Nebraska State Fair August 30, 2009 11:10PM
Just wondering if anyone is pissed off at the state fair in nebraska..for being the last year in lincoln....to have such a poor pull sceduled......i guess they dont want to spend any more money... that way they can have all those state troopers walking around with there mount me hats on... i guess got to pay their salery some how..

Re: Nebraska State Fair August 31, 2009 01:15AM
Actually, there is a lot more stuff going on at our State Fair this year. Talked to Doug and with this being the last year they where trying to do as much different things as they could. They wanted to cut tractor pull back to one session this year and go back to 2 sessions in Grand Island. Outlaws are hooking 6 classes in 1 session, instead of 4 and cut some of the classes back to state level to keep the cost down.

Re: Nebraska State Fair August 31, 2009 03:12AM
Do the outlaws know that they will be pulling in Grand Island next year ?
Wont it be a different fair board in Grand Island ?
The NTTPA has been pulling there for a couple of years now.

Re: Nebraska State Fair August 31, 2009 03:55AM
Things might NOT be etched in stone yet as far as moving the Nebraska State Fair. Heard on the news this morning that it's going to be declared UN-Constitutional to move the fair and a lawsuit is probably going to result. Anyone else hear about it?? Might just be sabre rattling.

Re: Nebraska State Fair August 31, 2009 05:18AM
[www.omaha.com]

Re: Nebraska State Fair August 31, 2009 07:14AM
I am all for the move to Grand Island. Lincoln didn't and hasn't wanted the State Fair for years. The Fair board that has been in charge of it has done nothing to improve it and just keep running it in the ground. They should be doing things to get people to it. Maybe take lessons from the Iowa State Fair board. I have been going to the State fair in lincoln for years the pull has always been a huge draw. But they keep cutting it back ( It used to include both Nebraska State Truck and Tractor Pullers and Nebraska Bush) and then book other shows nobody wants to go to. I hope the move brings a new State Fair Board. I live in central Nebraska and Hall & Adams county both put on better fairs then the State Fair Board in Lincoln. If the Fair board that has been running the Hall county fair is in charge of it I wouldn't count on the Outlaws being there. I can see a Nebraska State and Nebraska Bush co-sanctioned pull being there. For the money it is a great show

Re: Nebraska State Fair August 31, 2009 08:39AM
Your right Ken. Arent them two groups pulling in Macool Junction together ?
And to think that "WAS" an Outlaw pull.

Re: Nebraska State Fair August 31, 2009 10:06AM
Neb Bush and Neb Tractor Pullers hooking the Neb State Fair in GI is certainly something to think about. If a raised purse in some classes could bring in some super stocks or a couple extra pro stocks, then you could really have something there. The thing too is you have to wonder what kind of turnout an Outlaw show would have in central Neb this time of the year. Ravenna does well, but that's in June and I don't know what kind of purse would be offered. The question would be how many out of state pullers you would get to come and at what price.

If it were up to me, I would say make it an Outlaw Extreme National or turn back the clock (so to speak) and make it a co-sanctioned NTPA Grand National and Outlaw Extreme National event. Have that rancher from up north, Ted Turner, finance it.

Re: Nebraska State Fair August 31, 2009 01:49PM
Yes, the Nebraska State (Nebraska Truck and Tractor pullers) and the Nebraska Bush are pulling together in Mcool Junction this Friday. They Pulled a co sanctioned pull in Gibbon and a The State guys had a Bush class pull with them in Picktrell. I think it works very well, the 2 groups have everything you could want and lots of them. Like I said earlier for the Money Its a very good show and would personally like to see more of them. I don't know what the future will bring to the Nebraska State Fair but right now I would say it is a lawsuit away from being killed. Hopefully the 4 people in lincoln that want to keep it there will see the damage this delay will cause. But that may be better than the slow death it will have if the same fair board is in charge.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009