Tomah three tracks? March 10, 2022 11:05AM
For anyone in the stands at Tomah in the 1980s when they ran 3 tracks-

How did that work? What did you like or dislike about it?

It would be interesting to see someone try that again.

Re: Tomah three tracks? March 10, 2022 11:10AM
Believe there is an event on the Mid-South schedule that will be running three tracks.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Tomah three tracks? March 10, 2022 11:23AM
Mid south hook in Lawrenceburg, TN will be running 3 tracks in June.

Re: Tomah three tracks? March 10, 2022 11:54AM
Brent Yaron
Believe there is an event on the Mid-South schedule that will be running three tracks.

I've heard that the third track in Lawrenceburg, TN will be just for the Minis. As a one-man crew, two tracks is enough to keep me on my toes!

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Tomah three tracks? March 10, 2022 02:44PM
Franklin KY, TS Performance pull had 3 tracks with PPL.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Tomah three tracks? March 10, 2022 11:28AM
It was tough on the announcer(s), ended up talking over each other.

1/3 more information to get out, with 1/3 more track noise.

Richland Center had 3 tracks, more recently.

Re: Tomah three tracks? March 10, 2022 11:52AM
From what I remember is, the competitors didn’t care for it, as the classes took 1/3 longer from start to finish and allow the track to change too much. Especially in the afternoon sessions.

Re: Tomah three tracks? March 10, 2022 02:08PM
Didn't PPL have an event in KY about five or six years ago that ran three tracks, seems like that event ran for about three years. Seems like it was sponsored by the company that Brad Moss was involved with, can't remember their name.

I never made it to Tomah when they were running three.

S'no Farmer

Re: Tomah three tracks? March 10, 2022 11:04PM
Forgot about that. Yeah Franklin, KY had a PPL hook with 3 tracks. Same weekend they did diesel drag racing. Was a cool event, but if I remember correctly it rained them out like 3 years in a row and that was the end of it.

Re: Tomah three tracks? March 10, 2022 05:11PM
There was just a little too much going on at Tomah. Announcers were trying but it got confusing at times. Extra set of track prep vehicles made seeing the far track difficult. Just a whole lot of extra moving parts.

side note March 10, 2022 11:38PM
When did laser measuring, start, before of after the 3 track days?

How would a third track at Tomah, affect the live stream/video board?

Re: side note March 11, 2022 04:41AM
I remember it being very confusing and hard to connect announcing to vehicle pulling.

Re: side note March 11, 2022 04:48AM
The Iowa state fair pull used to run three tracks of antiques to get done in time for the later concert. It was nasty hard and the board would not let them dig the track up, black dirt cement hard from yrs of calcium chloride.

Re: Tomah three tracks? March 12, 2022 08:26AM
There’s a fine line in presenting a good event & just herding equipment thru like cows just for numbers.

Re: Tomah three tracks? March 14, 2022 06:00PM
We have pictures around from the 3 track era at Tomah, but I'm to young to remember it. I did however attend the TS Performance pull in Franklin, KY one year. I didn't care for 3 tracks. As a photographer there was always something in the way. It didn't speed up the show either as a lot of times a track was sitting empty waiting for grooming equipment that was still on another track. Forget about trying to live stream a three track pull as well, it'll be darn near impossible to get the middle track's runs most of the time. It's not really a great idea in my opinion.

Re: Tomah three tracks? March 15, 2022 06:49AM
Fuelish Fan
We have pictures around from the 3 track era at Tomah, but I'm to young to remember it. I did however attend the TS Performance pull in Franklin, KY one year. I didn't care for 3 tracks. As a photographer there was always something in the way. It didn't speed up the show either as a lot of times a track was sitting empty waiting for grooming equipment that was still on another track. Forget about trying to live stream a three track pull as well, it'll be darn near impossible to get the middle track's runs most of the time. It's not really a great idea in my opinion.

Another thing is the inherent safety risk of running tracks so close together that they share boundary lines. Think of who that possibly puts at risk.
Track crew preparing the track next to the green track, competitor that hasn’t yet made it off the track, etc.
Run two tracks…sure. But there should at least be thirty feet in between tracks to give a chance of avoiding an accident.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Tomah three tracks? March 15, 2022 07:06AM
John Murray

Another thing is the inherent safety risk of running tracks so close together that they share boundary lines. Think of who that possibly puts at risk.
Track crew preparing the track next to the green track, competitor that hasn’t yet made it off the track, etc.
Run two tracks…sure. But there should at least be thirty feet in between tracks to give a chance of avoiding an accident.

Good, logical idea.
Another idea that goes along with it is do not have two tracks pulling at the same time (looking at you, BG track officials and Richwine).

Re: Tomah three tracks? March 15, 2022 08:33AM
The Original Michael

Good, logical idea.
Another idea that goes along with it is do not have two tracks pulling at the same time (looking at you, BG track officials and Richwine).

This is something PPL does EXREMELY well. They almost never let two tractors down the track at the same time. In fact I've been to pulls where they make one track wait in order to allow the other track to pull.

At BG however this does get annoying at times. But its part of their Race Tractors motto

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,698, Posts: 229,797, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard