World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 10, 2022 12:36AM
Very excited to see Bill Bader involved with pulling.

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 10, 2022 01:14AM
Being to this facility for multiple events, I can say that without a doubt, this will be a pull not to miss. Always entertained snd feel we’ve gotten our money’s worth at Norwalk. If you can get there, get there.

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 10, 2022 03:04AM
They announced that there will be concerts after the pulls. No idea who yet but that's an exciting idea. This event appears to be Lucas Oils version of Bowling Green. Will it get the attendance numbers they hope for? I know I'm going

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 10, 2022 01:46PM
Anyone ever go to a race there ?,what's the campground scene like ?,similar to bg or not ?

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 10, 2022 10:23PM
Norwalk is much like bowling green, just not near as many electric hookups, the west side of the track has electric options but they are kinda limited. Otherwise, the Bader family will put on a show like nothing you've ever seen before! Bring your dollar for a pound of ice cream and hope like hell there is a signature Bader fireworks show in the evening... years of growing up at that track drag-racing it still always impresses me every show they put on.... no two shows are alike!

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 11, 2022 01:52AM
They plan to have concerts/live music and firework shows throughout the weekend.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 11, 2022 09:45AM
Campground buggys are ok then ??
Any yt vids of the campgrounds ??

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 12, 2022 05:02AM
just a single track though right? not enough room for two wide???

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 12, 2022 09:47AM
I'm assuming that the track will be installed on the asphalt? If so I would think the success of the event will depend somewhat of how the track shapes up...that could be tricky.

S'no Farmer

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 12, 2022 02:46PM
Jim Miller is in charge of the track, soooo.....

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 13, 2022 01:42AM
Jim Miller is the best in the business when it comes to building a track. Hands down. Great work Jim.

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 13, 2022 07:06AM
Jim is as good as they get, I'm very surprised he would work a PPL event.

S'no Farmer

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 13, 2022 07:48AM
Jim’s been working the Farley pull and some other PPL hooks as well

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 13, 2022 02:06PM
I did not know that...I need to get out more! They say you can remain silent and be thought ignorant or speak and remove all doubt...I'm good at that!

S'no Farmer

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 13, 2022 03:34PM
I dont know the guy at all but all ive ever heard about all the PPL events is how bad the tracks are, then everyone on this post is talking about how great a track builder he is, so which is correct ? Just wondering not trying to start an argument !!!!

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 13, 2022 04:14PM
Jim builds a lot of the NTPA tracks and the only PPL track he currently helps with that I'm aware of is Farley.

Brent Yaron

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 19, 2022 02:16PM
I know Jim Miller is great at what he does… But any event where temporary dirt has to be brought in makes it almost impossible to have a “good” track, regardless of who is doing the prep work. The good tracks around the country have been worked on and weathered in for years. I’m sure it’ll be a fine show; but I’m worried it’ll be a loose track with huge dirt piles…and then with PPL’s dumb 2-chain rule, they’ll spend half their time digging out the second chain to un-hook vehicles like they do for OSTPA pulls all summer.

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 21, 2022 04:25AM
Skeptical
I know Jim Miller is great at what he does… But any event where temporary dirt has to be brought in makes it almost impossible to have a “good” track, regardless of who is doing the prep work. The good tracks around the country have been worked on and weathered in for years. I’m sure it’ll be a fine show; but I’m worried it’ll be a loose track with huge dirt piles…and then with PPL’s dumb 2-chain rule, they’ll spend half their time digging out the second chain to un-hook vehicles like they do for OSTPA pulls all summer.

This comment is a bit off the rails. Sure tracks that use natural dirt are great. However, have you been to Bowling Green? That dirt is hauled in the week before the pull, and then torn up and taken out after. NFMS, it's hauled in. Same with all the other indoor pulls.

I'm not going to start an argument about what the best track is but between BG and the NFMS for example your point that hauling in dirt to build a track doesn't work is totally false.

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 21, 2022 09:48AM
The dirts hauled in to bg ??

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 21, 2022 11:22AM
Yeah, I'm wondering how they can grow wheat on dirt that is hauled in the week before.

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 21, 2022 11:34AM
patches
they haul in sawdust and incorporate it into parent soil plus a dose of water with Pine Sol

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 22, 2022 01:01AM
Bryan Lively

they haul in sawdust and incorporate it into parent soil plus a dose of water with Pine Sol

They haul in truck loads of dirt as well."Tractor pulling dirt" as the blue shirts say. You are correct on the saw dust and pine sol. When they work the track during the event the scraper tractor that appears to be spraying water on the track is actually putting water and pine sol on the track.

But yes there is some natural BG dirt, and some that is hauled in. As far as growing wheat on that track that's absolutely not true.

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 22, 2022 01:23AM
Thanks Andy for clarifying, I have been on site before and watched the sawdust get folded in but not any additional soil.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 13, 2022 04:34PM
I have not been this excited about a pulling event in 30 years! I have attended many drag racing events at Norwalk and never ever been disappointed. The Bader family does nothing halfa$$! I've longed for seeing pulling back on the "big stage" like the dome/stadium era of pulling and this is the chance for this sport to do that again at this facility. It is up to the competitors and fans to support this event in every way possible no matter what your organization you normally hook with or attend. I have zero doubt the track won't be anything but premium with Jim Miller building it. I can not say enough good things about how the Bader family treats their guest ( fans) and the above and beyond quality of the show they provide. Not only do I hope but I pray this event turns into a huge success!!!!

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 14, 2022 01:15AM
Be nice to see LLSS there !!! Would be a huge turnout !!!

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 16, 2022 01:24AM
I would love to see llss there too, along with all champions tour classes, light pro and 4.1 limited, and ppl hot farm, and even 8500 limited pro. If they want to call it the world series of pulling they need to have ALL ppl classes. This would really set them apart from bowling green as far as quality of show. If they just have the champions tour then it would just be like any other gn pull. I know its alot of classes but if they get 2 tracks with multiple sessions it can be done, and most classes don't need to be pulled more than once either.

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 16, 2022 05:58AM
walk the walk if you talk the talk
I would love to see llss there too, along with all champions tour classes, light pro and 4.1 limited, and ppl hot farm, and even 8500 limited pro. If they want to call it the world series of pulling they need to have ALL ppl classes. This would really set them apart from bowling green as far as quality of show. If they just have the champions tour then it would just be like any other gn pull. I know its alot of classes but if they get 2 tracks with multiple sessions it can be done, and most classes don't need to be pulled more than once either.

I respect your opinion so don't take this as an attack on you or the classes you were talking about.

My opinion on this would be I'd prefer it only be champions tour classes. The way pulling is currently set up hot farm, light pro, 4.1, etc are like minor league baseball teams. If I'm going to the World Series I want to see the New York Yankees playing not the Toledo Mud Hens.

I respect all those classes you mentioned, I personally enjoy watching some of them. But I think a World Series of Pulling should have the best of the best, which is the Champions Tour Classes.

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 16, 2022 08:49AM
Very well put!

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 14, 2022 04:56AM
Where can I get tickets and a few campsites.dont see anyplace to order on ppl or the tracks pages

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 14, 2022 05:44AM
TICKET SALES BEGIN MARCH 21 FOR INAUGURAL WORLD SERIES OF PULLING AT SUMMIT MOTORSPORTS PARK

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 21, 2022 02:17PM
most ppl tracks are christiani build and they have sucked lately

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 16, 2022 12:29AM
So I inquired yesterday about a campsite and tickets for our group that attends bg,with a possibility of going,here's what the price breakdown is..
Bg campsite,which includes 2 gate tickets. 310
Norwalk campsite only. 350
Norwalk general admission no reserved seats 95
Norwalk admission with reserved seats. 105
Bg reserved seats 5 per session
Both places get 1 vehicle pass
Both allow campground transporters,must have fire rings,I understood at norwalk no alcohol thru gate,coolers checked,alcohol is for sale there tho.also alcohol in a designated area in campground??,having a hard time believing this tho.
Wasnt sure yet if there is going to be 1 track or 2.
Electric spots are limited.
For 2 people to attend norwalk 560,bg 360..quite a difference

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 16, 2022 01:15AM
Wow. Like that's crazy expensive for non serviced site, and if no alcohol allowed in coolers that pretty much seals it as a no go pull. As I fully suspected, racing venues have a totally different approach to how they price and run an event. What a bummer. This had all the makings of a marquee must attend event. Glad for another decent sized offering, just not sure how well attended this event will be.

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 16, 2022 01:59AM
How many professional sporting events allow you to bring in a cooler with alcohol?

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 16, 2022 03:37AM
I have never been to one so how would those prices compare to going to a pro or sportsman drag racing event at that track or any other?

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 16, 2022 03:49AM
patches
So I inquired yesterday about a campsite and tickets for our group that attends bg,with a possibility of going,here's what the price breakdown is..
Both allow campground transporters,must have fire rings,I understood at norwalk no alcohol thru gate,coolers checked,alcohol is for sale there tho.also alcohol in a designated area in campground??,having a hard time believing this tho.

Is that $95 a single admission or a 2 day pass?

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 16, 2022 03:59AM
For all five sessions I believe.

Brent Yaron

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 16, 2022 06:14AM
Ill Ryan

Is that $95 a single admission or a 2 day pass?
All 5

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 16, 2022 07:56AM
Non electric sites will not be $350! They don't charge that for NHRA nationals for non electric sites. They do get $400 for nhra electric sites but that also includes your electric campsite trackside!!! Tuesday I ordered top eliminator club passes ( nhra nationals)for all 4 days which includes 3 catered meals a day, best startingline seats, campsite and other perks. My total bill for 2 people with everything included for 4 days was $736.25!

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 16, 2022 01:49PM
That's what the lady told me

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 19, 2022 04:39PM
Just playing devils advocate:
Where are you going to attend another event like this, this type of facility?
This pull, no doubt will be top of the line everything?
Look what it costs now to attend professional sporting events, concerts, etc.
If this is what it takes to elevate this sport into these larger stand-alone events I think that’s great!
Promotor’s and everyone involved are taking a huge risk and investing more money than most could fathom to put on an event like this, ton of risk involved.
Be thankful, just go watch elite pulling at an elite facility, make some good memories and be happy we’re all able to do it!
Yes it may be a little more expensive but this is like no other event I can think of with the exception of Galot.
That’s all.

Re: World Series of Pulling Norwalk, OH March 21, 2022 02:58PM
I don't understand why every time somebody tries to do a good thing for the sport, that many have to critique it and complain about this and that, and compare this to that. I guess what I'm getting at is that no 2 events are going to be the same. Therefore, the prices are very likely to be different. Why complain about the price and or differences between 2 events and try to hurt their success by making these comparisons? Why not just go to the events of your own budget and liking and not go the the ones that are out of reach or that you dont like for whatever reason and go on with life and be glad somebody is trying to promote the sport we all love? My father is a man of few words, but when he speaks you should pay attention, because there is no jibberish that flows from his mouth. He always says if it doesn't effect you directly, then don't get involved and be slow to speak and eager to listen and learn. Why should anyone bash someone for their efforts, instead of staying silent and not attend if you don't agree or like the event for whatever reason? Just some food for thought. Best wishes to the Norwalk crew and competitors. I am not likely to attend this year however I hope it is a huge success and maybe I can make it next year. P 7

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,804, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,958.

Our newest member CBeard