Season opening NTPA GN pull cancelled due to rainout (it's still one week away) May 27, 2022 06:34AM
NTPA announcement

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.

Re: Season opening NTPA GN pull cancelled due to rainout (it's still one week away) May 27, 2022 06:43AM
They felt bad after you made that thread about the pull overlapping Lawrenceburg and Covington… Winking

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Season opening NTPA GN pull cancelled due to rainout (it's still one week away) May 27, 2022 08:21AM
Think there might be more to the story than ntpa tolld us

Re: Season opening NTPA GN pull cancelled due to rainout (it's still one week away) May 27, 2022 01:23PM
They might have wanted to save the pullers the cost of a lot of $5+ diesel to get there to a facility that wouldn’t have been ready to pull at. Have known of numerous pulls cancelled not because of the track, but because the pits were not useable.
Everything doesn’t have to be some big conspiracy.

Re: Season opening NTPA GN pull cancelled due to rainout (it's still one week away) May 27, 2022 02:25PM
NTPA announcement: "the promoter expressed concerns that the infield could be rehabilitated in time for competitors' arrival."
"dirtfarmer": "Have known of numerous pulls cancelled not because of the track, but because the pits were not useable."
Umm, those 2 statements do not square with 1 another.
"Puller": "Think there might be more to the story than ntpa tolld us"
That seems logical.
But, who knows, perhaps John M. is correct, with his hypothesis.
And it is possible that 1 key word is missing (in Capitals) in the annoucement: "could (NOT) be rehabilitated"

Re: Season opening NTPA GN pull cancelled due to rainout (it's still one week away) May 27, 2022 02:38PM
To; running circles,,
English not your first language?
To anyone with a 4th grade education, the statement is correct "as is".
No extra words needed.

Re: Season opening NTPA GN pull cancelled due to rainout (it's still one week away) May 28, 2022 01:00AM
To "Unabridged"
How do you know the statement is correct "as is"???? Enlighten us.

Perhaps your comprehesion skills and common logic are lacking, as applied to this paragraph of the cancellation announcement:
"Steady rains accompanied the independent fair held at the Clayhill racetrack facility the weekend of May 20-22, compromising the grounds. With additional precipitation in the forecast each of the next several days, the promoter expressed concerns that the infield could be rehabilitated in time for competitors' arrival."
Umm, is not "compromising the grounds" and "the infield could be rehabilitated in time for competitors' arrival." seem to rather contradict one another?

As far as my English, you must be super critical of a lot of posters where their so-called English makes absolutley no sense!

Re: Season opening NTPA GN pull cancelled due to rainout (it's still one week away) May 28, 2022 01:07AM
Running circles, Unabridged is correct. Just sayin.

Re: Season opening NTPA GN pull cancelled due to rainout (it's still one week away) May 28, 2022 09:23AM
To clarify for you, the promoter is saying the infield is a mess.
It was crystal clear to me what was said.

Re: Season opening NTPA GN pull cancelled due to rainout (it's still one week away) May 30, 2022 02:31AM
And last year it was a mess also, I can see it not being useable after the rain they have gotten recently.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: Season opening NTPA GN pull cancelled due to rainout (it's still one week away) June 02, 2022 03:09AM
Wonder if this had anything to do with their decision to cancel as well.

[listings.findahomeintn.com]

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Season opening NTPA GN pull cancelled due to rainout (it's still one week away) June 02, 2022 03:42AM
When it rains, it pours apparently.

Sad to see, but that’s the obvious reason.

Crystal ball June 03, 2022 12:59AM
I don’t know what kind of forecast those folks were looking at but they made the right decision. It came a flood down that way last night.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,700, Posts: 229,800, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard