Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 01:04AM
2 wheel drive, hands down the petro team randy and jesse , jus my 2 cents worth

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 02:23AM
What about Simon's in the TWD, And Terry Blackburn in the SSO, and who could forget Wileman's.. either for pulling, or building... and even Fuelish Pleasure... Names from back in the day would have to be hands down Art Arfons, and Banter's!

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 04:29AM
It's the Silver Bullet, and its not really even close. IMO

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 04:33AM
has to be Red line fever after all the controversy over him

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 07:31AM
Either Red Line Fever or the Silver Bullet

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 07:52AM
I think you can add the "new" bomb to that list. I't a beautiful piece from top to bottom, everyone recognizes it, but the SMV sign on the back is outstanding!

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 08:35AM
Unl. American Thunder
Mod. Funny Farmall
SS/D Red Line Fever
SS/O Silver Bullet
L/SS The Bomb
P/S Green Streak's
TWD Sullivans
FWD 4-Play
Mini Footloose
Semi Buckeye Bulldog

Sorry no S/F can't really think of one that is more popular than the other

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 11:10AM
Let's Break Down The pro stock class into IH,JD,Massey,Allis. Your going to have to think a little on the first 2 but ask any one about the last 2 and what will the answer be??? Bet I know. Probably the 2 best known pros in the nation.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 11:16AM
Look I can do it too. Lets think Super Stock diesel tractors. Think of an IH, JD, and Agco. First two might need some thinking involved but for the last one. One tractor comes to everyones mind.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 11:35AM
Your Absoultly right. Young Blood. Lets face it everyone on this site knows all the pullers, but you take the people that go to only 1 or 2 pulls a year and dont read about pulling in between, ask them when they get home who won and 9 times out of 10 they will reply, well there were a couple of JD's and a IH that ran good but that Warpath, Youngblood, Hurricane Allis, They got 1st-2nd-3rd or whatever it dosen't matter where they come in, those people remember those tractors.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 01:45PM
Even casual fans know who the Silver Bullet is, casual fans have no clue who Young Blood, the Petros, Boyds, or Edson Lehn is. The Silver Bullet has been a staple at BG<and around the country, heck my Amish neighbor whos into hot farms knows who the Silver Bullet is.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 03:30PM
yeah the bullet has how many championships compared to esdon? The boyds have the most advertised tractor on the planet so does that make them the best known? I don't know

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 05:20PM
No, it doesn't...the Lutsiks have been well know because they have a unique tractor that has been successful at all major tractor pulling venues, BG, Tomah, ATPA, PPL, NTPA, and the NFMS, and they have won so much over the years, and for a time, were completely dominant in the SS class.

I still think they are the most recognizable pullers in the U.S., because they are know by lots of "outsiders" and casual fans, not just in the know fans. Most people that have heard of pulling, or have been to an event or two are gonna remember the Bullet, whereas most arent gonna remember the Boyds, Petros, or other guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2009 05:21PM by Buckeye.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 05:36PM
wilemans have put the most tractors on the track bar none at least 40 in the last 10 years

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 05:48PM
They dont call him the king for nothing! Redline Fever

Re: ConfusedMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 04, 2009 12:16AM
he calls himself the King, he put it on his own pulling shirts!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 03, 2009 11:25PM
Sully Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The boyds have the most
> advertised tractor on the planet
-------------------------------------------------------

Cough cough...
Try a google search on "Johanna Herlevi" ...

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 04, 2009 04:06PM
old pullers
profox
mr. chevy
work horse
bad med.

current pullers
boyds
venny
edsen
roberts

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 07, 2009 01:01PM
Oh yeah what does he pull? I never heard of him.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 05, 2009 01:38AM
You only say that because you are an idiot and a disgrace to the state of Ohio.

Re: Grinning Here is your Answer Confused September 04, 2009 12:24AM
Older

Rooster
Mission Impossible
Aart Arfons
Banter Bros.
Imposter
Martin Bros.

Older and STILL Pulling

Up 'N Atom
Red Line Fever
Silver Bullet
Three Bears Pulling Team
4 - Play

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 04, 2009 09:32AM
I know he doesnt pull anymore, but what about Gardner Stone's The General??

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 04, 2009 04:19PM
The 4-play chevy of the Holemans is a very popular vehicle as well and has been around a LONG time. I asked several people who have only been to a few pulls but they do remember that "sharp old Red chevy with a big 4 on the side." I havn't seen the truck in a while but one of the first pulls I went to several years ago, I remembered Darrell Varner and the trucks he had over the years. Ecspecially "Udderly Smooth." Kids will never forget a truck with Cow spots all over it.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 07, 2009 01:08PM
Are we talking most recognized period, or recognized in the pulling circles.....Some of these people are good, but lots of fans today have no idea who they are, and pulling is much bigger now than it was 10-15 years ago.

I would still put my money on the Lustiks if there was a poll you could take of people that have been to a pull, or around pulling. I think that tractors are gonna stick in peoples mind alot more than trucks, which are basically all alike, wherea the Lustiks were very unique when they first brought out the V8 Cat on alky.

For years there was nothing like it anywhere, it was far an above the best show at BG for years.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 07, 2009 01:34PM
The Sneaky Snake Pro Stock

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 07, 2009 01:41PM
Remember when Lorenz and Wilkins were in their prime, they were so unbeatable? BG would chant when Lorenz came to the line. Wilkins won the prostock and superstock class at the ohio state fair, on the same night. Those were the days for IH fans, wish Wilkins coulda had the money to keep Shotgun inline with everyone else, he'd still kick but if someone could dump the cash into it.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 07, 2009 02:13PM
connor brothers had bad medicine aka silver bullet before lustiks bought it from them. @#$%& lustiks, king of smoke/ red line fever is the most recognized name of all time.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused September 07, 2009 04:07PM
Do you think Lustiks built that tractor? They bought it from Ernie Conner, it was the Bad Medicine tractor. That was one of the first big alky motors that Brent Long built besides for himself.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009