Pulloffs at BG this year? August 06, 2022 12:44PM
Last year, pulloffs were rare but they did have them at Bowling Green. Will they have pulloffs this year?

Re: Pulloffs at BG this year? August 06, 2022 02:28PM
I hope not. They are obviously not needed.

Re: Pulloffs at BG this year? August 06, 2022 03:40PM
MN Fan
I hope not. They are obviously not needed.

Be careful what you wish for. The sport of pulling needs ever single Fan it can get. Pulloffs create drama, excitement and enthusiasm!! When fans are excited and enthusiastic they spend money and likely to return to the next event with new people to the sport! When fans lose their enthusiasm they more then likely don't return or tell their buddies what a great time they had. Anybody that thinks otherwise should revisit Ken veney winning the mini mod class a couple years back at bg in a pulloff. The fans went crazy and the place erupted!! Fans are customers and when you don't provide excitement for your customers or value, your customers leave you for something that will provide that excitement! Ever wonder why NPK drag racing has exploded? It's because the "big leagues" have lost sight of their Fan base!! Some may think it's a gimmick bit a couple guys that are thinking way out of the box are going top fuel NP racing! Don't think for a second that this idea wasn't well thought out and the fans are dieing to see it!! I realize I will be lamb basted by some of you but pulling is entertainment and the sport is in competition with every other form of entertainment for the fans entertainment dollars!! Dont ever lose sight of what fans want or desire!!

Re: Pulloffs at BG this year? August 06, 2022 03:04PM
I hope they do. It would be nice to see a real finish line at a tractor pull again, and what better place than BG.

Re: Pulloffs at BG this year? August 06, 2022 03:33PM
Pulloffs are a waste of time. Most pullers don't want the extra expense of the pulloff or risk breakage before the end of the season and don't come back to hook. Then you waste time to have one come back and bump the sled. What does that prove? Sure you may have a rare few that will have a pulloff becuase of the chase for points but why chance a major breakdown before the end of the season? If BG was the last event of the season I would be all for a pulloff.

Re: Pulloffs at BG this year? August 07, 2022 04:20AM
So what's the difference of a pulloff or guys grinding their stuff into the ground for a 380' pass and then having the sled reset? I can tell you that stuff probably cost Ricky Rose a win Friday afternoon in Rockwell. Should have looked at at least one more before resetting that sled.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009