Antique pullers February 28, 2022 12:46PM
Looking at pictures from the Princeton qualifying round for NATPA a couple antique tractors have a bicycle or similar wheel under the tractor riding on the ground… what’s the reason?

Re: Antique pullers February 28, 2022 12:48PM
Speed monitoring. Antique classes are regulated by mph.

Re: Antique pullers March 01, 2022 12:01AM
Are GPS speedometers just as accurate ?

Re: Antique pullers March 01, 2022 01:47AM
Yes but don’t work indoors

Re: Antique pullers March 01, 2022 04:01AM
the wheel is a pretty good setup helpful when there isn't a speedboard in use to keep speed in check. Some use a radar and a Calc an acre monitor. There wasn't a speedboard at Princeton so it was an important tool for not getting a speed dq. GPS outdoors works of course but latency can be an issue.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Antique pullers March 01, 2022 07:30AM
The only two times I have been DQ'd it was for speed with my newly installed wheel driven speedometer, so I took it off. I am sure I could have gotten used to it, but I found myself watching the readout when I should have been watching the track. Lots of people use them, but I have not used one since then.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520