Electric power steering help March 23, 2022 12:04PM
What does everyone do to control their electric pump so that it only runs when required/ steering the vehicle. I was thinking a low pressure switch but couldnt find any that were 12 volt

Re: Electric power steering help March 23, 2022 02:22PM
Some have a switch on the throttle handle to turn it on and off as needed.

Re: Electric power steering help March 23, 2022 02:27PM
Who makes this power steering setup? Thank You!

Re: Electric power steering help March 25, 2022 01:10AM
as I walk through the pits and tractors and trucks are getting pulled up to weigh in and stage I hear the electric motor kick on when they start turning the wheel. could y'all just explain how you do that please? like I said earlier it seems like a low pressure switch would be the ticket but I have never found anything 12 volt

Re: Electric power steering help March 25, 2022 02:46AM
Dmax47
as I walk through the pits and tractors and trucks are getting pulled up to weigh in and stage I hear the electric motor kick on when they start turning the wheel. could y'all just explain how you do that please? like I said earlier it seems like a low pressure switch would be the ticket but I have never found anything 12 volt

They are using a momentary switch on the throttle. You just press it down when you turn the wheel and let off when you are done. Then we use an on/off switch when actually going down the track. I turn it off as soon as I am done with the pull and go back to the monetary switch.

It's the same 12v momentary switch you might use for a nitrous purge

Re: Electric power steering help March 25, 2022 03:07AM
Stones in Greensburg Indiana makes a kit that automatically turns on and off by simply turning the wheel.

Re: Electric power steering help March 25, 2022 04:31AM
A switch doesnt care if it is 12 volt or 125 volt, the thing that matters is amperage, just make sure what you pick has sufficient current rating.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,642, Posts: 229,708, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520