Component March 14, 2022 12:02AM
LLSS Comnponent Chassis in the Near Future or NO ????????

Re: Component March 14, 2022 12:36AM
Should it yes, would need to spot the cast or die crew, some weight.

Will it?

No, to many demons, in that class.

Re: Component March 14, 2022 01:11AM
$hit $tirring John ? Lol- you got to much time on your hands this morning !!!! PS: good seeing you and your dad and buddy in Murfreesboro !!!! Now go do something productive !!!!

Re: Component March 14, 2022 03:35AM
John is serious this time. 30year old rules using 50-60 year old OEM parts . This needs to be looked at with an open mind . We all alter OEM or build for strength or use Profab transmission connected to OEM rear end parts. I don't like the idea of hogging out the cast rear ends just to lose weight this would solve these problems and run at a lower weight like everyone wants it at. Is this how we move this class into the 21st century. I have seen a lot of transmission issues and cracked housings and these are at 6250 .

Re: Component March 14, 2022 04:08AM
Go lss if you want component we are just fine cast rear

Re: Component March 14, 2022 04:26AM
Fno
Go lss if you want component we are just fine cast rear

Honest question- I understand you are fine with a cast rear.

However, why shouldn't a puller who wants a component be able to run one, if for no other reason than they believe it would be safer?
(This thread is about LLSS, but I would say the exact same thing for Light Pros, Limited Pros, and Super Farms also).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2022 04:27AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Component March 14, 2022 05:15AM
Bc rules are rules If I want a bigger turbo why shouldn’t I be allowed to run one?? the safety excuse is so old we make 1500 hp with no real problems maybe a axle breaks but that’s rare it’s the only thing left of a tractor is the rear end and trans again we have no exaggeration 100-150 llss across the country maybe even more people are building for this class all over why don’t hot farms go component “it’s for safety” no it’s bc people don’t want to work to make weight laziness is the real excuse not safety.

Re: Component March 14, 2022 06:03AM
Remember this and I will use the IH brand. Rear end for small tractors probably ended making in early 80s. So 40 year old cast that's the newest version everything else is older and harder to find and still hogging out the rear end to make weight. In 10 years will they be available or will somebody remake it? And aftermarket parts with out spending a Fortune because of availability. Would components be more cost effective if you're going to build?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2022 06:21AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: Component March 14, 2022 06:28AM
In all motor sports people want to build and have rules made to fit them, BUILD for the damned class you want, - then stay within the perimeters and be happy, or go home,or build for the next class up, not the other way around, everyone should put their own pulls on and rum em how you want, -RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG, see how that works, cuz I guarantee someone will ALWAYS out think, out class, out spend ya, ALWAYS,

Re: Component March 14, 2022 06:31AM
There are single and twin engine mod frames sitting around, that would make a good donors, at a reasonable price.

Re: Component March 14, 2022 06:52AM
Where ? Where are all these donor frames just setting around ?

Re: Component March 14, 2022 06:58AM
Google is your friend.

Donor as in cut the driveline out, after you purchase it.

Not someone wants to donate them.

Re: Component March 14, 2022 09:16AM
A set up for a llss could be done real cheap

Re: Component March 14, 2022 02:32PM
Lewis Conner
A set up for a llss could be done real cheap

define cheap.

Re: Component March 14, 2022 11:16PM
"Rules are rules are rules" - EVERY class changes rules over time. You think super stock and pro stock always allowed components?

I would personally like to see a component option for the LLSS. And for everyone saying "just build a LSS if you want a component", that's a pretty bad argument. Just in the turbos and cylinder head there is a $50k jump. Not to mention the maintenance cost.

Re: Component March 15, 2022 12:09AM
From the NTPA website- Light Super Stock Tractors at RN level only will run component tractors at 6200 lbs. and the agricultural rearend tractors at 6500 lbs.

No one is saying you cant run cast, must be a way, to make it work.

I do wonder, how many Light Supers, would step down to LLSS.

Re: Component March 15, 2022 12:10AM
I keep hearing people say "40 or 50 year old cast iron parts", what i do not understand is whats wrong with the cast? I can about guarantee that this older cast is far better than what mAny casting are today. Also people act like casting go bad or weaken over time. I don't believe this to be true. Just saying.

Re: Component March 15, 2022 12:39AM
Nobody is saying cast it is wrong. When you start removing cast from the inside of the rear to make it lighter do you weaken it ? Will this add more options for color if component chassis was an option? I don't want to see all LLSS have to be component or make you have it ,but for guys building to have that option to because parts are unavailable or hard to find.

Re: Component March 15, 2022 01:11AM
Well im glad John got this all fired up again, David, you could get yours alot lighter the way it sets, you apparently haven't hogged/ground out yours very much if any, GUYS, I GUARANTEE YOU ALLOWING COMPONENTS WILL HURT THE CLASS- WHEN SOME OF THE LIGHT SUPER GUYS DROP DOWN TO LIGHT LIMITED ( AND THEY WILL ) THERE WILL BE ALOT AND I DO MEAN ALOT OF GUYS THAT WON'T BUILD A COMPONENT AND QUIT----- SO WHAT HAVE YOU GAINED--- NOTHING --- BUT--- WHAT HAVE YOU LOST !!!!! THERE IS CLASSES FOR COMPONENT IF YOU WANT TO RUN COMPONENT!!! AS PREVIOUSLY POSTED- THERE'S DONOR CHASSIS TO BE BOUGHT SETTING AROUND !!!!

Re: Component March 15, 2022 01:24AM
I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone wants to change a class that at anytime can have anywhere from 15 to 30 participants day in an day out at any pull anywhere-- BLOWS MY MIND !!!! It aint like tractors are breaking right an left, yes every once in awhile a axle will break or a rearend will get shelled ---- but its not all that often, and that could be caused by whoever set it up !!!! So i guess the next time a rearend in my Semi goes out its time to go Component !!! See how stupid that can sound ?

Re: Component March 15, 2022 01:42AM
I have pulled at 6100 with 200# of moveable in ISP light super class and thats with running a intercooler and water in the block. So don't accuse my tractor of being heavy. All John and I are asking is there a future where LLSS will have a component option? When John put is question out people I knew people would have there undies all wadded up. It's a question? So don't go attacking me or John for asking this simple question ? Don't make it personal.

Re: Component March 15, 2022 02:07AM
This topic needs its own page ,it’s never ending

Re: Component March 15, 2022 02:20AM
David, its not or wasn't a personal attack on you or John, but i know you tractor could be made lighter, that's your choice to do whatever you choose, i personally dont care either way whatsoever, i apologize if you or John took it as a personal attack, it wasn't - now that thats out if the way- i git a question, beins as you guys in Wisconsin allow air ride frontends now in the light limited and know one else does why not go ahead and let components be built for the light limited in Wisconsin ( not everywhere ) but if someone wants to build one an run it in Wisconsin ONLY that be fine by me but it couldn't be run ANYWHERE ( just wherever air ride frontends are allowed ) basically --- should be a club vote !!!! Beins the class is not a nationally recognized class its state level or regional level at best so there is no national rules !!!!

Re: Component March 15, 2022 02:33AM
Your right, it should be up to a club vote. Not everyone is in the club.

In reality the only vote you have, is to pull or don't.

The Promoter (or the people that hired the promoter), will have the last say.

Re: Component March 15, 2022 01:48AM
Here we go again AND ? Just because you went from all caps to a normal sentence structure doesn't change the fact that they are posted from the IP address. Next time at least wait 30 minutes!

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Component, HEY DICK March 15, 2022 02:16AM
Interesting you will call out someone posting from same IP address when you WANT to, but someone asks if there are numerous posts from the same IP address, and you happen to agree with the multiple posts from a same IP address poster, you ignore the question.
I guess it IS after all, YOUR site.

