NTPA region 2 and OSTPA modifieds August 01, 2022 01:51AM
Can someone please explain to me why some guys run two motors and others around three? Mainly questioning what’s the difference with Jostock and Tedder/Writsel, Berry, Feiss? Why 3 motors instead of 2 and vice versa? Don’t they all have to run the same blowers?

Re: NTPA region 2 and OSTPA modifieds August 01, 2022 01:54AM
Two engines with 14-71 blowers or three engines with 8-71 blowers.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: NTPA region 2 and OSTPA modifieds August 01, 2022 02:56AM
The rules are that with three Hemi's you can run up to 8-71 blowers with 37% overdrive. With two Hemi's you can run 14-71 blowers at any overdrive (We run ours just under 70%). If you run three Chevy style engines you can run 8-71 blowers up to 70% overdrive if they are big chief style heads the overdrive is limited to 50%. We feel that the three engine Hemi setup is the combination with most potential at the RN level but we choose to run two with big blowers because we can then add an engine to run the GN Mod and be very competitive in both RN and GN classes.

S'no Farmer

Re: NTPA region 2 and OSTPA modifieds August 01, 2022 04:35AM
Todd I was looking for someone like you to weigh in. I’m assuming by the results the 2 motor setup with big blowers is probably the way to go?

Re: NTPA region 2 and OSTPA modifieds August 01, 2022 04:10PM
One reason it looks that way is because there are a lot of good tractors in that configuration. I still think a tractor like Scott Tedders would be dominant if it ran the whole circuit. We chose to run two because of the ease of changing classes and yet it is very competitive. When I first saw a tractor with two engines side by side up front I thought it would never work...I was wrong it works great!

S'no Farmer

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,644, Posts: 229,711, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520