Mid-South Secretary June 04, 2022 04:09PM
Does anyone else find it alarming that the mid south sec is not getting any better at her job. If anything she is getting worse. The points are not updated. It takes hours to register. The cheeks are miss placed a lot of the time. Then half the time the distances are updated when they are supposed to be. I know has to a big job but if can’t do it right dont take it.

Re: Mid-South Secretary June 05, 2022 02:05AM
that job was offered to some else last year that would have done a way better job

Re: Mid-South Secretary June 05, 2022 02:23AM
I can’t imagine anyone wanting the job, it is an absolute hassle. I would be grateful she is willing to do it.

Also, it is just now the 3rd pull of the year. Do some math if you want to know points standings. It would take less time than getting on here and crying about it.

And you can pre-register for the pulls. That is thanks to her.

Re: Mid-South Secretary June 05, 2022 03:43AM
It’s a $hit ton of work regardless who does it. Be grateful that anyone is willing to put up with us every weekend. Lol

Re: Mid-South Secretary June 05, 2022 07:51AM
The only alarming thing is the fact someone would have the disrespect for anyone doing this very tough job and not have a clue what is going on. Furthermore they have no clue what’s involved in making this happen and never offer to help. As Wesley said, Lawrenceburg is always extremely busy on Friday night. I also understand that keyboard pullers aren’t physically at a pull. They just know how to tell everyone how to do everything and what they did wrong! Leave and go watch CNN where your knowledge comes from !!

Re: Mid-South Secretary June 05, 2022 06:16AM
Feel free to give me a call to express your frustrations. Entry at Lawrenceburg always takes a while, it’s usually the first hook for a lot of the members. We introduced the pre registration last year to help speed up the process. Yet many pullers still do not utilize it. We had over 80 entries but less than 1/3 used the pre entry. Once again feel free to give myself a call with suggestions to help. We are always looking for help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2022 06:32AM by wesleyfoster.

Re: Mid-South Secretary June 05, 2022 09:08AM
Worried
Does anyone else find it alarming that the mid south sec is not getting any better at her job. If anything she is getting worse. The points are not updated. It takes hours to register. The cheeks are miss placed a lot of the time. Then half the time the distances are updated when they are supposed to be. I know has to a big job but if can’t do it right dont take it.

I had typed up a response, but I'll just settle for shewwwwwwww
Looking forward to seeing "Worried" on the ballot for MSPA secretary in '23. Eye Rolling

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Mid-South Secretary June 05, 2022 01:29PM
Anybody that makes those kind of comments with a keyboard name has to be a damn coward. We can probably guess who this clown is from the comments made this weekend. Nancy does an excellent job and needs help sometimes. She has my total support.

Re: Mid-South Secretary June 05, 2022 03:13PM
Are you serious?!?! What’s the name of your pulling vehicle & I’ll help you figure your points for the year…should be easy this far into the season, possibly even walk you thru how to pre register if you choose to be proactive that away you can skip the line! I’ve had checks held for over a month before I got back to get them without a problem. You know you could always stand trackside after the class and listen as they announce the finish order within minutes you have your results I do NOT envy anyone willing to take on this roll and several other positions inside the organization! I am thankful we have pullers, pullers wives, pullers kids etc etc with enough heart to deal with people who hide behind there screename!

Re: Mid-South Secretary June 05, 2022 04:07PM
The Norman.s are a first class family, THANKS FOR ALL DO

Re: Mid-South Secretary June 06, 2022 03:11AM
Absolutely right Steve !!!!

Re: Mid-South Secretary June 06, 2022 10:16AM
All I will say is we have always had a great experience pulling with MidSouth. Their staff is friendly and capable. This is a great group of people and I appreciate all the people that contribute their time and talent to provide a great environment to pull in. Is everything perfect? No, but if that were the case they wouldn’t have a place for us. Thanks again! Brotherskeeper John

Re: Mid-South Secretary June 07, 2022 11:00AM
Many of the pulling organizations run into similar problems.

Most of the time the person doing the tech and entry have other jobs during the week and the majority of the pullers are thankful for the job that the tech and entry people do.

Instead of complaining about it, step up and volunteer to help them out. You could be Assistant Secretary Spinning

The rule book lists the points breakdown formula. Just get a notebook and keep up with them yourself if the association is running behind posting them to a website during the week following the pull.

Re: Mid-South Secretary June 10, 2022 10:29AM
Nancy is doing an amazing job! It takes someone with patience to do the job and also to put up with big babies. Like others have said if the points is such a worry to you go grab you a pen and paper and figure yourself as it's only been three pulls into the season. I have been in this position and it is hard. Don't come on here and hide behind your keyboard and bash someone. The Norman Family is good people and doing a lot for the organization. More than it looks like you are!

Re: Mid-South Secretary June 10, 2022 11:14AM
Then - people don't bash the bashers.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,681, Posts: 229,783, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason