LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 29, 2022 05:09AM
I really hope you guys are in good health....maybe went on a long vacation??....had some bad Taco Johns or El campesino and spending couple weeks on the porcelain??
Not sure where all you fellas went but we all are seriously so happy not having to scroll scroll and scroll past 18 posts with 6,591 comments on friggin LLSS. I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!! You cut out social media for lent! Thank heavens you guys are alright and will be back to your crap April 14 when lent is over.

Sincerely, Pullers the and fans of every other class out there

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 29, 2022 05:34AM
Hum, apparently you miss us, im sure we can get something started if your bored, jus sayn !!!

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 29, 2022 08:06AM
COMPONENTS !!!!!! And if you think it died down apparently you dont remember ATPA , it was 5700lbs then -- a quick look at ATPA on YouTube and it'll refresh your memory !!!!

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 29, 2022 08:11AM
Why did ATPA drop them??

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 29, 2022 08:41AM
Don't think they dropped them, ATPA sold out and shut down, but Still component played a huge part in all of it !!!!

ATPA March 29, 2022 09:14AM
Really
COMPONENTS !!!!!! And if you think it died down apparently you dont remember ATPA , it was 5700lbs then -- a quick look at ATPA on YouTube and it'll refresh your memory !!!!

I remember when Meese had an OHC motor and they outlawed them but grandfathered him in for the ATPA LSS class. That didn't help that particular class.

Re: ATPA March 29, 2022 10:10AM
Good memories there. Meese had an advantage no doubt. But that was a very entertaining class. Insanity, Canadian Mist, and several other good diesels were right there at the top. I think Brent Long pulled in that class sometimes as well.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 29, 2022 06:52AM
Do you know why there are so many posts about LLSS? Because there are lots of interest in it. Its a practical class for all kinds of pullers, the class gives a chance for smaller frame tractors to shine as well as their small engines. LLSS are all over the country and pulloff.com is a central place for everyone to get together and discuss rules or opinions. Everyone loved the 5500 super stock back in the 80s and 90s and the LLSS brings back the legacy of that class. If you are sick of people always talking about this class on pulloff well get used to it buddy because this class ain't going no where!

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 29, 2022 07:43AM
If the 5500 super class back in the 80's and 90's was so great, why did it die? From 1985 on they had very few hooks. If it was so popular, why didn't promoters book the class?

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 29, 2022 08:13AM
Dmax47 you got your wish !!!

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 29, 2022 09:30AM
Funny how you didn't see any posts about LLSS so you started a post TALKING ABOUT LLSS??? You know how to not read posts about LLSS? Don't read posts about LLSS. It's talked about a lot, because it's a great class if you don't like it, that's fine, I'm sure the class will survive without your admiration.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 29, 2022 11:19AM
It's nice to hear about the history on this class. But as technology grows and has the ability to improve HP in the class , what's next as to the future of this class? I always see the ( if it's not broke don't fix it), will technology change that issue? Will parts be available?

David Runkle class rep for Badger State LLSS class. 815-821-4686

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 29, 2022 02:18PM
LLSS is the most overhyped, over rated class in pulling. Every time I've seen LLSS, I've been disappointed. Everyone on here hypes it up and then they put on a lackluster show

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 29, 2022 03:07PM
theRightRearTire183, sorry you've been disappointed,apparently you've not been to any or very few LLSS pulls in Ky, anytime Brandenburg, Ky has a pull with LLSS on the schedule your gonna see some of the best in the country and it wont be a disappointment, guaranteed !!! So watch BOB website an make plans to attend !

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 03:22AM
I think that is your opinion that you are disappointed with the LLSS class! Lets come up with the top 25 LLSS tractors in the US then

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 04:35AM
There are so many that I have filmed over the years it is hard to say who is the best. So I created a poll, lets's see where it goes.

LLSS Poll on WWPTV Nation Group

Elephant in the room March 30, 2022 05:35AM
I wish OEM-only proponents would at least be honest enough to admit components are superior to OEM.

Whether that's actually fact or merely an opinion, I don't know. However, whenever someone involved in LLSS, Light/Limited Pro, etc. who does not want to allow components discusses the issue, one of the first things said is a variation of "I already spent $$ for my OEM. I don't want to have to spend more..." That's a valid point IF components are mandated.

Please show me a rule in any class from any organization mandating components for any tractor class. As far as I'm aware, there aren't any.
If you want to run your OEM, great. Nobody's forcing you to change.

On the other hand, if there is an unspoken concern that the OEM will be less competitive to a component, just come out and say it.
There is a huge difference between a rule forcing component chasses vs a rule merely allowing the option of components. And for the record, if I had already spent the $$ lightening a tractor, I would not want to have to spend more $$ on a new chassis. The operative words are "have to." Allowing is not "have to." It's "may, if I choose to."

If Puller A likes his OEM, and Puller B feels one is safer, or a more economical choice when building from scratch, why doesn't Puller A think that Puller B should be allowed to build one..... unless the unstated fear is Puller B's component will consistently beat his OEM? If that's the worry, be honest enough to come out and admit it...

PS- To those who reply "Build for the class you want to run...." Unless pulling orgs are dictatorships with no competitor input, those who want to allow components and make proposals to allow them ARE following the rule making process for the class they want to run. If approved and allowed, then they can build a component for the class they want to run. If disapproved, then obviously their component will not run in that class.

I know of no class anywhere that has a rule stating "thou shalt not make any rule proposals about this class ever, for any reason."

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2022 06:26AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Elephant in the room March 30, 2022 06:03AM
Alright, orginal Michael I'll say it, there is an advantage of running a component, oem usually has an unfair advantage. There i said it, now untill you or anyone else has spent what ive spent and worked the hours ive worked to get mine there , YOU HAVE NO IDEA !!! let me say that again YOU HAVE NO IDEA !!!! Alot and i do mean alot of time an money was spent to get my tractor lightened up -- alot !!!! And to make it clear- components wasnt aloud when i built it therefore the reason to do all the work and spend all the money, MY CHOICE i know, Components are an advantage know doubt about it, but know this i know guys and run with them that has a light super component and run light limited non-component and they say the class does not need to go Component that itll ruin the class - for whats that worth !!!

Re: Elephant in the room March 30, 2022 06:32AM
There's a lss in Illinois that allows component and cast together . They did have a weight difference as the components weighed less . So it can work if a club chooses that rule

To Really (compromise) March 30, 2022 06:38AM
Thank you for the response.

What would be your thought on a compromise- For example, if current rules in KY are 6000 lbs, what would be the thought of keeping OEM as is, and allowing components but they would weigh 5700, 5800, 5900, or whatever number the powers that be agree to.

The lower weight for components should help with any performance issues between the two.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2022 06:39AM by The Original Michael.

Re: To Really (compromise) March 30, 2022 08:17AM
The Original Michael, to answer your question about the weight difference, at least 500lbs ( component 5500lbs - non component 6000lbs - and would prefer component 5200lbs ) .

Re: Elephant in the room March 30, 2022 06:47AM
I have made my point! Thank you! You are only worried about what it best for you and YOUR tractor only.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 04:46AM
I dont think there is a need to change weight. Just about every class of llss that i watch theres always atleast one tractor that's gets wild and darn there flips over. Id say the drivers have their hands full the way it is.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 04:20AM
ppmengineering --- i agree with everything EXCEPT components, would love the 5500lbs, Theres one thing that nobody seems to understand or have an answer ----- what is everyone supposed to do that has already spent the money to lighten up their tractors or don't want to start over do with what theyve already got---- if im going to spend the money to go component why wouldn't i just go ahead an go light super-- and before anyone says it cost to much -- ive already spent the money to get mine light so i aint going that route and i know a bunch more that won't go that route either-- what are we suppose to do park ? Theres classes for components, build for them if you want to run a component !!!!! Of course we could always start another class i suppose !!! Dont have enough of them !!!!

