Questionable scheduling decision??? May 20, 2022 02:48AM
June 3-4 NTPA GN pull, Atwood TN (SF/TWD/ inv 3.0 Diesel trucks)
June 3-4 Midsouth Lawrenceburg TN (SF,TWD, SF, Limited Pro tractors, SS tractors, PS Diesel trucks, which I believe for Mid South is what everywhere else calls 3.0 Limited Pro Diesel. Someone please confirm)
June 4 USA Pullers Covington TN (includes SF, 3.0 Diesel trucks, Limited Pro, SS Tractors)

According to a distance calculator, Atwood is 90 miles from Lawrenceburg. The Lawrenceburg pull is running SF, TWD, and their version of PS Diesel trucks.

Atwood is 61 miles from Covington. USA Pullers classes include Super Farm and 3.0 Diesel trucks.

Lawrenceburg is 132 miles from Covington, a little more leeway. Overlaps between Lburg and Cton include SF, Limited Pro, Super stock tractors, and Diesel trucks (depending on Mid South diesel truck rules).

It's true there are only so many weekends in a summer, and more established pulls have dates booked on certain weekends for years. I understand budgeting. That said: Was it the best scheduling option to run a 3-class pull where every one of your classes has another hook within 100 miles on the same date?

You may get a dozen TWD and (at most) a dozen SF; I'd think most local 3.0 trucks would be at their points pulls for either Mid South or USA Pullers. Anyone in west Tennessee can see the Mid South or USA classes almost any weekend. For something different, why not run Mod FWD. That specific class isn't run in TN so far as I'm aware except Chapel Hill,6 weeks later and 250 miles away.. NTPA Pro Stocks aren't running that weekend and may be a draw. For mods, they could maybe do a Regional class and reach out to some of the Reg. 2 tractors. Invitational 3.0 trucks? The Super Stock Diesel trucks aren't running that weekend AND that is a true GN class for a GN pull.

I hope the NTPA pull succeeds there in it's second year; I'm just saying their 3 classes can be seen in west Tennessee almost any weekend of the summer. Why should someone drive 100 miles to Atwood when they can see the exact classes somewhere else nearby? Give me something at your GN pull that I can't see anywhere else.

The Midsouth and USA Pullers events are a little farther apart, but how many SS, SF, or Limited Pro tractors are there any more? There may be several 3 or 4 entry classes at some of these pulls.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2022 02:51AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Questionable scheduling decision??? May 20, 2022 03:48AM
Lawrenceburg and Atwood overlapped last year, as well.

Lawrenceburg had 12 Super Farms and 11 Super Modified Two Wheel Drives, while Atwood had 15 and 12, respectively. Make of that what you will.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2022 03:49AM by John Murray.

Re: Questionable scheduling decision??? May 20, 2022 02:55PM
The 3.0 ntpa is smooth bore chargers, mid south is 3.6 and USA is a slotted turbo class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,744, Posts: 229,886, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM