Magnum weights February 27, 2022 10:30AM
I'd like to see some pictires of how people secure magnum weights for pulling. With a much shorter notch to hang on I fear loosing them would be easy.

Re: Magnum weights February 28, 2022 01:45AM
Try not to use those. You have good reason to fear losing them. I have broken them in the field. What stopped that was tying them together with threaded rod through the top handles with a flat piece of 3/8"s steel on each end. I have not broken any since doing that, but that wouldn't be very handy for a pulling application. And if you put them on the front and happen to drop the front end hard, I am not sure that would even take care of it. Mine broke right at that notch you are referring to.

Re: Magnum weights February 28, 2022 04:42AM
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I don't like the look of them and the way they hang. I thought of actually hanging them by the hand notch or something. I'm low on IH weights and may find a spot on the belly bracket for a permanent weight and secure with rods/bolts and use the IH weights to move around.

Re: Magnum weights March 01, 2022 01:18PM
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I don't like the look of them and the way they hang. I thought of actually hanging them by the hand notch or something. I'm low on IH weights and may find a spot on the belly bracket for a permanent weight and secure with rods/bolts and use the IH weights to move around.

If you are going to hang them permanently through the handle, that would probably be ok. How many IH 100 pounders do you need? I have just a few.

Re: Magnum weights March 02, 2022 03:12PM
Thanks for the offer, but no cash at this point for weights.

Re: Magnum weights March 03, 2022 01:08AM
I ran 10 magnum weights on the nose for years with no problem. Just take a hammer and break the oddball sliver off. They will hang right on a factory IH bracket after that. Used to launch 3-4 feet in the air every hook. Never lost one or broke one. I’ve seen a lot of them on the rear of tractors too. Probably a lot smoother ride back there and they are not as visible if you don’t like the appearance. Very easy to bolt on back there as well

Re: Magnum weights March 03, 2022 03:17AM
Thanks for your reply. Not sure what the odd ball silver deal is your talking about, but glad to here they will hang successfully. I was just worried with the 1" notch they could be more problematic and jump off. Thanks

Re: Magnum weights March 03, 2022 11:25AM
These are the ones I am referring too.

[www.bing.com]

Re: Magnum weights March 04, 2022 01:48AM
I agree completely with supertiquer that those look pretty risky. Mine were kinda that shape but they were designed to slide on from the side. Had a odd looking multiple slot setup but by breaking a little sliver out it allowed me to hand them on my front bar. I bought them at auction, they said they were for a magnum but they didn’t look like that.

Re: Magnum weights March 04, 2022 04:41AM
IT IS HARD TO BEAT THE OLD STYLE IH WEIGHTS, MOST USE THEM, FOUR INCH X1/2 SLOT,AND THEY STILL CAN COME OFF. lol

Re: Magnum weights March 04, 2022 02:26PM
Proshawnss, Yeah I think they made about 4 different styles for the Magnums. The ones I showed the link to are the original Magnum weights from the original Magnum tractors. And those are the ones I broke in the field. After I found out I broke them I called the shop foreman at our local dealership and he told me that it was a common problem and that I'd better find where I lost them. I said to him "ya think?" lol Well, I did find them and no harm was done to any other machinery. I got VERY lucky on that!

Re: Magnum weights March 05, 2022 03:13AM
Never lost or broke one pulling or traveling, at indoor pulls if they turn too sharp moving me around they snap them off, because they are out so far.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,674, Posts: 229,773, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,077, Posts: 225,946.

Our newest member Jason