Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 01:39PM
Time to split up the fuels Smiling

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 01:50PM
Here we go with this dead horse again.

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 02:03PM
Consider either taking a joke and lightening up... or consider eating crow and admitting you were wrong....

Either way an ALL diesel finals is a huge surprise to everyone.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 02:08PM
Wrong about what exactly? I really didn’t express much of an opinion other than the topic being run ragged every time a diesel shows ability to compete.

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 02:26PM
If you don't like the topic why post? If you think it's a dead horse why post?

Seems to me that the only people who would have a problem with my JOKE are people who don't get JOKES (maybe that's you) or people who said diesels couldn't run with the alkies (maybe that's you). I don't what camp you're in... that's why I said or.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 02:56PM
I posted because it is my opinion that this topic has been hashed over so much there isn’t much to talk about anymore, after all you posted it in hopes of getting some type of response.

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 03:23PM
Beat that horse, beat that horse, beat that horse…. Right Jake Grinning

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 03:08PM
Short track and heavy sled. The pass made by Ross was in the sand so you can’t say bad sled setting. He put 20 foot on the rest. The other 5 smokers were with in 10 feet of each other.

How bout dem 6 diesels February 18, 2022 01:40PM
Congratulations to Ross’s that was a heck of a pass

Re: How bout dem 6 diesels February 18, 2022 02:11PM
Fat fingers. I meant to hit thumbs up for congratulations to Ross's pass!

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 01:59PM
Did they weigh the same??

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 02:11PM
Railbird
Did they weigh the same??

Unless I’m mistaken, diesels are allowed 200 extra for the smoke pipe.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 02:51PM
And spot them 110 cu.in

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 03:31PM
Pretty premature to assume anything....Breaking it down and being realistic:
1. The closest Chizek tractor was hard on the brakes. Hurt momentum.
2. Other Chizek tractor totally missed weight and bounced hard The whole way.
3. No disrespect, Lustik's tractor seems like it has been slipping off its game the past several years. (Maybe trying something new, I don't know). Again no disrespect to them.
4. GALOT blew up mid track, was hard to miss that if you actually watched the show.
5. Fully Loaded is always a toss up, it either runs or it doesnt. Tonight it didn't run just like the past several times that I've seen it at Louisville.
6. Again no disrespect on this one, but Micek's tractor just didn't perform. No where near the wheel speed it needed and just sounded like it didn't have the mustar like all the other top running alcohols in the country.

So really all in all this was not a good comparison and the first comment that started this thread was a bit smug, especially if you actually watched the pull and I know you did. Now if everyone would have been on their game it would have been split 3 and 3.

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 03:50PM
IT WAS A JOKE!

One the bright side: now I know that many of you don't get jokes (which kinda makes me laugh more)

My pre-pull pick was 4 diesel and 2 alky to the finals with Josh winning the finals. Not in a million years did anyone think a diesel sweep. Nobody. Why? Because everyone expected it to be 3 vs 3 or 4 alkies vs 2 diesels. It was a perfect storm hence the joke. Nobody is making any definitive statement about anything, and yeah we know there were circumstances that kept the alkies from the finals, that's what makes it a joke. You guys really need to lighten up, we're not doing Neurosurgery... we're pulling tractors, put your feet up and enjoy it a laugh a little.

Congrats to Colin for a Monster pass.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 04:09PM
To preface this. I totally get your joke Jake. But onto the discussion, Collin's pass wasn't really all that great from a driver/technical standpoint in maneuvering down the track. He really outpowered the field there to achieve the distance. Great job nonetheless! He really earned it. Just not from a "monster pass" but from the engineering work to make it happen.

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 04:04PM
So, I will say this playing that game. Red Horse would have won last time if the smoke pipe would not have failed…

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 04:20PM
Premature
Pretty premature to assume anything....Breaking it down and being realistic:
1. The closest Chizek tractor was hard on the brakes. Hurt momentum.
2. Other Chizek tractor totally missed weight and bounced hard The whole way.
3. No disrespect, Lustik's tractor seems like it has been slipping off its game the past several years. (Maybe trying something new, I don't know). Again no disrespect to them.
4. GALOT blew up mid track, was hard to miss that if you actually watched the show.
5. Fully Loaded is always a toss up, it either runs or it doesnt. Tonight it didn't run just like the past several times that I've seen it at Louisville.
6. Again no disrespect on this one, but Micek's tractor just didn't perform. No where near the wheel speed it needed and just sounded like it didn't have the mustar like all the other top running alcohols in the country.

So really all in all this was not a good comparison and the first comment that started this thread was a bit smug, especially if you actually watched the pull and I know you did. Now if everyone would have been on their game it would have been split 3 and 3.

Excuses, excuses. Let me try:

1. LA Mayor Eric Garcetti says he didn't breathe when having his picture taken maskless with Magic Johnson with a mask mandate, so it's ok.
Reports are he's been slipping off its game the past several years.

2. San Francisco Mayor London Breed says she was "feeling the spirit" dancing maskless in a bar with a city-wide mask mandate.
She blew up mid track, was hard to miss that if you actually watched the show.

3. Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot maskless at basketball game and other places with a city-wide mask mandate.
She just didn't perform, and just sounded like she didn't have the mustard.

4. Georgia Governor Stacey Abrams read book to masked children at GA school. She was the only one without a mask and demanded kids wear one.
She totally missed weight and bounced hard The whole way.

5. Washington DC Mayor Muriel Bowser caught maskless while officiating a wedding, violating her own mandate.
She's always a toss up, either runs or doesnt. Tonight didn't run just like the past several times

6. To keep it Louisville-related, Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer caught maskless at KY Derby despite mandate and urging everyone going to the event to mask up just one week prior.
Observers say he was was hard on the brakes. Hurt momentum.

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 06:20PM
Each dog has it's day, any tractor can win any time,excuses for anyone is just called Life in the fast Lane, grow a pair, pull up your panties, put on your big girl-bot booties !!!!!!!! Silver bullet has not ran well,(consistently) since the new wrap. LOL

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 09:02PM
Great Joke. Laughed so hard I had to take some oxygen as I thought I was going to pass out. Jake should be at the Improv. Diesel vs. Alcohol, maybe instead of sniffing the fumes you should drink the hooch.

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 19, 2022 01:14AM
The excuse of chizek on the break is funny. Pretty sure Ross just about broke off is right break pedal!!

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 18, 2022 09:41PM
The Micek tractor is a 504 cubic inch state level tractor
The track was tight and wasn’t much to get ahold of for the first 50-60 feet
And was not an alky fast turning wheel speed track
Another point most probably missed is the ones on Mitas tires were at the bottom of the running order

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 19, 2022 12:30AM
mitas tires won the class. gas burners stepped on their dicks.

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 19, 2022 12:33AM
5 diesel tractors made solid passes 1 made a great pass
3 alky tractors had issues

The three most impressive tractors from a power standpoint were Ross and the 2 Chezik tractors. Josh would have been right with Colin if he could have kept it off the line and not had to let off of it. Terry ended up on the right side where there was no track. It was a fun class to watch and it is clear there is still only one diesel with the correct mentality to run with the alky’s.

Re: Diesel vs. Alcohol February 19, 2022 02:13AM
Bone Twister went down the Right side as well. They all pull on the same Track and watch the Everyone in front of them. No excuses. Hats off to Smokers.

Not a joke February 19, 2022 01:28AM
Go back to a 300’ track and combine the class. Outdoors on longer tracks the alkies have the momentum advantage, as exhibited this past summer there are going to be outdoor tracks that favor a diesel set up. Hats off to the Ross family they accepted a challenge and have been awesome to watch! I really think a 300’ track levels the playing field!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520