Triple Bypass News May 27, 2022 07:31AM
From Tripple Bypass Facebook page,

“Due to supply chain issues for parts and the price of fuel, our team has made the difficult decision not to run the full schedule for PPL or NTPA in 2022. Our goal is to compete in the Norwalk, Ohio event in July and then stay closer to home for the remainder of the season. We hope these issues are only temporary and will keep you posted on events we are attending.”

We all new it was coming, bet there are a lot of pullers that will do the same. Hate to see it.

Re: Triple Bypass News May 27, 2022 10:47AM
I wonder how many more will run a limited schedule

Re: Triple Bypass News May 27, 2022 02:24PM
I think this is going to just be the start! Many more will follow! Just my thinking. Sure hope not! Ready to watch some pulling!

Re: Triple Bypass News May 28, 2022 02:20AM
Problem is EVERYTHING IS HIGHER, food and all things in Life.

Re: Triple Bypass News May 28, 2022 12:34AM
What will the cost of diesel be this summer? Gas? Food prices are increasing at record rates? Americans are cancelling vacations or staying closer to home. Heating costs are forecast to double for the Fall. It seems like all of those things (and others) are going to limit both pullers and fans this summer. My family and I have talked about limiting some of our activity this summer and staying closer to home, driving less or packing multiple stops into each trip out. Even if the numbers of pullers stays consistent I'd expect fans to limit their events. Those fans that see multiple shows a year might not make as many as in past years.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Triple Bypass News May 28, 2022 12:39AM
Live streams, might be the future.

Re: Triple Bypass News May 28, 2022 12:44AM
Personally, pulling is an in-person experience. Live streaming pulling, live streaming drag racing, they just don't translate well for me. I love this sport but I don't have a ton of interest in live streaming it. I don't think it's a sustainable model financially. That's just my feelings.

Live streaming doesn't alleviate the added cost to the pullers either. Live streaming would make the Ross team change their mind and decide to travel.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2022 12:46AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Triple Bypass News May 28, 2022 12:53AM
Only big pull were going to is bg,my son and i,at current price,will have over 1000 in fuel to make the trip,that's pulling 2 campers.ive decided to attend local brush pulls in a 50 mile radius of my house,which fortunately is every fri and sat night all summer.

Re: Triple Bypass News May 28, 2022 01:17AM
It does alleviate the added cost to the fans without them,sponcers have no reason to spend the money.

Ticket price might not go up however, the input costs for food and drink already have.

I expect, to pay more at the concession stand.

Re: Triple Bypass News May 28, 2022 01:39AM
Not trying to be a smart ass and I fully support pullers' decision if they do park their vehicles or travel less. For the record, if I could afford to be in pulling I would travel less this summer. But what is the estimated increase in cost? Are we talking about spending $9,000 in a summer to drive to pulls instead of $5000 for some of these guys who travel farther distances? Just guessing here. And I have no clue about the fuel costs for the actual pulling vehicle and other yearly costs.

But supposing that a puller would be spending an extra $5000 this summer, is that significant enough of a cost considering that you may have $200K and beyond already invested in depreciating pulling assets? Probably no wrong answers here.

Re: Triple Bypass News May 28, 2022 03:05AM
I myself have wondered the same thing. If these guys who run top notch equipment every year the latest in fuel systems and turbo chargers not to mention aftermarket blocks and billet cylinder heads are worried about a few thousand extra in fuel costs?? Really kinda makes me wonder if it’s more of a parts availability issue than anything else. I work for a shop that builds engines for anything performance, pulling racing whatever and we have seen the parts supply being a real problem. Some customers are still waiting for an engine only because we can’t intake manifolds for that application just yet. Customers get mad because they don’t have their engine yet and the owner of our shop often asks if they’ve been living under a rock the last 2 years!!!!!

Re: Triple Bypass News May 28, 2022 09:21AM
You need to consider that the expenses for whatever business they are involved in, whether it be farming or something else, have also increased significantly. Very few, if any, who do nothing but pull.

Re: Triple Bypass News May 28, 2022 09:55AM
Basically pulling is self funded. When the economy slows and expenses rise I'm sure that some teams will have to reevaluate. I'm not saying or implying that this is the situation here, however I believe that it will take place in all levels of the sport.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Triple Bypass News May 28, 2022 10:28AM
Pullers
Consider it a successful weekend of pulling if they can cover their expenses, fuel food, ect. Now that those expenses have doubled, and the purses have stayed the same. Now you are looking at loosing money every pull you go to. The best way to minimize losses is to cut back on pulls, especially one that require great distances traveled. The way things are this year, if you hurt some parts, and don’t have spares on hand, your season could be cut short too! Going to be an I interesting year for sure.

Re: Triple Bypass News May 28, 2022 01:22PM
This is permanent and will only get worse until they break us , but they are taking they’re sweet time doing which only makes it worse

Re: Triple Bypass News May 30, 2022 12:52PM
I know a few guys that are waiting on fasteners. ARP is way behind for head studs and rod bolts. Gonna be a tough summer, just remember that most pulls are put on by non-profits as a fundraiser for community services. It will take all promoters, sponsors, volunteers, pullers, and FANS to keep the entertainment value at these events profitable. Fuel and Food prices are going to hurt.

Re: Triple Bypass News May 31, 2022 12:57AM
If you need studs give me a call.Six zero 8 6753325

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,652, Posts: 229,727, Members: 3,326.
This forum: Topics: 37,069, Posts: 225,914.

Our newest member JD_8520