Why do we care so much about pro stocks? August 29, 2022 11:13AM
Why video?

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: Why do we care so much about pro stocks? August 30, 2022 01:27AM
Jason hit the NAIL right on the head. NASCAR they are toyota bodies with chevy motors in them .....NHRA is toyota body with a HEMI in it......what is the HUGE issue with a red tractor with a green heart. Who cares its another new cool looking piece of equipment on the track. I for one and absolutely SICK of cookie cutter hemi mods, the diffis only one has screw chargers and one has roots blower..... the old days was hemis, ford , chey allison and turbines...... my opinion

Re: Why do we care so much about pro stocks? August 30, 2022 07:13AM
so you love red tractors? but the red tractor that won the class has a green engine! are you proud of that? you run into a hot lovely girl and marry her! then you find out later she has man parts! do you still feel the same for her? hahahaha

Re: Why do we care so much about pro stocks? August 31, 2022 03:55PM
I am torn on this subject. I've been going to pulls since the early 80's, feel I have been lucky to watch pulling grow into the best of times. From the magazine era to the internets as we know. Thanks Morgan's for giving this platform to discuss.

As I said, I see the argument both ways. Traditionalist vs Progressive

First off, Trucks seem to have lost their roots along time ago. There are hemi ford and chevy now in 4WD, so they don't fit the traditionalist spectrum. TWD's have been blown hemis for well over 20+ years. Trucks also have ran aftermarket "blocks" for a very long time. If Mod 4WD and/or Mod 2wd had rules to run stock blocks (or based on a OEM block) from a TWD production truck, guessing the argument might be different in those classes. So comparing the two just doesn't hold water to myself. Let me clarify, not bashing TWD and 4WD classes just is what it is.

This is where I am torn, the tractor classes derive from a different rule base. As I know it, tractors started as "stock blocks", or as we know today Super Stock. Also starting the modified classes as well, when V8's were added to tractors. I know Pro Stock is a different class, but it was a spin off from the Super Stocks, aka "Stock Blocks". Obviously, PS's only run (1) turbo but someone at one time wanted to run on a smaller scale, guessing the class was started. To me this is similar to current times of every 466 class and/or Pro/Hot/Farm/Field classes that exist today. Again, nothing wrong with them, but just evolution of the sport.

My traditionalist point of view for the carpet not matching the drapes. (Translation, running a deere based motor in a IH tin, for the novice). How can rules be the way they have been since the inception, and then just change for such reasons. Then expect people to just forget with the rule change. Change is the hardest thing to deal with. I hate it more than anyone, creature of habit by nature. My point being rules are in place for a reason. When they are changed, some go with and others don't. Being the traditionalist, I would say turn the wrench, do some homework, watch what they are doing, adapt to the environment. As I have heard competition brings the best out of every one. If we all just follow the leader then we all walk off the pier. Thus why a lot of people don't like cross dressing. Maybe some don't want to be the next NHRA/NASCAR.

This is where the tear comes. IH is at a standard set back right off the rip, some have accepted it. I still have hope, but see the hill is tall. Go Tapped Out!!

Big block deeres have the advantage via cubic inch. I will be honest I am not certain on the bore spacing or any internal details. But as I know it via college football, Deeres start on the 45 yard line, and IH with others start on their own 35..

I see why some have gone to the other side. It is the easy way out. Run what everyone else is running, no matter the hood, so you have a chance on the national level. My opinion and what I have grown up watching, is not that. Just run a green tractor with green tin.

What happen to the roots of the sport. With this way, ingenuity and perspectives are gone, or at least I think. I was once told at a pull about not attending the local classes before a national pull, "Stay true to your roots or you will lose your footing". SHK.

Guess I don't see competition being brought out by the guys running basically the same equipment.

Disclaimer.....I don't have a puller, but absolutely love to watch. But if I had funds to do so, I would run the carpet and curtains matching...give me something to do. I realize that isn't a realistic perspective, but mine.

Re: Why do we care so much about pro stocks? September 01, 2022 05:00AM
I truly could not care less what block is under the hood of any pulling tractor. If you want it to match, you would see 28 John Deeres in a class of 30 pro stocks. Nobody wants that. There's nothing stock about these tractors. They are made to pull a sled and put on a show, not for planting the back 40. Yes, people may have been a little over the top excited about what is really just different sheet metal, but who really cares. More color is good for the sport.

Re: Why do we care so much about pro stocks? September 01, 2022 05:10AM
Versatile (Nemesis) or a Lamborghini , would make some good looking Pro Stocks.

Re: Why do we care so much about pro stocks? September 01, 2022 06:39AM
Ok... here's the problem with this, as a puller of a limited pro tractor class now and a fan too you have to think of the future and nobody ever seems to do that in the sport of pulling. You are all right, once you get into the super stock and pro stock classes there is nothing stock about them any more, component tube style chassis, truck type style rear ends, profab style trans, billet blocks and so on... so not really any or very much John Deere or IH left period, and yes a new color in the class is always nice. My fear is that... ok the writing is already on the wall that limited pro and light pro stock will soon be component chassis too ( which I personally don't think is necessary but whatever that's fine ) then in a few years after that is all passed through guys will be whining for any sheet metal and any block in that class then too ( too add color ) since it's already a component chassis class, so at the end of the day you have a bunch of non ag rear end classes with billet blocks and who knows what for sheet metal on them? Plus then making these so called beginner or starter classes even more expensive to be in. And yes the average person sitting in the stands drinking beer and just socializing doesn't care or even know what is under the hood, but the other purist, long time fan, or farmer that is brand loyal down the road does care though. And yes I get Nascar is already this way and I feel their audience has shrunk because of it among many other things. Someone else mentioned the diesel truck class and people not caring about them all having Cummins motors, I disagree too look at the popularity of like cummins killer and jumping jack flash just for that reason. I for one applaud those who are running different motors. I guess the point of this is look at the can of worms that may have been or already is open and may in the long wrong hurt the sport as a whole. Just my two pennies

Re: Why do we care so much about pro stocks? September 01, 2022 07:44AM
I've been a puller/fan for over 45 yrs.when I go to brush pulls I cheer for the driver,many of whom I know personally.when I go to a st-rn-gn pull I'm always cheering for the tractor,this would have never been an issue ic the board in the mid 80s had forethought

Re: Why do we care so much about pro stocks? September 01, 2022 09:19AM
You wouldnt have 28 JDs in a class of 30 if the cubic inches would have been kept under control the limited pro will take over

Re: Why do we care so much about pro stocks? September 01, 2022 05:12PM
Everyone is concerned about which block is in there on pro stock, but how about the light;super tractors running alcohol? I think that a tractor should run the fuel that it came out with.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,647, Posts: 229,714, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,068, Posts: 225,905.

Our newest member JD_8520