Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 19, 2022 12:26PM
Just from a fan stand point why so many prostock. They pull pretty much every night. Like to see an extra round of Lim pro and light limited pro. I feel like you get lower level prostock and you could get better tractors/more competitive tractors out of limited pro/light limited. Just a thought

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 19, 2022 01:12PM
Exactly, been sayn that for yrs, they need to drop at least 2 if not 3 sessions of pro stock.

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 19, 2022 01:14PM
Right
Exactly, been sayn that for yrs, they need to drop at least 2 if not 3 sessions of pro stock.

Nah.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 19, 2022 02:00PM
Lower level Pros are still way more entertaining. I would rather see a class of 12 minis than more of any class of lights or limiteds. Why aren't mini rods there?

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 19, 2022 02:12PM
I am surprise there are no minis but quality of tractors I think would really increase

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 19, 2022 03:37PM
I would rather them drop 2 we trucks and add 2 more pro stock classes

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 20, 2022 12:32AM
You apparently don’t know what good competition is. That’s the best in the country. There’s a reason why there 4 classes.

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 19, 2022 03:47PM
Can all of you complain about something more? I mean I am shocked that no one has asked why the llss class was not there. Look, go ask the NFMS why they have the classes that they have at THEIR pull.

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 19, 2022 03:49PM
if u watched farm show pulls this weekend. you would know why it is the way it is and we wouldn't have to deal with shear idiocy after every pull

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2022 04:18PM by John Murray.

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 20, 2022 12:56AM
Couple things
1. The “their pull” yes it is. But guess who is most important out of the whole deal. The fans! No fans no sponsors, this form is about a simple question and some people seem to get offended by it. Just a question. The farm show is doing great but always room for improvement or looking ahead.

2. Personal I felt like 1/2 of the prostock where top notch tractors grandnation type tractors. And other half where good but not able to compete with their level. After watching the super farm finals to me that’s what makes the farm show special. Every class is determined by inches, not 15-20ft spread. All the tractors there where good but my personal thought is it would bring tighter more intense competition.

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 20, 2022 03:04AM
Who is working on Simon’s Pro’s they run real strong and had a different sound to them ,didn’t know if it was still Boyds setup

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 20, 2022 03:57AM
Well considering Boyd’s wrench went to go work for Simon’s. Hence the reason boyds are getting out of pulling.

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 20, 2022 04:03AM
Shannon and Brad work on the blower motors, not the Pro Stocks.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 20, 2022 03:23PM
They need to take out the Pro stock class Saturday afternoon and put the Limited Pro's in and add either the Mini's, another Modified class, or another Modified 4x4 class.

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 20, 2022 03:46PM
Only comment on the noise classes is the Halls are full of people when 2wds run Thursday night. Just kinda make you wonder how many people want more noise. I like the minis but also see big picture. Maybe if they consider changing the pull they could do something like pullers championship and do fan vote on top classes and would take it into consideration.

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 20, 2022 11:34PM
Put all the noise classes on sat afternoon then we can skip that session

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 20, 2022 11:52PM
Everyone (meaning the ppl who bring it up on this page) complain about the noise classes……and yet you go? It’s called variety. If you don’t have variety, it’d be a very short show don’t you think?

I believe if there’s to be a shake up, it could be the loss of the SSD 4X4 class. They’re having problems fielding the class for multiple reasons - too short of track for them to open up. Hard to maneuver them around with the tractors, can’t field a class without the single charger trucks coming in…. If you bring in the minis, that requires another sled obviously. If you add a second class of any other that classes currently have only one session, then they’d have to add them to the finals on Saturday.

So, do you bring another sled for one class of minis? Do you run PSD 4x4 (which would open up numbers)? Please don’t say LLSS Eye Rolling

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 21, 2022 12:21AM
With all the automotive manufacturing in that area, the truck classes must have some draw.

Re: Why so many pro stocks at NFMS February 21, 2022 11:37AM
Brad was a tech at George H. Dunn in Farmer City Illinois. He is very capable of working on one if he needs to. Had a '66 series local farm puller to back in the day. Shannon and Brad are some good people and top hands.

Why Change Anything??? February 21, 2022 12:23AM
Why change anything? Saturday night was sold out and Friday was close to sold out. Seems like the changes they made are working??

Re: Why Change Anything??? February 21, 2022 12:36AM
It may been sold out but there was plenty of open seats. I was in person Friday night and watched live Saturday night

Re: Why Change Anything??? February 21, 2022 12:40AM
People will complain about anything....the pro stock class is a crowd favorite. There's a reason there were so many of them at the NFMS and a reason why they were the final class on Saturday night. Put TWD trucks last and the crowd would have left before the final class started. If you have such a problem with the pull don't go.

Re: Why Change Anything??? February 21, 2022 08:09AM
Seemed like the show went about as well as it could have. I did notice the concessions prices jumped pretty considerably, but what hasn't.

I'm interested to see how they're going to get the semi's in/out/around the track for the MATS pull in March. If they have trouble with the 4wd trucks, this will be interesting.

I actually thought they might've brought Lee Greenwood back for the Finals this year since they had to cancel last year for Covid.

Re: Why Change Anything??? February 21, 2022 08:14AM
I think they are going to back them in.

Re: Why Change Anything??? February 21, 2022 01:10PM
They are pulling the opposite direction for MATS, so it makes sense. This is probably the reason for pulling the opposite direction.

Re: Why Change Anything??? February 21, 2022 08:42AM
Same thing with LLSS at 6000lbs, Horsepark had plenty of perticapation and all different brands represented.

Re: Why Change Anything??? February 21, 2022 08:13AM
Fan 2.0
It may been sold out but there was plenty of open seats. I was in person Friday night and watched live Saturday night

Rhetorical question: If there’s a sellout, do empty seats change the gross revenue generated from ticket sales?
Not merch, not beer sales, not concessions. Just money from tickets.

A sold-out event is great news—regardless of how many seats have butts in them. People buy tickets and don’t attend for a variety of reasons, but it doesn’t change that it sold out.

John Murray

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Why Change Anything??? February 21, 2022 08:47AM
John Murray

Rhetorical question: If there’s a sellout, do empty seats change the gross revenue generated from ticket sales?
Not merch, not beer sales, not concessions. Just money from tickets.

A sold-out event is great news—regardless of how many seats have butts in them. People buy tickets and don’t attend for a variety of reasons, but it doesn’t change that it sold out.

I attended an event at Lucas Oil Stadium earlier this year (not a Colts game). Was advised by a friend who had spoken to someone with the sponsoring organization that they only get the revenue if the ticket is actually scanned. I cannot vouch for that, and even if true, that doesn't mean that's the same deal with the KY Fair and Exposition Center, but fwiw that may be one way this is handled.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2022 08:48AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Why Change Anything??? February 21, 2022 01:30PM
The Original Michael
I attended an event at Lucas Oil Stadium earlier this year (not a Colts game). Was advised by a friend who had spoken to someone with the sponsoring organization that they only get the revenue if the ticket is actually scanned. I cannot vouch for that, and even if true, that doesn't mean that's the same deal with the KY Fair and Exposition Center, but fwiw that may be one way this is handled.

Sounds like an awful contractual agreement.

Say the capacity of Freedom Hall was 20,000 seats and tickets were $5 (for sake of simplicity). If only 10,000 people showed up, where does that other $50,000 go? Ticketmaster still gets their cut regardless, so why not all parties involved?

John Murray

Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,677, Posts: 229,779, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason