Wellington OH NTPA LSS class August 30, 2022 05:53AM
[www.youtube.com]

What happen with Jason Hootman run ? He had a stellar pass which the flag man walked him back to float but then they reset the sled and he never came back.

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class August 31, 2022 01:27AM
Jason didn't come back because at the drivers meeting they told the pullers that they are running a floating finish line. After Jason had a perfect pass and went 401 they decided to reset the sled.

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class August 31, 2022 07:28AM
Jason got screwed on that sled reset, he made an awesome pass that no one was going to come close too and they reset sled with only 6 tractors there,what a joke.

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class August 31, 2022 10:06AM
You’d think the NTPA would actually try and win some pullers over instead of pissing them off. This is a joke just like sheltons at BG. and the rules change that made the Chizek team leave. The GN points races are laughable to the point that you really have to ask if half of them are even legitimate

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class August 31, 2022 11:23AM
Floating Finish stinks! Many classes I've seen by both organizations have been ruined the same way! Don't think anyone else was going to go that far either. (It's a hard decision but should look at more than 1) As soon as I saw the weight being added to the sled I knew he wouldn't come back. The last 75' were hard pulling. 400' is ridiculous to start with.

As for the points, have you checked ppl? There's is as bad or worse.

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class August 31, 2022 11:30AM
To many times the ntpa doesn't follow the rules that they set no wonder people keep leaving

Common sense and track/sled people August 31, 2022 02:28PM
This incident reminds me of something similar from years ago. Does anyone remember when NTPA sanctioned Essex Junction, VT on Labor Day?

I remember years ago on Fonda's board, she talked about how they were at the pull with their two wheeler and the SS class was also on the day's schedule (not sure if this was before or after the diesel/alky split). Anyway, she said Richard Lustik was first hook in a class of about 7. He had a great pull. They reset the sled. I remember Fonda remarked "Rich was so disgusted he put it on the trailer."

I realize there is an element of a judgment call, but perhaps NTPA could adopt a "Best Practices" policy for Track Officials if one doesn't already exist.
Along the lines of if a class has fewer than 10 entries, unless the first tractor or two runs as far as the usable track, don't reset the sled!!! I suppose if the first one has no apparent breakage or balance issue and only goes 220', a case could be made to lighten the sled but that's not the case here.

All this being said, my first question is for the sled operator setting the thing so a LSS would get anywhere near 400' to begin with. I wasn't there, don't know the conversations or what went through the heads of the track officials and sled operator. However, looking at it from the outside, appears there was a lack of common sense at multiple places along the line, not the least of which is why not try to stop the tractor at 330ish and if he makes 350 on a stellar pass, ok.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2022 02:55PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class August 31, 2022 03:10PM
Fan 2
Floating Finish stinks!.

I agree with that. Many pullers don't but I do. Floating finish has really screwed things up in pulling along with the arrogance of many pullers. I won't forget a pro stock puller from my state complaining about the fans got to see him run twice for the same amount of money years ago. smh

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 01, 2022 05:17AM
Supertiquer

Floating Finish stinks!.

I agree with that. Many pullers don't but I do. Floating finish has really screwed things up in pulling along with the arrogance of many pullers. I won't forget a pro stock puller from my state complaining about the fans got to see him run twice for the same amount of money years ago. smh

And, it could be fixed if sled operators could do there jobs! Most sled operators have seen these classes before, so shouldn't they have a notebook with basic sled settings for each class?

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 01, 2022 05:31AM
In most cases, the sled is following the promoters wishes.

They are hired help, just like the pullers.

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 01, 2022 06:22AM
Promoter (to sled operator) "I want you to let the first puller in a class of 6 go 400 feet. Then, we'll reset the sled."

Sled Operator: "Sounds good. Will do."

If promoters try to dictate the actual on-track performance in any sanctioned class, that shows a lack of integrity for the promoter, and if the sanctioning body acquieses, that is a lack of integrity there as well. Promoters promote and sell tickets. Once the show starts, the on-track decisions should be left to people hired by the sanctioning body.

Example- Baders own Norwalk. Do you think NHRA would listen for one second if Bader said "listen, I want the top fuel cars to run in the 3.68 range. Can you prep the track for that?"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2022 06:23AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 01, 2022 07:21AM
The biggest check book, is King.
Boat rockers, don't get hired back.

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 01, 2022 07:24AM
$
The biggest check book, is King.
Boat rockers, don't get hired back.

And pullers who break parts due to BS sled settings when the people running the pull should know better may tend to reassess the sanctioning body they pull for.

The vehicle in question could be just as competitive for more money in PPL, or stay local and run ESP. The sanctioning body's first and primary customer is the puller.

No pullers = no show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2022 07:26AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 01, 2022 07:41AM
Don't kid yourself, the show will still go on.

It may be a tough truck contest or country music, this is the entertainment industry, piss off a promoter and they will find something else.

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 01, 2022 08:50AM
Unfortunately, $ is absolutely right. Promoters will replace you quicker than you can bat an eye with a multitude of types of entertainment. And if think they won’t, you’re kidding yourself.

Now, to the point of the thread….. why no second hook, then reset if it’s going “further” (400’ is pretty far). How many of us can think of how many (even this year) that first hook won the class? I’d put it on the trailer and it it’d go elsewhere next time too…

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 01, 2022 02:10PM
$

It may be a tough truck contest or country music, this is the entertainment industry, piss off a promoter and they will find something else.

Yes they will but will the truck and tractor pulling fans be there for tough truck contest or the country music show? And how much will those 2 shows cost the promoter?

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 02, 2022 04:45AM
The Music cost more but the Tough Truck Cost nothing and in our area out draws the pulling. The tough truck purse is 3 or 4 thousand dollars and it 40 bucks to enter. You do the math. It's a windfall profit for the fairs and where they make most of the spending income for the next year.

Supertiquer

Yes they will but will the truck and tractor pulling fans be there for tough truck contest or the country music show? And how much will those 2 shows cost the promoter?

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 01, 2022 01:56PM
The Original Michael
Promoter (to sled operator) "I want you to let the first puller in a class of 6 go 400 feet. Then, we'll reset the sled."

Sled Operator: "Sounds good. Will do."

If promoters try to dictate the actual on-track performance in any sanctioned class, that shows a lack of integrity for the promoter, and if the sanctioning body acquieses, that is a lack of integrity there as well. Promoters promote and sell tickets. Once the show starts, the on-track decisions should be left to people hired by the sanctioning body.

Example- Baders own Norwalk. Do you think NHRA would listen for one second if Bader said "listen, I want the top fuel cars to run in the 3.68 range. Can you prep the track for that?"

very good point and I will agree with that also

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 01, 2022 02:25PM
Let's stay on topic. The question is did the NTPA follow the rules that they set at the drivers meeting regarding running a floating finish line. The answer is either YES or NO.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 01, 2022 03:03PM
Dick Morgan
Let's stay on topic. The question is did the NTPA follow the rules that they set at the drivers meeting regarding running a floating finish line. The answer is either YES or NO.

Well I really don't know Dick. What is YOUR answer to the question?

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 01, 2022 11:08PM
Wasn't there. However IF they did tell Jason ( and all the other drivers) that they are running a floating finish line and then reset the sled then clearly it was not right, nor fair. My opinion.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 02, 2022 01:36AM
After reading I vote no.wouldnt surprise me if ntpa lost 2 good,reliable,loyal,tractors over this.and I wouldn't blame them one bit

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 02, 2022 03:02AM
Dick Morgan
Wasn't there. However IF they did tell Jason ( and all the other drivers) that they are running a floating finish line and then reset the sled then clearly it was not right, nor fair. My opinion.

I would agree with that but I wasn't there either, so we really don't know for sure if that actually happened. I have seen other organizations tell us at drivers' meetings, "we are going to run a floating finish unless you get way out there" and never tell us what way out there is. That is not right either. Just my opinion also.

Re: Wellington OH NTPA LSS class September 02, 2022 03:44AM
I do not like what they did to Hootman; however, a floating finish has nothing to do with if there is a sled reset. Had Jason gone 250, should there not have been a sled reset?

Now to me it looks like they had enough track to leave it only, but I too was not there.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520