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 04:28AM
And another thing, why is everyone wanting to change what is evidently working- theres as many light limited supers in the country as there is any other class, at any given time there's anywhere from 10 to 30 in a class depending on if their booked on top of each other, if there are no other pulls booked Brandenburg,Ky will have as many as 30 to 35 show up to pull -- So Something Must Be Working !!!! LEAVE THE LLSS CLASS ALONE !!!!!

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 04:35AM
If your tractor makes weight at 5500 already then you don't need to do anything. There is no rule that says you can't your cast tractor. But look at form a new/younger person wanting to build one. Why buy a tractor, cut it up, install all billet internals, build an entire chassis to support the cast you cut up, when you could save money by just buying the rearend, planetaries and building from scratch. The rules should never be set up for what is best for you, me etc, but for the longevity and well being of said class.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 05:47AM
PPMEngineering you still didn't answer the question, what is everyone supposed to do that wont build a component - park ? If i was going to build a new tractor from scratch the first thing id do would decide what class i wanted to run an BUILD FOR THAT CLASS not try to change that class to fit my NEW build -- and if i wanted a component i dang sure wouldn't stop at 370cubes or 470 cubes or 1 turbo !!!! Still dont understand why people want to change something that has proven itself time and time and time again how popular and successful it is.And as far as young people wanting to use innovation and learn, cant get much better than learning how to fabricate and figure out how to make stuff lighter an stronger and make it work, way better than just buying something an bolting it up because its easy and store bought .

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 06:03AM
Really
PPMEngineering you still didn't answer the question, what is everyone supposed to do that wont build a component - park ? If i was going to build a new tractor from scratch the first thing id do would decide what class i wanted to run an BUILD FOR THAT CLASS not try to change that class to fit my NEW build -- a.

It's pretty much a universal deal that pulling orgs have rule making processes, and rule proposals for various aspects from engine size to class weight to (yes) even allowing components are a legitimate use of those rule making procedures.

In just the past decade, how many LLSS rules have been proposed and/or adopted regarding weight, turbos, size of alky vs diesel engine, etc? Was the puller who proposed a rule to add 200 lbs to the class, or run a 3x4 turbo a jerk for not building to the class that existed??? Or did those pullers actually follow the rules by getting various groups to adopt those proposals?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2022 06:06AM by The Original Michael.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 06:42AM
PPMEngineering you still didn't answer the question, what is everyone supposed to do that wont build a component - park ?

I did answer your question, if you make weight at 5500 your cast tractor is golden. Now for your re worded question, someone who won't build a component? They can either lighten their chassis to make weight, build a new chassis cast OR component (still a choice not mandate), or they can be pouty and park. What would likely happen is someone would come up with a "new" class Extra light super ultra pro limited 8000lb outdated stock class... or something like that.

scratch the first thing id do would decide what class i wanted to run an BUILD FOR THAT CLASS not try to change that class to fit my NEW build

So with your Build for that class mindset I have a couple options. (using IH and Oliver as examples, but all makes pretty much apply) Go to the tractor salvage yard.

Take 460 and get my "store bought" parts from Karl at atlas stuff them in my gutted sorry excuse of a rearend and fabricate a chassis that hopefully holds it all together.

Take my 666 gut it, spend $$$ getting profab of atlas to stuff an aftermarket transmission (which you would use in a component chassis) into it, lighten bullgears better brakes yadda yadda. And again fabricate a chassis that hopefully holds it all together.

Personal favorite here
Take your 1800 Oliver and throw the tub completely away {which of course you would nobody in their right mind would think that is safe}, fabricate a new chassis, mount the engine however you see fit (according to rules of course) add a CLUTCH CAN, DRIVESHAFT, and AFTERMARKET TRANMISSION. then add lightened bullgears, axles axles housings, steel or aluminum quill housing, aftermarket brakes.

Or instead I go to a truck salvage yard pick up a rearend and planetaries and start on my build.

-- and if i wanted a component i dang sure wouldn't stop at 370cubes or 470 cubes or 1 turbo !!!!

Why not? over in Europe they have some pretty neat 510 alcohol Prostocks?

Still don't understand why people want to change something that has proven itself time and time and time again how popular and successful it is.

just because a class is what you would call popular and successful doesn't mean its sustainable or that it could be made better

And as far as young people wanting to use innovation and learn, cant get much better than learning how to fabricate and figure out how to make stuff lighter an stronger and make it work, way better than just buying something an bolting it up because its easy and store bought .

I'll point to eurpoe again. look at the pullers in their light mod class. There are several teams fabricating and figuring out how to make parts light, strong and doing a lot of the work themselves. But they are not starting with an outdated chuck of cast iron. I have seen plenty of "store bought" as you like to call them cast rearend LLSS.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 03:57AM
This class needs to be the following

Weight 5500
Component chassis
370 alcohol
470 grease
no de-cubing
3X4 charger
EFI allowed

Cheap, truly a light class, and the EFI gives you that hot button topic of getting the young-ins involved.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 05:15AM
So your saying the hell with the other diesel motor options because their not true LLSS ? Nice outlook!!

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 05:35AM
THAT WOULD KILL IT FOR SURE!!!!

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 05:39AM
Not sure how I'm saying that at all? If you are talking about de-cubing, that is mainly so you can't take a 400 series IH down to 370.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 06:29AM
So you have 410 cubes , either you go 300 series and go up to. 414 your already over or plus or minus rule on wear. But you allow 470 with 400 series with better head flow. You have to have de-cube . Same with the Deere 404 with 466 having better head flow. The rules are working in the areas that have them , just some are a little different because of location.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 06:59AM
So you have 410 cubes , either you go 300 series and go up to. 414 your already over or plus or minus rule on wear. But you allow 470 with 400 series with better head flow. Same with the Deere 404 with 466 having better head flow.

You want to use a 400 series IH or a 466 Deere why? Because you want more power? Wouldn't not allowing de cubing limit horsepower? which then would mean less weight needed to keep front end down. Which would mean tractor wouldn't need lightened as much or could be a lighter class to start with? Less horsepower with less rules usually mean less expense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2022 07:47AM by ppmengineering.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 07:12AM
We all want it all, eat your cake and have it too. Human's are that way, we got kicked out of the garden for that, -remember? Lighter, bigger faster, -more Power, everyone's dream, but no rules to make it Fair and I want to win, Whine and cry in My Beer. But Dominate without repercussions.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 07:26AM
So your telling to take a 300 series IH engine to get to 470 ? Wouldn't it be cheaper to run a 466 IH motor for the 470 rule? So if no de- cubing ,then why use the 470 rule? If you want small engines.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 07:47AM
I was referring to the 410ci as you were...

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 08:12AM
PPMENGINEERING you must have some of these to build is the reason your wanting it implicated so bad, idk, but i will say this, this needs to be left up to the organizations that run LLSS, period, im very confident that it'll never pass down south in Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Indiana, you can ask any puller in that area if they'd go Component or would like to and they'll tell you real quick HE!! NO!!!! ----- After all the class is on life support !!!! Not !!!

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 08:30AM
You are asking the wrong question. It is not if a puller would go component, rather if they were starting over completely and a component tractor was allowed, what would they build.

As far as having some to build? Nope I'm plenty busy with my day job, farming and what machine work I have to do. Just realizing the hypocrisy hacking up chunk of cast and filling it with aftermarket parts because the stock parts are no longer strong enough. All in the name of calling it a "cast" tractor.

Again a person building a new tractor themselves could build a component tractor cheaper and lighter then cutting a cast rear end.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 09:22AM
You are barking up the wrong tree, as a self proclaimed machinist, you assume many can or are qualified to build their own. Not happening for most of us regular folks with no ability, machines, or time,knowlwge or desire to work around the clock to make a piece of crap, without a history of proper machining and tools needed, not many can.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 09:47AM
ppmengineering:

I give you a lot of credit for saying what makes sense. It's just there are old school sticklers who refuse to see the common sense of this argument - and I understand that. Doesn't make it right, but I understand it.

First let's address a comment that is continually made - "just build for LSS if you want component". This is not always an option based on geography, surrounding organizations, and class offerings. This is likely why an individual would be building LLSS.

What exactly is wrong with the idea of wanting to build a new LLSS using a component chassis? If the weight savings is the absolute outright advantage, then have a constructive conversation with the class about alternative weights for a given chassis type (much like a combo class idea). Just because someone desires to build with modern day parts and wants ease of service and maintenance should in no way exclude a person from choosing this path.

This statement holds a great deal of truth:

"the hypocrisy hacking up chunk of cast and filling it with aftermarket parts"

That is the biggest wrong with handcuffing someone into using a cast rear.....you are filling it with aftermarket stuff anyways. The fact is if you run into a person with enough budget and desire, they will make a component with a "cast skin" by the time they are done! And what will that "rule" have proven then?

I am currently running a cast chassis that is essentially a LLSS. I've had it for years. I refuse to grind the cast to a point of a failure and risk safety. If given the option I'd pull the engine and start a fresh component chassis build tomorrow (based on maintenance and servicing ease alone). Basically if it comes down to sacrificing safety to make weight, I'll park my cast chassis.

Let the old school die hards bash away!

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 08:18AM
Dmax just had to go stir the pot again LOL
These people must have been itching to get on and post all this LLSS stuff....
All of you guys are proving Dmax47's point...y'all whine and bicker over every detail of the rules...whether it be cast/component, cubes, turbos, ect. Always fussing about something...it has turned me from liking the class to not wanting to hear anything about them a lot of the time. There seems to be so many problems with getting tractors to consistently run and get down the track around my area that they put on a bad show most times I see them(hope they get them running better and more consistent). I like the Alky vs Diesel and the brands/color that you can pull in the LLSS class but really the class isn't much more entertaining than Pro Farms or Hot Farms to me.

So you gunna perform some surgery and put that 5.9 in a LLSS anytime soon Dmax47? LOL!
I know I've heard you talk about it some.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 11:30AM
I think one pt that everyone is missing is if you keep the class light then it is not as hard on parts. it's also a equalizer for lower hp tractors to compete in the class. this is the only class in pulling where you see every color of tractors. they put on a great show. we are getting allot more interest in iowa and Nebraska and it's growing.
as far as paulens comments I can see the want for components. nick has seen my tractor and knows what's in it. he is very good at making parts and has helped me out allot. let's leave things alone and watch it grow.

Re: LLSS pullers gone crazy?? March 30, 2022 11:00PM
Tractor Boy, part of your wish may happen sooner than you think.

Conner Bros in LLSS March 30, 2022 10:08AM
I love the old 5500 LSS and wish the Conner Bros would build back into it as a team. I understand Lewis is still in the class but Brian is in the LSS but glad to see he is going back to his roots from back in the old days. Can't we all just GET ALONG?

Re: Conner Bros in LLSS March 30, 2022 10:29AM
Are you talking about Ernie ? Lewis is not a brother.

Re: Conner Bros in LLSS March 30, 2022 02:00PM
I'm pretty sure Ernie and Bryan don't want to be brothers either.

Big Names in LLSS March 30, 2022 02:10PM
When LLSS pull on bigger stages someday it would be neat to see big names build LLSS tractors. I would love to see Brian Korth, Larry Phillips, Aaron Hull, Esdon Lehn, Kevin Lynn, Terry Blackbourn, and the Galot team to all build a LLSS. I would also like to see the Spiegelbergs back pulling LLSS, they were really good at promoting the class and had really nice looking at running tractors!

Re: Big Names in LLSS March 30, 2022 03:34PM
Phillips has a LLSS. Was A Smoker. Now has spark plugs.

Re: Big Names in LLSS March 31, 2022 01:57AM
Yep, Larry was one of the ones that said components would run the class, its on video if you search for it in a ATPA interview, Larrys new sparkplug motor is all Brent Payne, should be a contender !!! Now with it being in a oem chassis he wont dominate but he'll be one of the front runners, but put that no expenses spaired motor over in a new component and it would dominate by 25 to 30 feet regularly !!! Larry will tell you himself '-- LEAVE THE CLASS ALONE!!! He's already seen what happens when components are allowed in a class that didn't need them, ive heard him say that back in the day when he ran his 686 at 5700lbs on 3 chargers an big cubes that " thats when it was fun and the best of times" heard him say it numerous times !!! ---- Need to listen to people that have been there !!!!!

Re: Big Names in LLSS March 31, 2022 02:24AM
To Really. I understand both sides of this argument about components. But what does the future look like? We our all ready seeing component parts inside of a reamed out cast housings, is that the right way to go? Will this way keep color with the small light rear ends? Do I want to see the sheet metal and engine combos Pro Stocks run , hell no . I know people don't like change , because they already spent a lot of money. I think there's more guy wish this was option that you think because of the money spent . Not saying there is a right or wrong answer, just a thought process to what the future might bring.

Re: Big Names in LLSS March 31, 2022 02:36AM
Got it.....as long you're an IH, leave it alone and live like the good old days.....makes perfect sense. Eye Rolling

So after an individual decides to make a complete component chassis, then machine/grind the oem cast down to a "skin" that will merely surround that component rear complete with profab/scs/atlasmax trans.......what are you going to do about it? The oem cast rear and axle housings will still be present. Engine location will still be correct position attached to oem cast bell housing. When someone makes this (and probably already has), what argument will you have then?

This is where the real problem lies. It's essentially already been done in other "oem" only chassis classes. If you think it hasn't happened, you're more naïve than you think. What rule do you now make to stop that from happening?

Re: Big Names in LLSS March 31, 2022 03:12AM
Then you have a component with cast skin, so what's the difference? You already with pro-fab you moved transmission out of stock location? So why against components if this is going to be the norm? So then why aren't there rules in place ? A gray area someone is already using the component factor .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2022 03:38AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: Big Names in LLSS March 31, 2022 02:45AM
put that no expenses spared motor over in a new component and it would dominate by 25 to 30 feet regularly

not at 5500lb

Re: Big Names in LLSS March 31, 2022 03:26AM
please explain how he, or anyone would DOMINATE by 25-30 feet regularly.

Re: Big Names in LLSS March 31, 2022 04:41AM
Just a scenario, David ive heard you say that you milk around 40 head of cows, beins times have changed, why haven't you changed with the times and went to milking 1000 head, i mean if we're gonna get with the times and upgrade to component, what's the difference in you upgrading your milking-- same principle !!!! ---- And as far as Larry's tractor dominating, it would, there's a reason you don't see any OEM in light super-- Speigleburgs are a prime example, they had 2 of the nicest LLSS ever built, if it didn't make a huge difference they'd just built 2 Light Super motors and put them in their existing oem tractors, if there wasnt a big difference they wouldn't have spent the money !!!!

Re: Big Names in LLSS March 31, 2022 05:35AM
At some point component is coming to the class and i could agree thousands of dollars could be saved in building theres lots of cheap options out there that would hold up to a llss

True fix to problem March 31, 2022 06:24AM
think about this ideal sequence of events

LLSS gets component chassis move weight to 5700, unfortunate result is some cast tractors get parked not being able to run and balance like a component

However, some current LSS pullers tired of fighting the big dollar game jump ship to new 5700 LLSS and leave fewer LSS, but builds numbers in 57LLSS

Remainder of current LSS then merges with DSS to fill classes back up, true all-fuel SS at 7500 alky at 505 and diesels at 540 rebuilds SS numbers

Component 5700 LLSS renamed and packaged as 5700 LSS, becomes national class Builds numbers

Those remaining cast LLSS that had been parked reforms as 6000-6500 LLSS with some changes to current rules and is regional class builds numbers

You dont gain any classes or lose any classes but you probably help numbers in ALL classes

LLSS Still cast 6000 - 6500 State Regional class

LSS component version of LLSS 5700 National class

SS former LSS and DSS combined 7500 National class

everybody has a place to pull and no one gets parked in the end. make pulling fun again

Re: True fix to problem March 31, 2022 07:37AM
It is not bad now, people don't want to be happy, - seems like they just want to bicler, whine, complain and bitch.

Re: True fix to problem March 31, 2022 08:36AM
David i know the feeling, i grew up on a dairy much like yours yet when it was time to go bigger or stop, land availability wasnt much of an option so we stopped and started trucking, so i know about those knees wearing out ( and im older than you ) Bottom line to all this --- let the club members or organization decide whats best for them, period !!!! Just like the group from Wisconsin decided air ride frontends were an option but not every organization wants it --- if an organization has something that works for them, then its their call !!! Im through with all this !!!! Everyone has an opinion and thats fine !!!! Best wishes to everyone this season and above all HAVE FUN !!!!

Re: True fix to problem March 31, 2022 10:52PM
Idea
think about this ideal sequence of events

LLSS gets component chassis move weight to 5700, unfortunate result is some cast tractors get parked not being able to run and balance like a component

However, some current LSS pullers tired of fighting the big dollar game jump ship to new 5700 LLSS and leave fewer LSS, but builds numbers in 57LLSS

Remainder of current LSS then merges with DSS to fill classes back up, true all-fuel SS at 7500 alky at 505 and diesels at 540 rebuilds SS numbers

Component 5700 LLSS renamed and packaged as 5700 LSS, becomes national class Builds numbers

Those remaining cast LLSS that had been parked reforms as 6000-6500 LLSS with some changes to current rules and is regional class builds numbers

You dont gain any classes or lose any classes but you probably help numbers in ALL classes

LLSS Still cast 6000 - 6500 State Regional class

LSS component version of LLSS 5700 National class

SS former LSS and DSS combined 7500 National class

everybody has a place to pull and no one gets parked in the end. make pulling fun again

This may be one of the best ideas yet.

I would say 5700 lbs, 400 CID max (both fuel types) no after market heads, no intercoolers, 2 turbos of any size, no billet diesel fuel pumps, cast sigmas allowed, components allowed. Engine must match manufacturers family sheet metal. Meaning a Cummins with Oliver sheet metal would be ok, or Cummins with IH sheet metal, but not an IH with John Deere metal.

The LSS class should have never been allowed to go 505 but that ship sailed a long time ago. The limiting factor in the above proposed rules is CID and air flow (no after market head) and weight. Smaller cubes and lighter weight will allow all brands and fuel types to be competitive. Since the class would be limited to oem heads only, you also allow the 24 valve heads. This updates the rules and allows modern manufacturers in the game. It also allows the younger generation a seat at the table. Motorsports is all about what you are familiar with and while younger guys may appreciate a 180 allis or 1650 Oliver, they are more familiar with an Agco RT115. I would also open it up to non domestic brands. Everything from JD to Mahindra and everything in between.

Re: True fix to problem April 01, 2022 01:31AM
Haha, apparently you can't compete in your class ( looked at your profile " now pull light super " ) so just ruin whats working in the LLSS class !!! Thats a good move---- ALL the guys thats wanting to change " allow " components in the Light Limited Super class heres an idea --- Start Your Own Class and leave this one alone, that way everyone is happy !!! Light Limited can always jump up a class and get beat 20 to 30 ft and prove the point that components DONT and Aren't wanted--- SIMPLE FIX and everyone can grin ear to ear !!!!

Re: Big Names in LLSS March 31, 2022 08:04AM
To Really, to compare updating to farming is just a little bit different . Now if you would have taking the route of health wise to sustain the the work load of the job would be different. I am going to be 55 , and am retiring the cow operation because the body could use new parts as to knees. That's an option available so that I can still maintain my walking. Just like the component option.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520