LARRY ROBERTS September 03, 2009 05:14AM
WAS WONDERING WHAT HAPPENED TO LARRY ROBERTS IN NTPA THIS YEAR SEE HE IS PULLING PPL BUT HE HAD A GREAT GROUP OF TRACTORS THAT WERE MISSED IN THE NTPA THIS YEAR. DID SOMETHING HAPPEN BETWEEN HIM AND THE NTPA????

Re: LARRY ROBERTS September 03, 2009 07:38AM
I heard it had something to do with sponsorship to the NTPA. Something to do with NTPA wanted more sponorship than Mr Roberts was willing to give. I don't know if this is the whole story, just what I had heard.

Re: LARRY ROBERTS September 03, 2009 08:40AM
Lots of rumors on this subject

Re: LARRY ROBERTS September 03, 2009 04:38PM
Indeed. Bottom line: Roberts is not pulling with the NTPA.

Personally think there's a clash between Larry Roberts and Dave Schreier.

Re: LARRY ROBERTS September 03, 2009 05:12PM
Dude doesn't wanna pull his tractors on the NTPA, its a free land. He wants to save'em for the PPL, rumors, or no rumors, its Larrys call.

-BTW, Thanx Larry for all ya done for the OSPTA, we appreciate it so very, very, very much man!

Re: LARRY ROBERTS September 03, 2009 05:56PM
Larry has done a lot for the sport period! I don't see what it matters where he pulls, as long as he is happy!

Re: LARRY ROBERTS September 03, 2009 07:09PM
I also heard it was a problem between Larry and Dave at or just before Tomah. I don't mean to spread rumors, just trying to answer the original question.

2008 September 04, 2009 12:37AM
It was before Tomah they had problems

Re: 2008 September 04, 2009 12:50AM
He probably knows what is going on and that is what counts.

Re: 2008 September 04, 2009 01:23AM
Don't think Larry has personally hooked at all this year. John, Tim, Jason, LD have piloted machines this year.

Re: 2008 September 04, 2009 02:23AM
Nothing huh? Waaaaaa...........Waaaaaaaaaa......Waaaaaaaa.......Larry Roberts left the NTPA......WAAAAAAA!!!!

Get a life, Roberts has helped the NTPA, ATPA, and is now a huge part of the PPL. He's been massive in tractor pulling over the last decade.

Re: 2008 September 04, 2009 03:42AM
Who else can put more tractors on the track than him? He has entertained a lot of us over the years with his tractors.

Re: 2008 September 05, 2009 01:53AM
I think it's hard to place a value on the impact Roberts has had on pulling. I'm amazed at the number of teams fielding three twd vehicles, but Roberts expendentures on his open super stocks and multiple mods could have funded 15 to 20 competitive twds. Gardner Stone set the bar high for hauler expenditures, and his haulers were highly functional, both in tractor accomodations and well as his. Silver Bullets custom hauler/promotional trailer was a high tech marvel. But years earlier, the Mello's came to Bowling Green with matching Provost, pulling their minis.
However, Roberts has put a 7 figure budget into building and maintaining actual competitive units-----a budget that is approaching entry level pro-NHRA, NASCAR expenditures. Look at it this way, Vories could bring out at least 3 American Thunders, Kathy could bring out multiple Black Widows, Edson, what, Red Line Fevers I, II, III and IV?. In those terms, Roberts is in a league of his own. Whatever his influence, when he pulls the plug, whatever class you root for, he'll be greatly missed. And we may not know his influence until his interest moves elsewhere.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009