Re: Component, HEY DICK March 15, 2022 03:36AM
I called out this post because it was so blatant that it was pathetic. I don't remember many people asking me what the IP addresses are of someone's posts. And I'm pretty sure that I have not expressed any opinions on this topic. I do not delete posts on topics that I don't agree with
Just like your post I will not remove it. That's what a message board is, a place to share opinions.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Component March 15, 2022 02:49AM
Every class should allow options that will make tractors stronger, more durable and of course safer. Doesn't mean you have to have component but the option is there if you want it. David my advice to you is to get components passed in badger state then the rest of llss clubs will see how it wont do nothing but help the class and if they want their clubs to be successful then they will follow in badger states foot steps. And while you're changing rules in badger state llss, add the option to allow 470 no cooler tractors.

Re: Component March 15, 2022 03:00AM
To LBB . To answer the 470 option honestly, we have more tractors jointing because they don't want the 470 option in the rules.

Re: Component March 15, 2022 03:00AM
Looks like down south that the LIGHT LIMITED is very very successful, always plenty of tractors representing all brands, i dont think components in LLSS will ever pass down there, their already very successful those guys won't change anything - theres no need too !!!! 5 associations in a 150 mile radius and only difference is weight and approximately 50 or more LLSS in that 150 mile radius that run every weekend -- must be doin something right !!!

Re: Component March 15, 2022 03:48AM
I find it funny David an all the badger state guys never allowed alkys forever now they have to weight different and then complain about ag chassis and 470s are you kidding me!!?? You just want your little group of 410 rules no heads up and oh the 470s are to big blah blah open your eyes people what a joke keep your “light limited” and stay in your lane there’s 470s in Wisconsin and all over and everybody else runs no weight difference so why should you all have any say in anything your not a true light limited anyway

Re: Component March 15, 2022 04:15AM

It takes, at least one of these three items, to be a true Super Stock (Limited or not).

30.5 tires

Multiple chargers

Alcohol

Re: Component March 15, 2022 04:22AM
So Diesel Super Stocks aren't true Super Stocks because they are on diesel...?

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Component March 15, 2022 04:33AM
No didn't say that, you missed the point,

Are they on 30.5?

Do they have multi chargers?

That's 2 of the 3, so yes they are Super Stock.

Any 1 of the 3, will make you a super stock.

Re: Component March 15, 2022 04:49AM
Says who !!!!! Everyone has a bone to chew,everyone has an agenda, however when we want places to have quality venues to share our passion, we need to forget selfish reasons and come together for common ground value. Humans never agree on much, cept Hot Dogs, Apple pie and Chevrolet !!!! and well maybe pretty girls.

Re: Component March 15, 2022 05:12AM
Read that wrong. But can't agree with that because 30.5's are on mods and that's one of three. So with what you are saying would make a 5 engine unlimited a super stock.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Component March 15, 2022 05:47AM
Technically your scenario with the Mods meet 2 of the 3, and they still won't get into a Super Stock Class .LOL

Nice try though.

Are components superior to OEM? March 15, 2022 06:18AM
They're different, yes.

But are they superior? If yes, why do you believe that?

If no, then what's the issue with allowing them or changing rules in a class to allow if a puller wants one? Even if you feel an OEM is perfectly safe, why not allow another puller in your class to build one if he/she feels like it makes for a safer vehicle?

I proposed this a while back but I still think it makes sense. Get stakeholders in a room (pullers, tech, insurance folks, etc).
Come up with a horsepower figure for components. If a class exceeds whatever hp amount the collective wisdom of the group comes up with, then components are allowed (not mandated) for that class.

If the class is below the threshhold, no components. That doesn't mean with advances in hp, the issue couldn't be revisited for a given class every few years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2022 06:19AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Component March 15, 2022 04:40AM
Potentially another class of hooded mods...UGH
I'd bet the draw of the class enticing new builds is thier still a ag chassis,and that's the draw to a fan.
Dam near every chassis looks different in construction where the component takes th jis away,either wedge or tube.a point of view not mentioned is the fans dollar is much more important than the pullers fans are the income,pullers are the expense.promotors use the draw of a class to bring in fans dollars.loose that value and you'll be replaced by some form of smoke blowing pickups...watch what ya wish for

Re: Component March 15, 2022 04:49AM
To Fno- John asked a simple question about the if there's a future for components in LLSS? There's nothing heads up about this class . Example 3 x 4 smooth bore , 3 x 4 map enhancement, 3.4 x 4 . Is that heads up? How many 410 with coolers do you have down south? Maybe we our in are little world up north, we're not asking for you too change, nobody ever has shown up to any of our meetings to push or talk about why 470s should be a rule we add, it's just expected that we do .

Re: Component March 18, 2022 12:43PM
We do have a couple 410 inter cooled down here now, component in my opinion will ruin the class for a time. Probably do same as LSS did when they went component, numbers really dwindled for several years. Going component takes the character out of the class, the parts for your chosen Brand, you have to learn how to make them work. If its not broke don’t fix it, every organization that runs this class is growing, so leave it alone.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: Component March 18, 2022 03:03PM
Eric Prewitt
Probably do same as LSS did when they went component, numbers really dwindled for several years..

Eric, that's a very good statement because that is exactly what happened. I now have a component and David and I have talked about this issue before as david is a good friend of ours. A component is easier to work on but I don't think that John or David would want to see numbers dwindle either.

Re: Component March 18, 2022 10:59PM
Clark just a quick question, did you go Component because of the competitive advantage or the durability and easy to work on, maybe weight ? Just curious not tryn to start anything or being sarcastic either ?

Re: Component March 19, 2022 02:49AM
?
Clark just a quick question, did you go Component because of the competitive advantage or the durability and easy to work on, maybe weight ? Just curious not tryn to start anything or being sarcastic either ?

Biggest things were durability and the ease of working on them. Plus the carnage that I didn't want to rebuild from 2019 at Rantoul.

Re: Component March 19, 2022 03:14AM
Thanks, what carnage im not from that area and dont know what your referring to, ballpark figure roughly what was expense in case i want to go that route, not tryn to be nosey if you care to tell ?

Re: Component March 19, 2022 05:55AM
?
Thanks, what carnage im not from that area and dont know what your referring to, ballpark figure roughly what was expense in case i want to go that route, not tryn to be nosey if you care to tell ?

Oh boy, I really don't know where to start. SLOWLY I put about 10k in the rear end and transmission with billet parts from Atlas. And what I mean by slowly is I did that over a period of years. Transmission and input shaft was first, then a billet differential, then billet bull pinions, then billet centers for the bull gears and last was billet gears for the billet centers of the bull gears. What happened was the bearing cages that the bull pinions ride in broke as they were still cast iron. I had seen that problem before but always caught it in time. At Rantoul when it broke, pieces of the cage and bearings got caught between the bottom of the bull gear and rear end housing and I broke an axle housing. I always tell everyone that thinks about building a 560 rear end now to make sure to make those cages out of billet aluminum. I have no idea what that would cost, but I know it's a weak point. And they usually crack after a bad ride which I had before Rantoul. The transmission and differential were fine and I sold those parts. But the left bull gear and bull pinion were toast. Nothing was ground out of the rear end to make weight. The only part that was ground was about .050" in the center of the transmission housing for gear clearance and that's no where close to where it broke. It needed a new frame also. So we just decided rather than to rebuild it and put a new frame under it, to salvage what was left of it, sell those parts and go the component route. The chassis that we bought is a used component superstock. We couldn't afford a new one. To add insult to injury, the spring of that year(2019) we had been hit by a tornado and I refused to add any more stress to my life by rebuilding that thing.

Re: Component March 19, 2022 08:32AM
Thanks for the information, how far do you live from Lincoln Andrews that cuts tires, im usually there a couple times a yr getting my tires freshened up, may try to visit sometime if that be ok ?

Re: Component March 19, 2022 08:38AM
?
Thanks for the information, how far do you live from Lincoln Andrews that cuts tires, im usually there a couple times a yr getting my tires freshened up, may try to visit sometime if that be ok ?

About 90 miles nw of him. n/p. And come by anytime unless I am working in the field. What are you thinking about building?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2022 12:16PM by Supertiquer.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520