Bowling Green could have low #s August 13, 2022 11:47PM
Numbers are down in many classes, and it wouldn't be surprising if BG has less vehicles in than normal. PPL numbers have been a little lower, but their PS, USS and LSS numbers have been roughly half of what I would have expected for much of the past month.

While NTPA GN Napoleon got rained out, the DSS class had 5 entries, including 2 region tractors and 3 GN vehicles, one of which is actually a pro (or maybe light pro motor with component chassis if running 540 ci). Locally, OSTPA has seen fewer PS than normal this year.

Either GN guys are saving equipment (which makes me ask if Napoleon is necessary since BG is 30 miles away and 5 days later), or breakage combined with supply chain is dwindling numbers. The cost of diesel fuel isn't helping.

Hopefully BG will have big fields and pullers have traveled less to be able to come there, but I wouldn't be shocked to see something like 10-12 LSS, DSS, maybe 12-15 SSO, and 25ish PS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2022 11:48PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 14, 2022 01:53PM
I really hope your wrong on this.
Other than that,I enjoy your post

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 14, 2022 02:32PM
maybe pro numbers are down cuz the same few guys are buying up the class??

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 15, 2022 12:27AM
maybe pro numbers are down cuz the same few guys are buying up the class??

This is absolutely not true. People are waiting on parts plain and simple. Or staying home due to the prices of fuel.

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 14, 2022 11:13PM
This is the equivalent of forecasting weather. It's pointless and irritating. There is no ability to change the outcome. It will be what it will be. I'm sure it will turn out fine and it will be a great show regardless who does or doesn't show up.

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 15, 2022 07:23AM
I'm sorry that it's pointless and irritating to you and I completely agree that "it will be what it will be", however it's not different than any other sport. In fact the entire point of sports talk radio (and TV) is based on making predictions and assumptions on who will win, who's defense is better, who will come off of injury and play or who won't because they got hurt in practice. People speculate on everything from the line-up to the outcome of the game. Talk radio that focuses on politics is exactly the same. If you don't want to speculate that's fine... but other people do.

Personally even though numbers have been down this year overall, I think there are probably a number of pullers that have been saving their equipment for BG. I don't really expect to see a drastic change in numbers from last year in any of the classes.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 15, 2022 07:26AM
I'm guessing numbers may be down but not drastically enough to make a difference. I think in classes like the pro stock class mentioned above, BG typically draws 50ish. Would expect to see 40ish this year.

Sorry if making a prediction angers people, but thought speculation and talking about the sport was the whole point of this site. (Which is why I appreciate it)

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 15, 2022 08:43AM
I don’t think numbers will be drastically less than years previous. Yes, fuel prices are high, but come on… When some of these toys are a quarter-million, that’s a drop in the bucket. At the end of the day, this is Bowling Green. The largest stage in pulling — folks will come out of the woodwork to be there.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 15, 2022 07:26AM
Whatever the numbers are, I intend to enjoy myself and will appreciate whoever is there. My son is on his way up from Louisiana to attend with myself and my younger son. It's our boys' weekend every year.

Even at the low level I pull at, numbers have been down all year. From guys waiting on parts from damage last year to guys not able to get parts to make repairs from breakdowns this year, it's tough. And, yes, a few decided to sit this year out, but I doubt many who want to go to BG will stay home because of a few hundred bucks to fuel the hauler.

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 15, 2022 07:35AM
Dirtfarmer is right. The cost of diesel has little to do with it. At the end of the day, diesel fuel is one of the cheapest inputs to tractor pulling. Table stakes in BG-level pulling is hundreds of thousands of dollars and countless man hours. No puller comes to close to breaking even on their total investment, and that would be true even if diesel fuel were free.

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 15, 2022 11:12AM
The outlaws are hooking in Wisner the same weekend, according to the app there will be 160 hooks on friday night! I think that is an awesome thing we all know there will be hundreds of hooks at bg that's a given! The way this pulling year has shaped out I am truly happy to have great competition across all organizations! Where ever the pullers choose to pull this weekend THANK YOU !

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 16, 2022 12:52PM
lss 16
PS 30
DSS 10
OSS 18
SSDT 17
Mod 18
UnL Mod 17
Lt Mod 9
Semi 14
4x4 28
mini 35
twd 44

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 18, 2022 11:38PM
Math major, Your not to far off on those numbers!! Thursdays classes were close to your numbers and the pull still lasted until 11;30.

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 20, 2022 01:28AM
Question to other fans.

Do you enjoy BG allowing anybody to pull?

Or do you get annoyed when 2 Limited Pro tractors pull in the Pro Stock class and waste ~6 minutes of time

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 20, 2022 01:54AM
It took more than 6 minutes, to sort out the Mini Rod debacle.

2 limted pro's jumping in, is the least on my worries.

(466 hot farms, have a history of pulling in Super Farm at Tomah)

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 20, 2022 08:18AM
Some folks just to be able to say they pulled at BG. If their vehicle fits the rules for the class they want to pull in, how do you tell them they can't?

Can't pull a NA motor in minis anymore, they made a rule against it. Used to be a guy show up every year and go about 60 feet.

Re: Bowling Green could have low #s August 21, 2022 09:12AM
Yep was gonna say now you can’t pull in minis if you have a small block, naturally aspirated (no matter what size), or run tires smaller than the normal mini tires. One guy would show up with a garden tractor mini and I guess that’s where they said enough was enough.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,726, Posts: 229,858, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,981.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro