Banter, Danny Dean, EJ Potter and more March 13, 2022 12:11PM
video: [www.youtube.com]

Video recently uploaded to youtube. After a couple minutes, it shows lots of footage from the 1977 ABAC pull at Tifton, GA.

(One interesting tidbit- I thought Danny Fillingame bought the MM 705 that Dan Walsh pulled. However, it appears both tractors were at the same event. The other MM wouldn't be Jim Griner, would it?).
Footage of the Banter tractor where the driver sat between the two engines. Bruce Hutcherson when he drove a single. I believe Norm Green's 4 turbo tractor.
Don Gladish's turbine. Also, some vintage FWD and minis from that era.

Does anyone know who drove the 4230 or 4430 with the wide front end? What about the 4430 with the narrow front 2 tractors later. Was that a puller named Paulk?
Btw, where was the Cracker Jack AC 200. Wasn't that based at the ABAC college?

After that, I believe is footage of a farmer's protest during the Carter Administration where farmers from all over America drove their tractors to DC.
Not unlike the truckers today.

Re: Banter, Danny Dean, EJ Potter and more March 13, 2022 03:01PM
Great old video !!

Re: Banter, Danny Dean, EJ Potter and more March 14, 2022 01:40AM
Thats back when times were alot simpler and we didn't know it, GOOD TIMES !!!!! I remember the tractor convoy to Washington !!! Times were better back then in my opinion --- way simplier !!!!!

Re: Banter, Danny Dean, EJ Potter and more March 14, 2022 05:32AM
Very cool! Thanks for Sharing.

Re: Banter, Danny Dean, EJ Potter and more March 14, 2022 12:19PM
I was a kid back then, but still have a cap that says ag strike '77, it did make a difference. Darin

Re: Banter, Danny Dean, EJ Potter and more March 14, 2022 12:42PM
TOP GUN
I was a kid back then, but still have a cap that says ag strike '77, it did make a difference. Darin

So was I, about 11 yrs old.....I was born way to late....lol
Put a chill down my spine watching that !

Re: Banter, Danny Dean, EJ Potter and more March 15, 2022 02:08PM
The 4430 was owned by Warren and Fred Paulk from Willacoochee, GA which was close to Tifton. The AC tractor was owned by ABAC and built by the Diesel Mechanics class. It was driven by Jimmy Grubbs

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,673, Posts: 229,771, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,944.

Our newest member Jason