Enclosed trailer choices February 26, 2022 03:34PM
Looking into different options to pull the tractor this summer. Anyone have an opinion on a gooseneck enclosed vs a semi. 3/4 ton is always pretty nice to drive. Never more than a few hours from home. Are the gooseneck trailers heavy enough for a pro stock

Re: Enclosed trailer choices February 27, 2022 06:02AM
I pulled a 12000 lb. tractor around over 3 states for years with a 3/4 ton and gooseneck it’s easier to get around

Re: Enclosed trailer choices February 27, 2022 07:11AM
Depends on trailer brand, some have heavy built floors, some trailers are built cheap.
Lot of difference of trailer built to haul 3000 Lbs car vs 10000 lbs tractor.
Don't bother looking at enclosed trailers going for $5000
Pay attention to what is has for floor crossmembers and trailer frame.

Re: Enclosed trailer choices March 06, 2022 12:59PM
Neighbor has one that’s tall enough inside but the door isn’t. I think you call it a stacker. Anyone made the opening bigger in the center for the cage to fit. Not sure how you would do it.

Re: Enclosed trailer choices February 27, 2022 11:12PM
I just bought a Haulmark enclosed gooseneck for my truck we'll see how it does. You're right the 1 ton pickup is a lot nicer to drive than a semi and a 53' van

Re: Enclosed trailer choices February 28, 2022 04:38AM
Pulled a H & H 40' enclosed. with a one ton for a few years, then bought a freightliner toter. Much better control with the toter. About the same mileage loaded. 19000 loaded trailer.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,737, Posts: 229,873, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM