Chizek and Blackbourne continue LSS dominance. February 21, 2022 01:47PM
Looks like Chizek and Blackbourne are back to schooling the LSS competition again in 2022. Congrats on a GREAT showing at NFMS. Looks like they put 35ft on the baddest part-time LSS in the country.

Re: Chizek and Blackbourne continue LSS dominance. February 22, 2022 12:18AM
Not to take anything away from the Blackbourne LSS's but the Whitworth team had 2 monster passes with their tractors also. The DQ run was headed to the sand with feet to spare.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Chizek and Blackbourne continue LSS dominance. February 22, 2022 12:38AM
I would hope they could beat a tractor with obvious problems, it sounded like it was only running on a few cylinders. Impressive they got as far as they did.

Re: Chizek and Blackbourne continue LSS dominance. February 22, 2022 02:01AM
It's called Life, any tractor can be on Top,any day, the next - not so much !

Re: Chizek and Blackbourne continue LSS dominance. February 22, 2022 02:30AM
What motors are in the Whitworth tractors? I know I have seen them on the Blackbourne dyno, but not sure what all Blackbourne components are on them.

On a separate note, who else would like to see a top notch diesel LSS run at Louisville on the short track? After seeing what happened in the Open class, I think it would be interesting to see.

Re: Chizek and Blackbourne continue LSS dominance. February 22, 2022 12:07PM
Diesel tractors would be great Since every one wants this in the heavy class

Re: Chizek and Blackbourne continue LSS dominance. February 22, 2022 02:33AM
Do Whitworth`s have red motors? In the finals the top four were built or influenced by Blacbourn`s. Supposedly the Whitworth tractors have been on Blackbourn`s dyno. It is going to take the Wi and New York billet block Ford`s to run at the top with Blackbourn`s creations.

Re: Chizek and Blackbourne continue LSS dominance. February 22, 2022 06:12PM
The carpet matches the drapes on Whitworth’s. Those two tractors made two of the most impressive runs of the farm show.

Re: Chizek and Blackbourne continue LSS dominance. February 23, 2022 12:41AM
Does Witworth do all their own tuning?

Re: Chizek and Blackbourne continue LSS dominance. February 24, 2022 01:01PM
Is this a new problem? One pass at a time is just about it. Wisconsin's own for the win.

Re: Chizek and Blackbourne continue LSS dominance. February 25, 2022 02:32AM
Heres the thing, not everyone " a few " but not everyone has multiple tractors on their team to share information, and another thing, this is what blackburns do for a living, so on Monday their checking everything over for the next pull whereas most others has a business or farm to tend to on Monday, just sayn, hard to beat a man that is that devoted and gets paid very nicely to keep Chizecks tractors goin.

Re: Chizek and Blackbourne continue LSS dominance. February 25, 2022 02:07AM
Congratulations to Blackbourn Racing Components. Josh and Terry have done something truly amazing in the LSS class over the last decade. It's not just their work for the Chizek team (huge congrats to Brian Korth on that as well), it's their work across the entire LSS class. They're program for the LSS class is so good that customers are happy to have tractors as close to Mike Chizek's as possible. Their program just works.

Does that mean they're untouchable? Nope, as has been mentioned, in my opinion Whitworth's were the cream of the crop at the NFMS as far as LSS HP was concerned. If Colton would have just touched the brake just a split second sooner he would have put it in the sand pile (and that's with riding the brake for half the track... one of my friends who was unhooking said you could feel a crazy amount of heat coming off the right brake when he unhooked Colton's tractor). Scott's tractor was on a perfect pass as well until it banged. Both those tractors had a good summer last season and they're going to be a team to keep an eye on this summer. If they can get consistency with that level of HP they'll really shake up that class.

The Commander tractor of Jason Hootman and Rex Kuhn also had a pretty good summer last season and spent the second half of the year doing nothing but winning events and the GN points. They didn't have the luck they wanted at the Farm Show but I wouldn't count them out this summer to keep pushing the pace at the top of the class.

There are other tractors out there that have the potential to shake things up as well... but the fact that we're looking for tractors that can hang with the Blackbourn Racing Components engines (Speiglebergs included) is a true testament to how impressive Josh and Terry's program is.

Side note: in the Heavy Super, the 6-cylinder HD tractor is the most impressive tractor the Mike Chizek owns. I'm actually surprised that Mike doesn't campaign two 6-cylinders in the heavy class to gain the much needed movable weight. I think HD probably would have hit the sand in the heavy class if Josh had hit the brake a split second sooner... I'm sure he and Colton would like a redo if they knew it was going to hook so hard to the left, but that's part of pulling.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Chizek and Blackbourne continue LSS dominance. February 25, 2022 02:16AM
It is part of pulling - to have a bad run, to have mechanical issues, -just plain make a wrong judgement or critical adjustment. And the Teams that are on Top, have a target on their back and others don't sit idle and let the winners go unchallenged. When is spring going to over take this cold wintry crap?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard