Grades for classes at the NFMS February 26, 2022 05:10AM
~Just a quick summary...nothing in detail...but I wanted to look back on how the pulls went last week and give a little review~

First I want to start by saying that I love the changes that the NFMS have made over the past few years...

1.Great classes from what it was years ago when I started going. Additions of LT PS, LM PS, and 2nd LSS Class have been great plus combining the SS classes.

2.Love the cheaper tickets/varied prices on seats they have now.

3.Dan Mayer and Miles are great announcing.

4.Shows have moved along great and no smoke tube problems.

5.The schedule is almost perfect now.

Now for My Overall Grades for the Classes this year at the NFMS

LT PS- A
Great Class and close competition with impressive running tractors...perfect sled setting. Plenty of other great Light Pros out there too.

PS- A
PS Finals was great and track was consistent for them...really good competition

SS- B
Don't Count out the Alkys next year...wish A&D HD would have made the finals to see how it would have went. Love the battle of the fuels.

Mod- B
Super Impressive to watch, hear, and feel indoors...wish they didn't have the breakage in the finals...hopefully get 12 tractors on the track next year

LSS- B
Top 4-5 in each class plus the finals saved the class from getting a worse grade...Love the RPMs and fun to watch.

SF- B
Good competition but could have done without having to watch a pulloff in the finals since it is not my favorite class but put on a decent show. Could go to 1 class.

LM PS- B-
Just felt like it was underwhelming for a couple reasons...still belongs at the show.

SSDFWD- B-
Top Trucks pulled early.....hopefully can get a full field of mostly true superstocks...I'd love to see a Duramax again. Short track is hard for em but it can still work.

FWD- C
Meh...just not my cup of tea...seems like track went away some on them to determine the rundown.

TWD- C-
Not a great showing this year from the TWD...Finals was horrible! Hate when I have to sit and watch lots of them at BG but don't normally mind them at the NFMS.

GOOD JOB TO EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THE FARM SHOW AND PULL!

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 26, 2022 05:21AM
Sound system F

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 26, 2022 06:02AM
Yes...the sound system could use improvement and I would love to have a nice leaderboard with distances.

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 26, 2022 10:22AM
Ps. A++ as always
Sf. A 2nd favorite class
SS A it was great to see all smoke final
Lt ps 4.1 B
Ssdfwd B
Lm ps c
Fed c
Mods b
Twd f but a a for the finals having 3 run out of bounds and one not making a full pull ( my least favorite class no matter where I go usually walk around during this class)
Sound system was a f- couldn’t understand anything but the signing so can’t even grade the announcers

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 27, 2022 09:55AM
Super Stock FWD = D+
This class is hampered by running on a short track. Only ten entries and nine official hooks brings down the grade, as well.

Modified FWD = C
Just average. Nearly ten feet between first and third--expected a tighter grouping.

Limited Pro Stock = C
Just as with the Light Pro Stocks, I enjoy the class but nothing stood out to me.

Light Pro Stock = C
I enjoy this class, but nothing really stood out to me.

Light Super Stock = C
This class struggled this year--was the warmer weather (for Louisville) a contributing factor? The Whitworths had great passes going for them--hated to see things end that way.

Modified Tractors = B-
Hated it for Berg. The storyline of 3 vs 4 made things interesting. Tough break for Gibson, but the right call, I believe.

Heavy Super Stock = B-
What a pass by Ross. Wow. Could the alcohol tractors performed better? Sure. But hey, that's tractor pulling. A few alcohol tractors in the finals would've made a better show.

Super Farm = B+
A little over 7.5 inches separating the top three on their first passes. The pulloff during the finals bumps the grade of this class up.

Super Modified TWD = A-
Jessie winning in his father's truck. The amount of finalists running out of bounds was an odd quirk. And here's a record that may never be broken: A pregnant driver winning the finals session.

Pro Stock Tractors = A
Tinker Toy winning at Louisville - check, R.J. Simon's first two passes on a Pro Stock - exceptional, Warpath in the Finals - always appreciated

OVERALL
B-

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 27, 2022 11:46AM
John. I agree with all of your ratings except for the Light Pro Stock class. I thought that they put on a B+ show. I would like to see them moved to an evening session. And I do agree that the SS combo class suffered from an all diesel finals.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 27, 2022 11:23AM
Why didnt Berg hook ?

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 27, 2022 11:30AM
I believe breakage from his test pass

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 27, 2022 12:06PM
Bret put on a new fuel system and either not a big enough fuel pump or something malfunctioned and leaned out two motors.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 27, 2022 12:12PM
I’d give the pull itself an overall A but an F- for sound and lack of scoreboard

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 28, 2022 01:26PM
Fantastic farm show pull this year!!! I have never headed home with so much anticipation for next years pull. Gonna give a couple thoughts on what was great and where i think there is room to make it even better.

Super Super impressed with sled settings! its not easy to be damn near perfect for 20 classes all weekend.

Well Oiled Machine... basically that term can be said for the whole show. No sled breakage, no smoke tube breakage. smooth smooth show!! things will eventually break and unforeseen situations will arise but they didnt this year and we should acknowledge how lucky we were to see such a flawless show.

the sheer quality and professionalism of the competing vehicles = completely astonishing. Absolute top notch extremely expensive meticulously prepared equipment. (Dont get me wrong i'm very concerned about the affordability of this sport) but its just the way it should be for the "super bowl" of this sport at the great NFMS.

Having extremely affordable ticket areas is much appreciated!

a specific prop needs to be given to the show the pro stock finals put on.

Some areas for improvement, not complaining just some thoughts that could improve an already great show.

2WD finals was the worst class pull i've ever seen. everyone was just stepping on their peters, obviously Mendi couldnt do that and had a great run congratulations! (nothing to fix here just one of those years, probly will be great next year)

A scoreboard. just a simple list of all pullers updated as each distance comes in. Not the old blue background that only had top 3. Because some classes take 4 or 6 to the finals and would be nice to have all the distances to easier follow the bump position.

Obviously the horrible muffled sound system needs replaced

Have Miles and Dan mayer as the ONLY announcers.

At this point in time it would be best to completely switch the sf and lt pro program. Wayyyyy more lt pro that are absolute top notch NFMS worthy vehicles than there are sf. Dont freak out sf fans im not ragging on your class or suggesting they shouldt be there, it just makes sense with volume of quality highly competitive vehicles it would be best to get 2 classes and a finals for the amazing powerful machines that are lt pro

turn off the bright lights pointing towards the crowd. crowd should be dark and track very bright.

consider getting rid of driver introductions. not really a problem but dont think it really adds anything kinda boring for the average person in the stands

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 27, 2022 02:33PM
1st of all you guys giving grades to pullers putting on a show for you is comical. If you don't like it don't go it's that simple like a puller said years ago the show will go on just fine.. It's obvious you don't have any clue what you're watching. All classes A+++ in my opinion and I pull so I do know what I'm watching. I believe they need to cut ProStocks down to 3 sessions and only bring top runners instead of every one in the country. It's turned into the college bowl selection. Build one or buy one before complaining. D grade for any class just shows you have NONE.

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 28, 2022 12:57AM
Just to keep you in the loop this is a message board where people express their opinions. You're pretty quick to take someone's right away to have an opinion. And I have to say that you hit the height of hypocrisy when you told people not to have an opinion yet you want them to go down to 3 Pro Stock classes. If you don't like 4 PS classes stay home, just saying

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2022 12:59AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 28, 2022 02:04PM
Dick Morgan
Just to keep you in the loop this is a message board where people express their opinions. You're pretty quick to take someone's right away to have an opinion. And I have to say that you hit the height of hypocrisy when you told people not to have an opinion yet you want them to go down to 3 Pro Stock classes. If you don't like 4 PS classes stay home, just saying

Well DICK you're giving grades to the pullers and not the show itself and yes it offends me. The show is dictated by sled settings and track preparation and I understand why you wouldn't state that as a problem. I was not throwing the pullers under the bus like you and John Murray but stating there is too many Pro Stock tractors invited to the pull and I have no idea what to replace some of sessions with. Even a expert like yourself knows there is too many Prostocks invited to the NFMS.

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 28, 2022 02:25PM
Just Saying
Well DICK you're giving grades to the pullers and not the show itself and yes it offends me. The show is dictated by sled settings and track preparation and I understand why you wouldn't state that as a problem. I was not throwing the pullers under the bus like you and John Murray but stating there is too many Pro Stock tractors invited to the pull and I have no idea what to replace some of sessions with. Even a expert like yourself knows there is too many Prostocks invited to the NFMS.

The topic is about the Grades for CLASSES at the Farm Show. If that upsets you, there are other topics that you can peruse and comment upon. As George Carlin said about a Reverend who heard something he didn't like on the radio.

"Imagine that, Reverend: You can actually change the station."

It's not my intention to denigrate any of the pullers--you have me mistaken on that part--but at the same time, I'm not going to blow smoke and say that everything was perfect either. Folks miss their set-ups, equipment fails...that's just part of pulling. People have opinions...that's just part of society. I tell you what, if we ever run into each other at an event sometime, I'll buy you a beer. How's that sound?

John Murray

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 28, 2022 02:31AM
Just Saying
1st of all you guys giving grades to pullers putting on a show for you is comical. If you don't like it don't go it's that simple like a puller said years ago the show will go on just fine.. It's obvious you don't have any clue what you're watching. All classes A+++ in my opinion and I pull so I do know what I'm watching. I believe they need to cut ProStocks down to 3 sessions and only bring top runners instead of every one in the country. It's turned into the college bowl selection. Build one or buy one before complaining. D grade for any class just shows you have NONE.

You know what I got out of your post? Wah, wah, wah.

I did and do like the show — that’s why I go every year. And I will be going back next year. A B- for the show is a fair grade. What’s comical is you believing you have to be a participant to have a valid opinion. You tell me you don’t share your political opinions with your buddies? If you’re not a former president, you better not say a word about our Commander-in-Chief. Save the holier-than-thou mindset for someone else.

John Murray

Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2022 02:33AM by John Murray.

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 27, 2022 03:43PM
Entertaining to see others thoughts/perceptions. After no Louisville in 2021 the whole affair gets an A from me. Large crowds, one of the best collections of pulling iron in one place, efficiently run, open pits. Sitting 3/4 way to the top in 4 sessions my small critiques would be: *Sound. *No scoreboard (this is the 'super bowl of pulling' some say), no good reason not to have capability to list top 3 during each class. *T-shirts, who doesn’t like free ones? The parachute drop was neat. Why couldn't the folks on the gantry walk the length of it instead of standing in the same spot each session? Spread the joy. *Have enough air for the t-shirt guns so the they can be used in Sat nite session. Take a couple shots straight up (90 degrees from track orientation) so as to get a few t-shirts up as high as possible. Piddly stuff, yes. Looking forward to NFMS 2023.

Re: Grades for classes at the NFMS February 28, 2022 08:23AM
The super bowl of pulling is Bowling Green but your point is still valid

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,704, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro