engine stand February 12, 2022 02:22PM
looking at building an engine stand I like twisters but they are a little pricey and I've tried to call them with no call back so I was wondering if anyone has a "must have feature " before I get started thanks in advance

Re: engine stand February 12, 2022 03:41PM
I built my own for less than 200 from recycled items from a salvage yard..pretty easy if you can weld

Re: engine stand February 12, 2022 05:09PM
I too built my own engine stand. Found a deep reduction gearbox and some round and square tubing. Mine is specific for the IH 466 side mount and IH 4 speed transmission, although I have hung many different ag engines on it. I dont have any bearings in the swivel just a pipe that slides inside of another and grease fittings.

Re: engine stand February 13, 2022 02:50AM
what kind of gearbox did you use? Been told to use one off a manure spreader

Re: engine stand February 13, 2022 03:44AM
Combine final drives (off older, smaller models) work well.

Re: engine stand February 13, 2022 06:37AM
Twisters are expensive but after doing countless projects the hard way I just wrote the check and bought one. It will outlast me. My helpers really enjoy it.

Re: engine stand February 14, 2022 01:55AM
1066puller,

Sorry for no response. Not sure when you tried to call and we did not answer. Best time to call is 8-5 Monday-Friday eastern time zone. Yes we know that they are starting to get pricey and we did not want to raise prices, but with material and labor prices going up we had to raise them. We will be at farm show this week. Stop by and talk. Also for anyone on the fence about getting one, unfortunately we are having another price increase on March 1st. As long as you order before the end of the month you can beat the price increase. Also we are at about a 6 week lead time on them.

Thank you and if you have any questions call 812-663-8567 and ask for Kenny.

Re: engine stand February 14, 2022 12:17PM
Times 2 on the twister.

Re: engine stand February 14, 2022 12:35PM
I've seen a few of the otc brands sell very reasonable on the gov planet site the military surplus auction site.only problem is thier located anywhere

Re: engine stand February 16, 2022 05:38AM
the twister stands are a great product use mine frequently along with there splitting stands

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,646, Posts: 229,713, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520