Gambling at pulls August 11, 2022 07:37AM
Ohio has legalized gambling at sporting events. Any thoughts on gambling on pulling? Northside BG? Hire an odds wagering company to manage the gambling and operate it similar to horse racing. Win place or show perfecta and trifecta straight or boxed. It would add a lot of excitement and cheering for the fans. I thought it would be interesting and would make pulling at an event like BG even more fun and entertaining than it already is.

Re: Gambling at pulls August 11, 2022 07:57AM
We used to bet beers on tractors involved in pull offs in Tomah, perfectly legal and everyone always got their fill! Haha

Re: Gambling at pulls August 11, 2022 08:19AM
I know a crew at BG that is $1 per class and they pick 1 for each class that session. Overall winner gets traveling trophy

Re: Gambling at pulls August 11, 2022 08:31AM
My group bets on every class at BG...just cheap friendly bets among us in the stands. We also now have a traveling trophy for whoever picks the most classes right. We love making these little bets because it keeps us interested in classes that we wouldn't normally care for and also because we all love to have the bragging rights. We do it at more pulls than just BG but BG is the main one for sure. I make sure to let my whole group know throughout the year who has the traveling trophy from last year!

Re: Gambling at pulls August 11, 2022 04:58PM
there used to be some pulls that had “calcutta” betting in the upper midwest. haven’t seen it in quite a while though

Re: Gambling at pulls August 11, 2022 11:26PM
There’s another variant that you can use—although it’s more akin to a lottery. You have your buy-in, then you receive a randomly generated number that corresponds to the pull order. Winner takes the pot.

Then there’s a spin-off of that where you alternate drawing numbers until every player has a “team” (helpful with large classes or if you don’t have many people playing). Winner is the player whose team has the highest combined distance.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Gambling at pulls August 12, 2022 01:36AM
As long as there are sled resets, pulling will never be a legitimate sport on which to gamble.

Re: Gambling at pulls August 12, 2022 02:54AM
The guys @ Rockwell we’re betting on if the next tractor went further or shorter than the leader. Seemed to work pretty good.

Re: Gambling at pulls August 12, 2022 04:19AM
Cody
The guys @ Rockwell we’re betting on if the next tractor went further or shorter than the leader. Seemed to work pretty good.

Which reminds me of this one:
A person sets a distance for the whole class before the first hook. Then the players bet on whether the individual tractors will go shorter or farther than that par distance.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Gambling at pulls August 13, 2022 11:54PM
John Murray

Which reminds me of this one:
A person sets a distance for the whole class before the first hook. Then the players bet on whether the individual tractors will go shorter or farther than that par distance.

We have done this style in the past. We set the distance after the first one or two vehicles down the track. Then bet over or under.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,707, Posts: 229,811, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,082, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro