from or have freshen up a model 100?

Re: Model 100 Differences February 11, 2022 02:34PM
Fair valley performance is building a lot of top running m100 pumps right now. Dennis and crew have alway been top of line when is comes to governors in all fuel pumps. I would give them a call and tell them what you plan to run and they will guide you in the right direction. As a rule a very aggressive pump has less Drivability then a milder pump. In a mph class, it will be more difficult to ‘feather’ the throttle for you desired speed.

Re: Model 100 Differences February 09, 2022 09:40AM
Depends also what Farmstock shave you been watching. Also cam setups and how a tractor is set will make a difference too. Farmstock rules are very different from state to state to associations to brush pulls lots of variables in the rules

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,686, Posts: 229,788, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason