I am Glad. February 20, 2022 02:37PM
I'm glad there was a NFMS this year.

For all the ticky-tack problems that are overanalyzed and hashed and rehashed on this page. I am glad.
The right people are in the know of what needs to be done to make the improvements suggested. I am glad for that.

I am glad to see crowds of people gather again.

I am glad to see two sold-out shows Friday and Saturday night that reminded me of years past. I hope the sellouts of Wednesday and Thursday return too. For now Im glad of standing room only for two sessions.

I am glad to get to see pullers and fans visit in Broadbent in a more low-key and extended manner like they used to, when a visit during the heat of summer competition can be great, but brief and fleeting. I personally had some great meaningful conversations with pullers I otherwise wouldn't have had.

I am glad to get to inhale some diesel fumes laced with John Deere ether.

You really don't know how much you miss something until it is gone. Luckily for us the NFMS happened again, with no mask mandates, no vaccine cards, and a happy, hearty and healthy dose of America during the opening ceremonies of each pull session. I wish Lee Greenwood could be there in person each session.

I am glad.

PS/Edit - For the record, my views represent me and no one else's. I wish I could have heard the announcing better but like I said, its been noted. It was decent in some spots and indecipherable in others, I spent time at both ends and levels of Freedom Hall. Further, between Tuesday night and Saturday night I slept all of about 13 hours and would do it all over again and probably will in 2023..and looking forward to it. I missed the pull and show and glad it's back.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2022 02:58PM by Bryan Lively.

Re: I am Glad. February 20, 2022 03:06PM
Though we were not there, we watched it on line and I agree with your views. Ticky tack complaints are way over analyzed.

Re: I am Glad. February 21, 2022 12:44AM
NFMS put on a great show this year. Also just thankful to have been there watching a sport that I've enjoyed for many years. It was great to be around a crowd of people who enjoyed the sport as much as we all do on this page.

I hope that the people on here complaining about certain aspects of the show were able to set aside there small complaints and just enjoy the show. I'm just thankful to have seen the best truck and tractor pullers in the nation, in some pretty darn close competitions.

Re: I am Glad. February 21, 2022 04:21AM
This was the second time I have taken my 10 year son to both Saturday pulls! WOW!!! It's so amazing how they can keep the tractors moving around that small of a area. Everyone working that track, scraper drivers, roller drivers and these guys pulling the tractors in and out of the arena.....Awesome job!! Everyone kept the pull going and it went fast...I love seeing the diesels and alky burners run against each other! I think the alky guys didn't have the best luck maybe they could have with warmer temps out side to get those tractors more warmed up. Just my two cents....Colin Ross....You the man!! He was fired up when he hit that sand pile!! As far as I am concerned, it was worth every penny spent to see the show!!

P.S Not trying to be political, sign said coming in..Masks Required I didn't see anyone with one on!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! Maybe some who works in Government in Washington should come to a major pulling event and see what it's all about!! They may learn something....

Re: I am Glad. February 21, 2022 08:50AM
Imo-- thats not a good idea-- the WASHINGTON SWAMP has ruined everything else, --- let one of them see an smell the diesel/alcohol fumes and next thing you know we'll all be building an electric puller -- think about it --- not really meant to be funny !!!

Re: I am Glad. February 21, 2022 09:56AM
I thought the same thing, leave us good ole boyzz alone

Re: I am Glad. February 21, 2022 10:39AM
Older Fan

P.S Not trying to be political, sign said coming in..Masks Required I didn't see anyone with one on!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! Maybe some who works in Government in Washington should come to a major pulling event and see what it's all about!! They may learn something....

The left leaners are incapable of learning anything.

Re: I am Glad. February 21, 2022 11:16AM
Let's get back on topic.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: I am Glad. February 21, 2022 02:04PM
I agree with Dick, this thread was talk about the excitement and good moments of the week... how about Darryl Folz winning Wednesday night and Mr Don being able to be there to see! Very emotional but that's Louisville it just brings out those special moments like that

Re: I am Glad. February 21, 2022 11:39AM
I agree with you 100%. Can’t wait till 2023. I missed Leslie on Friday and Saturday. I thought the track was pretty tough. Really missed the diesel smoke and ether smell.

Re: I am Glad. February 22, 2022 07:42AM
I want to echo what Bryan said. It was so good to be back to the NFMS. It was the first time in 2 years that life seemed to get back to normal. The farm show was 99% back to the number of exhibitors. And the crowds were back to normal as well. And the pull itself was very well done. The sled settings were spot on from session to session. The PS class on Saturday night was as good as it gets. The combo class was strange to say the least. No way would anyone predict that 6 DSS would make the finals. While it was interesting to talk about I believe that it was not the best for the Saturday night finals. The TWD was also interesting, those Texas 2 wheelers certainly love the Louisville track,, and 3 DQs in the class was very unusual to say the least. And I won't comment on the sound system/announcing other than to say it's a shame that the best in the business were not able to provide information for the fans. All in all I thought that the NFMS was very entertaining.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2022 08:01AM by Dick Morgan.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,673, Posts: 229,771, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,944.

Our newest member Jason