NTPA LSS class numbers July 09, 2022 01:55PM
At Dodge City they had 4 LSS in the second session and a winning distance of 257. Where is the rest of the pullers.

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 09, 2022 02:32PM
GN pulls in the western states seem to be a test to see which pullers are committed to the circuit. Dodge City KS and Hutchinson MN usually have lower numbers than pulls in the rest of the midwest states.

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 09, 2022 05:11PM
plus with Rock Valley going on at the same time might change some numbers between series, but I'm glad to see Ridge Runner get a GN win!

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 10, 2022 03:36AM
all the class numbers were low at dodge city.

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 10, 2022 03:50AM
It’s just to far! Arcola had great numbers with some of the same classes! Was surprised their wasn’t any champions tour event for the second straight weekend.

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 10, 2022 05:11AM
Joliet, IL was supposed to be this weekend but was canceled a couple weeks ago.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 10, 2022 05:44AM
I think waiting for parts and the expense to have a competitive tractor have a lot to do with the low numbers. Not that long ago some 3.9 and 4.1 pretty much stock turbo's were all that was needed to compete and most time you could run most if not all season without a major breakdown, 2500 or so HP would live, now 3500-4000 and up HP can't live. There used to be 10 LSS tractors in WTPA, now there are half that, Tomah used to have 25 or so, this year there were 12, yes some were at other events, but the numbers are still down, It's gotten way to expensive for most to even think about being competitive. Just my thoughts.

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 10, 2022 06:11AM
WTPA still has that many tractors but haven't seen a few out because they aren't back together yet.

Brent Yaron

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 10, 2022 10:11AM
ellsworth and ettrick had 4 lss and 5 lss.

Improvise by using less hp classes to gain numbers at pulls. July 10, 2022 12:46PM
Numbers are down in all the gn classes. If it weren't for light pros and 4.1 limited pros at tomah the show would've been really short on numbers. As these big hp classes get less dependable and parts are becoming harder to get i think big pulls are going to have to rely on less horsepower classes to gain numbers. Spectators would much rather see 20 llss than 4 lss. You can still have the lss class but they should probably also have the llss to gain numbers. Or it doesn't have to be llss, theres a ton of great running 9500lb hot farms in just about every state that put on great show.

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 10, 2022 12:54PM
The 505 CI limit and 3-4 turbochargers rules for alcohol about 20 years ago began the slow descent of the LSS class. Now horsepower generated by these tractors is starting to break component drive trains. Pullers are not to be blamed for this; they are just following the rules and trying to compete. A LSS alcohol puller told me their engine was fine with two turbochargers but when they went to three major breakages began. It is not too late!!!

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 11, 2022 03:14AM
IMO if your pull isn’t in the heart of the Midwest you arnt going to get good numbers! I live in northeast Ohio and even on the state circuit(OSTPA) if the pull isn’t around NEO the numbers are terrible! Fort Recovery was a state hook this year on a Saturday night and it was crickets! People can’t afford and don’t want to travel because of fuel costs this year and it may continue for several years until we get a new president!

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 13, 2022 02:48PM
Like people on this forum have pointed out previously, the price of fuel has very little to do with the number of pullers when table stakes for a competitive machine is a quarter million dollars. As far as the fans go, not very many pro stock fans (for example) are going to drive more than 20 minutes to see only four tractors even if fuel was free.

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 14, 2022 03:57AM
If you go back to a lower weight lss aky @ 6000 and diesels @ 6300 and not have this 350+ track keep them 290-300 diesels can compete.

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 14, 2022 02:27PM
IHC686
If you go back to a lower weight lss aky @ 6000 and diesels @ 6300 and not have this 350+ track keep them 290-300 diesels can compete.

I think your point was well proven at Morris! We don't need this floating finish bs.

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 13, 2022 10:19AM
Give the diesels 300 lbs more than spark plug engines you would see more tractors

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 13, 2022 11:35AM
Diesel needs 300-500lbs to run with the best
they can compete against so-so tractors with no extra weight

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 14, 2022 01:50AM

Let me get this straight, at even weight a good diesel can compete with so-so mid pack alcohols and that is ok?

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 14, 2022 01:53AM
Hmm

Let me get this straight, at even weight a good diesel can compete with so-so mid pack alcohols and that is ok?

Let me get this straight...... Diesels have been competitive with alcohols in the heavy class for several years, and even went 6 for 6 making Finals at Louisville against the alkies, yet diesels need more weight?

Are you saying if Esdon ran the 460 in the light class, or Degenhardt, they can't run competitively in the light class?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2022 01:54AM by The Original Michael.

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 14, 2022 02:10AM
Thread was about LSS not Heavy class, Louisville track helps to equalize secondary to short track.....you brought up heavy and Degenhardts. So in Tomah they won a dss hook and was only mid pack in uss. They also chose to run in USS vs LSS was it because they felt they were more competitive in USS than gn lss or other (scheduling etc)

As for LSS Bill, he said they need 300 to 500 for lss

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 14, 2022 09:28AM
i don't remember seeing very many DSS in the LSS at Louisville . was there a reason?

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 14, 2022 10:12AM
The NFMS won’t except diesel light supers. When Esdon had his light super he had to run it in the heavy class and actually won I believe back to back years!

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 14, 2022 11:24AM
Hmm

As for LSS Bill, he said they need 300 to 500 for lss

In Midsouth, Ryan Henley has done well in the LSS within diesel.

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 14, 2022 01:01PM
Yes the Night Trouble tractor is running really good and has had some good finishes as did Degenhardts in the video posted above by $. Degenhardts were in the top 5.....

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 14, 2022 06:12PM
I feel that this is a combination of things going on. As a fan you think these pullers have Donald Trump money and pull but they don't. Parts take time when everyone buys from a dozen different venders per class and diesel to drive to events is over 6$ a gallon with trucks that get 6-8 miles per. Even the rich gotta shake their head at things like that

If NTPA were SCOTUS..... July 15, 2022 01:07AM
$
[ntpapull.com]

Not sure what the poster who posted this link is intending, but the biggest takeaway from last night's Decorah, IA result....

A tough running Regional-level DSS was about 3 1/2 feet away from the 2021 NTPA Grand National Champion SSO tractor. In other words, just about even. Yet another data point for combining the classes.

We need pulling SCOTUS (NTPA Board) to issue a ruling that will be NTPA's version of Brown v. Board of Education and end pulling segregation. Separate but equal Super Stocks should cease in the sport of pulling.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2022 01:09AM by The Original Michael.

Re: If NTPA were SCOTUS..... July 15, 2022 01:43AM
Regional Heavy Super class isn't heads up on the weight. The Diesel's get 300 pounds over the Alky's. Rachner's had an awesome run and talking to them last night they were tickled to be a couple feet behind Bob.

Brent Yaron

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 15, 2022 05:25AM
KurtisCraddock
I feel that this is a combination of things going on. As a fan you think these pullers have Donald Trump money and pull but they don't. Parts take time when everyone buys from a dozen different venders per class and diesel to drive to events is over 6$ a gallon with trucks that get 6-8 miles per. Even the rich gotta shake their head at things like that

It's a heck of an idea that someone who can afford one or more pulling machines and a decent hauler would not use them because it's gonna cost $75 extra dollars per-pull in fuel to get there. But nobody ever said tractor pullers were rational.

Re: NTPA LSS class numbers July 15, 2022 11:38AM
Just looked at the lineup of LSS at the PPL Jersey village pull. They have 17

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,686, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,898.

Our newest member JD_8520